IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her car were in the water there should be an oil slick on the water.
You would think so, but that's not necessarily true. When Terrilynn Monette's car went into a bayou here in New Orleans last March, there was no oil slick. I don't recall the exact depth off hand, but it was no more than about 15-20 feet.

Yep, I was going to chime in to say the same. An oil slick in Terrilynn's case would have been such a HUGE HELP. (among other similar cases)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I had a Terrilynn Monette sort of vibe right from the start, but then from what I'd read it didn't seem as if that could be the case .... but now I'm back there again.
With Terrilynn, we knew that whichever route she chose, she had to pass one of at least three bodies of water to get to her apartment. There's water in Kristy's area, but none that she would pass on a normal route home from the VFW Hall, or even South Side. IF she went into the water, it means she drove somewhere unexpected outside of the area, or she and her car were placed into the water.

fo2m9uZ.jpg

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=z_2Z3pe8fjYo.k9GrvZhtoDd4

This appears to be a nearby strip pit (in the opposite direction from KK's residence). As you can see, she wouldn't have driven into it by accident.

I wonder if this is one that will be searched.

AVBm9CG.jpg

More water to the northeast
4gBYxLs.jpg

Another to the east
4RU8frD.jpg

You would think so, but that's not necessarily true. When Terrilynn Monette's car went into a bayou here in New Orleans last March, there was no oil slick. I don't recall the exact depth off hand, but it was no more than about 15-20 feet.
How did they end up finding Terri Lynn's car?

A diver was in an entirely different area in which they thought she went, and he found it while diving in the bayou, miles away from where they thought she was.

ETA: I highlighted "thought" because the all the reports said traffic cams saw her turning one way at a light when it turned out it wasn't her at all. So they focused their entire search in the bayou based on the wrong information.

Everywhere I'm familiar with, bodies of water comparable to Stripper pits would be fenced off and access restricted. Are there any such places near Boonville that you could actually drive to? The same with the Ohio or any other river; are there places when you can drive right up to water deep enough to push a car in so that it will not be found.

The is a large river near where I live and numerous lakes, reservoirs and gravel pits but I can't think of a single spot where such a thing could be done. There are a few spots where a car, moving very fast, might get into deep enough water to sink out of sight, but it is hard to get a car very far just pushing it. Wharfs and piers are one place this can be done. Around here, access is pretty much restricted but it may be different in Indiana.
Little o/t
Local story from my area ... a kid bought lsd from the internet, took it, and then drove his car 90mph through town and ended up driving into a quarry.
http://www.ottawaradio.net/pages/19557909.php
The car sped down W. Main St. from just east of Lincoln School on June 16th. It hit a curb on Boyce Memorial Dr., crashed through a chain link fence at the sand mine property, and then went over a berm next to a sand pit. The car fell 70 or more feet before plunging into the water at the bottom.

Which made me think of another local quarry that's a drinking and cliff jumping spot .... very very low key bc it is private property. so locals in boonesville might be able to come up with some hidden gems like this that could be looked into.

A diver was in an entirely different area in which they thought she went, and he found it while diving in the bayou, miles away from where they thought she was.

ETA: I highlighted "thought" because the all the reports said traffic cams saw her turning one way at a light when it turned out it wasn't her at all. So they focused their entire search in the bayou based on the wrong information.
No, not miles. :)

Bayou St. John had been searched by LE and TES right up to the north side of the Harrison Ave. bridge. One day a volunteer diver from a neighboring parish (an angel, in my book), was loading his boat on the south side of the bridge. By a fluke, iirc, he happened to pick up on Terrilynn's car on sonar.

The problem was a case of mistaken identity of a car. LE was certain TM's car was captured on a traffic camera turning north at a particular intersection (Harrison and Marconi), which would have taken her to a different bridge (either the bridge at Filmore or the one at RE Lee) north of the spot where she was found. So even though the north side of the Harrison Ave bridge was searched, that's where they stopped because no one expected her to be that far south.

Terrilynn Monette case map

In this capture you can see the search concentrated on the area around Filmore Ave and Wisner. The green horses mark where TES searched with sonar.
JpbVWHl.jpg

All the while, her car rested less than a mile south at Harrison Ave and Wisner. (My red arrows show a possible route, not necessarily an actual one. Authorities seem to think she was heading east on Harrison.)
XQF3sNM.jpg

No, not miles. :)

Bayou St. John had been searched by LE and TES right up to the north side of the Harrison Ave. bridge. One day a volunteer diver from a neighboring parish (an angel, in my book), was loading his boat on the south side of the bridge. By a fluke, iirc, he happened to pick up on Terrilynn's car on sonar.

The problem was a case of mistaken identity of a car. LE was certain TM's car was captured on a traffic camera turning north at a particular intersection (Harrison and Marconi), which would have taken her to a different bridge (either the bridge at Filmore or the one at RE Lee) north of the spot where she was found. So even though the north side of the Harrison Ave bridge was searched, that's where they stopped because no one expected her to be that far south.

Terrilynn Monette case map

In this capture you can see the search concentrated on the area around Filmore Ave and Wisner. The green horses mark where TES searched with sonar.
View attachment 58254

All the while, her car rested less than a mile south at Harrison Ave and Wisner. (My red arrows show a possible route, not necessarily an actual one. Authorities seem to think she was heading east on Harrison.)
View attachment 58255
Thank u

I don't think it was her driving the car away. More importantly, I don't think it was her driving the car back by the bar at a later time. I think someone ditched her and then drove somewhere else and ditched the car. JMO.

I don't think it was her driving the car away. More importantly, I don't think it was her driving the car back by the bar at a later time. I think someone ditched her and then drove somewhere else and ditched the car. JMO.

I've thought about that. Who knows if she drove the car that night at all? We aren't even sure it WAS her car in the second video. She could have been accosted at the VFW, or in the PL of the VFW or she headed down to SS and was accosted there and taken to someone unknown place where her vehicle may or may not have been seen in the first video.

I hate to say it, but that theory makes sense.

I hate to say it, but that theory makes sense.

If so, I am more convinced it would have been someone she knows. Not many random perps would expect a woman to exit alone from the bar at that hour. Even if he had been inside, he probably would have gathered she was waiting for the bartender. And it seems as though hardly anyone was in the bar anyway. The thing is, if someone "took" her, from there or elsewhere, were they on foot? That question and her car remaining missing still makes me think an accident is possible.

Jmo

If so, I am more convinced it would have been someone she knows. Not many random perps would expect a woman to exit alone from the bar at that hour. Even if he had been inside, he probably would have gathered she was waiting for the bartender. And it seems as though hardly anyone was in the bar anyway. The thing is, if someone "took" her, from there or elsewhere, were they on foot? That question and her car remaining missing still makes me think an accident is possible.

Jmo

I'm not a seer by any means, but I just get a Kelly Bordeaux vibe here for some reason.

Jmo
I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. Any thoughts on where an accident might have occurred?

I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. Any thoughts on where an accident might have occurred?

Honestly I cannot get a feel for the area or terrain. I have never been through the Midwest and only know it to be thought of as having lots of fields and flat land. The river seems possible, if it is close to the road in some places, but again, unless she was going elsewhere, and not home, how to even guess? I am leaning towards both images being her car, though, just due to the time and lack of vehicles on the road.

But I really do not have a clue...but am having a hard time picturing a car-less, random predator being able to overpower her, get control of the car, etc all on the off chance he would happen upon a victim. Jmo

Honestly I cannot get a feel for the area or terrain. I have never been through the Midwest and only know it to be thought of as having lots of fields and flat land. The river seems possible, if it is close to the road in some places, but again, unless she was going elsewhere, and not home, how to even guess? I am leaning towards both images being her car, though, just due to the time and lack of vehicles on the road.

But I really do not have a clue...but am having a hard time picturing a car-less, random predator being able to overpower her, get control of the car, etc all on the off chance he would happen upon a victim. Jmo

It's not very flat here. There's lots of trees and it is pretty hilly. Because of the mining activity over the years, there is a lot of water (the stripper pits that everyone is talking about). The Ohio River borders the southern edge of the county. There are some roads that run along the river, and certainly some places that one could drive a vehicle off into the water. It is very common for bodies to be found in the river (some accidental, some not). I just get the feeling that neither she, nor her vehicle are in the river, based on the gneral feeling that the second video was her car, and it was travelling NW, and not S.

Having said that, there are still a lot of possibilities. Hundreds of stripper pits that are plenty deep enough to submerge a vehicle in. Dense woods amongst narrow winding roads. Multiple routes out of the area, with easy access to a major interstate. If somebody wanted to, at that time of night, they could have high-tailed it out of town and been in one of 4 or 5 different states by dawn. My gut tells me she is still somewhere close though.

It's not very flat here. There's lots of trees and it is pretty hilly. Because of the mining activity over the years, there is a lot of water (the stripper pits that everyone is talking about). The Ohio River borders the southern edge of the county. There are some roads that run along the river, and certainly some places that one could drive a vehicle off into the water. It is very common for bodies to be found in the river (some accidental, some not). I just get the feeling that neither she, nor her vehicle are in the river, based on the gneral feeling that the second video was her car, and it was travelling NW, and not S.

Having said that, there are still a lot of possibilities. Hundreds of stripper pits that are plenty deep enough to submerge a vehicle in. Dense woods amongst narrow winding roads. Multiple routes out of the area, with easy access to a major interstate. If somebody wanted to, at that time of night, they could have high-tailed it out of town and been in one of 4 or 5 different states by dawn. My gut tells me she is still somewhere close though.

BBM - mine too.

I went to college in Southern Indiana and the terrain is much different from the Norhern portion of the state. It can be quite hilly and rolling. Add in the mining which has been happening for years and the nearness if the Ohio and this really is a difficult area to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties