Indiana State Police
19411 Highway 41 North
Evansville, IN 47725
1-812-867-2079 or 1-800-852-3970

Indiana National Guard
Office of the Adjutant General:
Maj. Gen. R. Martin Umbarger
Phone: 317-247-3559

I imagine one could always call any of these and ask them what the protocol is for their assistance to be requested by a local county or city law enforcement agency....just for their own edification if nothing else.
I have always found the FBI to be very helpful.

Anyone think she could have just left on her own?

I thought that in the beginning but now I'm not so sure. It's certainly possible (for example, she could have sold her car for cash a state or two away) but nothing points to that yet.

Not sure if it's the pics of her sweet kids or the people I know that also know her but I do not think she left on her own unless she intended to come back & can't. JMO

With all these missing person cases I'm reading lately it is making me very sad! There needs to be cameras put everywhere possible! Very upsetting!

I'm 48 yrs old and I called my mom to talk to me while I locked up my office and walked to the car. The parking lot just seemed darker and creepier tonight.

I thought that in the beginning but now I'm not so sure. It's certainly possible (for example, she could have sold her car for cash a state or two away) but nothing points to that yet.

In a missing person's case, wouldn't it be flagged if someone tried to register that vehicle?

I'm 48 yrs old and I called my mom to talk to me while I locked up my office and walked to the car. The parking lot just seemed darker and creepier tonight.

Same. I was one of three vehicles still in the lot at 11 pm. I asked the kid covering the pumpkins to make sure I wasn't kidnapped walking to my Jeep! He thought I was kidding:)

I can't believe it. I woke up twice last night in the middle of dreams about stuff we've discussed on this thread. Good gosh, even my subconscious is trying to work on this. So much for sleep! :bed:

I pray Kristy is found before we get up to Post #1,000 on this thread. But if not, I have no doubt we will move right along to a new thread. Thanks to everyone here, for caring.

In a missing person's case, wouldn't it be flagged if someone tried to register that vehicle?

That's true but it's not unheard of for someone to go awhile without registering a car, especially if they don't have a driver's license. My mom once sold a car for $500 cash and 6 months later, she got a ticket for the car being abandoned on the side of the road in another state. The person who bought it from her never registered the car and when it broke down, they just left it. Luckily she had a bill of sale (receipt) for the transaction so she was able to get the ticket removed. It's a longshot but it's possible that this happened.

Let's say she sold it to a drug dealer (I know, it's far-fetched but stay with me), they would immediately change the car - at least take off the decal and probably put different hubcaps on, maybe even paint the car. The car could go unnoticed even in an area where they are aware of Kristy and her car being missing. Maybe not in the immediate area (Boonville, Evansville, etc) but a little farther away (Louisville, Nashville, Indianapolis), definitely.

This was not something I thought was very likely in the beginning...and can't even say I think it's more likely now, EXCEPT that I am thinking a lot more recently about WHY she was hanging out at the bar that late. And with it being possible (but unknown) that she wasn't as close of a friend to the bartender as I initially assumed, well...it has crossed my mind that she just took off, depending on the factors of the evening and her state of mind. I admit it is still hard for me to imagine that, given that she has kids and would know how that would affect all her family and friends though.

I realize that I'm just not going to get the facts I want about the cellphone business, so setting that aside (although I will say that her "taking off" and the cellphone being purposefully left could be viewed at compatible)...I've just been thinking about why she remained at that bar so late, possibly feeling/being more alone than I have previously thought.

But something hinky happening in the parking lot is where my mind still gravitates toward more than anything right now, based on the tidbits I feel are factual at this point.

I was thinking about the cam pics this morning. I know in previous cases they have sent off the pics to a tech person and gotten them worked on. Hoping they have done this with KK. Maybe the confirmed pic could be enhanced enough to tell if its her or how many people in the car. Also to tell if that was her car in the unconfirmed pic.

With all that we don't really know (which is a lot)....yes. I think it's a possibility. It has crossed my mind more than once although I didn't want to consider that scenario at first. I have a tough time looking at cases without inserting what I would do in the situation. It is not helpful at all but this is how my mind works. However, I have a tough time hearing about cases where people leave their beautiful children behind. I would just never leave my kids so I expect that others wouldn't either. Of course, I lost my mother at a young age so I strive pretty hard to be at 100% for my family. I don't want my children to grow up without me.

Honestly, after being a member here for so long....I am not surprised by anything anymore.

Going along the lines of leaving on her own, Kristy's Facebook page cover image is this quote:
At this age, everything is changing. Day by day we don't notice, but just look back over the past year and you will realize everything has. People you thought that were going to be there forever aren't, and people you never imagined you'd be speaking to are now some of your closest friends. Life makes little sense, and the more we grow the less sense it will make. So make the most of now, before it all changes once again, because in the near future, all of this is only going to be memories.

She just changed it to this on May 27th. Maybe it's a hint that she wasn't happy and wanted to leave?

That's a very sad statement. Sounds more like she was depressed to me.

After her dispute that night with her friend and just hanging there until closing maybe she was thinking about things and said F it. Depression and alcohol arent a good mix. It is a possibility. It just seems odd to me for someone to just hang for hours alone in a bar. jmo

I lost this thread. That's happening a lot to me this week. No news :(

Going along the lines of leaving on her own, Kristy's Facebook page cover image is this quote:

She just changed it to this on May 27th. Maybe it's a hint that she wasn't happy and wanted to leave?

It's possible. However, I'm almost positive I have read that before, from the FB page of someone I know. So I think it may be one of those quotes that is just floating around the internet at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6