IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true but it's not unheard of for someone to go awhile without registering a car, especially if they don't have a driver's license. My mom once sold a car for $500 cash and 6 months later, she got a ticket for the car being abandoned on the side of the road in another state. The person who bought it from her never registered the car and when it broke down, they just left it. Luckily she had a bill of sale (receipt) for the transaction so she was able to get the ticket removed. It's a longshot but it's possible that this happened.
e
Let's say she sold it to a drug dealer (I know, it's far-fetched but stay with me), they would immediately change the car - at least take off the decal and probably put different hubcaps on, maybe even paint the car. The car could go unnoticed even in an area where they are aware of Kristy and her car being missing. Maybe not in the immediate area (Boonville, Evansville, etc) but a little farther away (Louisville, Nashville, Indianapolis), definitely.

I'm not in the US, so can only speculate about how you register or purchase a new vehicle. You can do a lot of things to make a vehicle look different, sure...but you can't change the serial number. That is needed no matter where in the world you are trying to register it.
Would a safety check be required for a 2003 vehicle to be registered?
I know plates are easy to come by, but are you saying someone could drive around without registration and not be at risk of being pulled over by LE? Maybe you are saying only the criminal element would be so bold?

I'm not in the US, so can only speculate about how you register or purchase a new vehicle. You can do a lot of things to make a vehicle look different, sure...but you can't change the serial number. That is needed no matter where in the world you are trying to register it.
Would a safety check be required for a 2003 vehicle to be registered?
I know plates are easy to come by, but are you saying someone could drive around without registration and not be at risk of being pulled over by LE? Maybe you are saying only the criminal element would be so bold?

Yeah, I mean a criminal who wouldn't care if they got pulled over because they're driving without a license anyway. They would just slap a license plate on it (I've seen some really bold people go without them too) and drive anyway.

As far as the other stuff goes, I don't know of any states that require safety checks before a car gets registered. Around here (Southern Indiana), they only care about the mileage and they only care about that if it's under 100K. My newest car was at 125K miles when we got it and they didn't even bother with checking the mileage when we registered it.

It's possible. However, I'm almost positive I have read that before, from the FB page of someone I know. So I think it may be one of those quotes that is just floating around the internet at the moment.

That's true but it could also have special meaning to her. I know a guy who posts depressing song lyrics when he's going through a hard time. Maybe she's doing the same?

Also, most people who like a quote just share it (or post as a status) on Facebook, not make it their cover image. That's more of a bold statement, IMO.

Yeah, I mean a criminal who wouldn't care if they got pulled over because they're driving without a license anyway. They would just slap a license plate on it (I've seen some really bold people go without them too) and drive anyway.

As far as the other stuff goes, I don't know of any states that require safety checks before a car gets registered. Around here (Southern Indiana), they only care about the mileage and they only care about that if it's under 100K. My newest car was at 125K miles when we got it and they didn't even bother with checking the mileage when we registered it.

Goodness, here in Alabama they'll actually walk out with you to check mileage, etc!

certainly has crossed my mind she just flat out left, we have seen it happen before...and no one seems to know, or have estimated, how much fuel she had available...or even determined how far she COULD have traveled if alone. (19.4 gal tank, avg 20 mpg...that could be 300 miles or more away) or if she may have had extra cash on her, or if any personal items/clothing, etc is missing, etc etc

no mention of areas she has ever traveled to in the past, for business, or pleasure

or if she willingly ran off with someone who was prearranged to come by VFW or even SSbar

no one seems to know... or no one is talking...maybe it is past time to, and not worry about any 'repercussions'

Jmo it is difficult to have much of a "secret" life these days, due to computers and phones. If Kristy had one, I imagine LE knows the what and who by now.

But whatever they found or didn't find...doesn't seem to be of much use in locating her. I really can't believe her phone did not provide any clues. If it is true that there was nothing of interest on her phone, it seems that an accident or a random perp are the main possibilities, Imo.

Jmo it is difficult to have much of a "secret" life these days, due to computers and phones. If Kristy had one, I imagine LE knows the what and who by now.

But whatever they found or didn't find...doesn't seem to be of much use in locating her. I really can't believe her phone did not provide any clues. If it is true that there was nothing of interest on her phone, it seems that an accident or a random perp are the main possibilities, Imo.

I wouldn't be so sure. What if she was communicating through an app like Snapchat? She could have deleted all the incoming messages and I don't think you can access the outgoing ones, at least not without some work. This is a small town police department handling the case and I doubt that they have someone on the force that is familiar enough with technology to crack into her deleted messages and such. Not that I think they're incapable of it, just that I don't think they have someone who can do it because they've never needed it before. But that's just my opinion, of course.

I read several of her close friends used snapchat with her. the girl who took the last photos said she never read the last one she sent to her.

never heard of it til now so I googled it--SnapChat is an application for iPhones, iPads and Android devices that allows subscribers to send photos to other subscribers. However, unlike sending photos or text messages in other ways, SnapChat allows users to set a 1 second to 10 second expiration of the photo. So, users can send time limited photos that might be embarrassing or just silly without a significant fear that it will find its way to other social media sites where it might live forever.

There are several apps out there now that make life miserable for LE. Depends if she wanted the stuff to stay private or not. She was definitely a user of snapchat.

Goodness, here in Alabama they'll actually walk out with you to check mileage, etc!

Here, we need an emissions test and a safety check before registration for vehicles older than 2007. Very few pass without a lot of work being completed...I needed new back brakes installed when I moved from another Province.

Call me crazy and I dont have an explanation for it but something weird is going on. Not only is the HFKK FB page being closely monitored and posts deleted but it is happening elsewhere also. I posted to a local forum yesterday only the info from the flyer with the number of LE to call and today that thread has been deleted. Strange that didnt stay on there.

Thats not good for my overactive mind. Its been going to someone from a prominent family involved and cover up. jmo

There are several apps out there now that make life miserable for LE. Depends if she wanted the stuff to stay private or not. She was definitely a user of snapchat.

There are apps now that will recover photos sent via Snapchat, which sent Snapchat users into an uproar several months ago. I'm sure LE is aware of them (I would hope).

There are, but not everyone has that kind of knowledge and there are also several other apps out there that quite effectively delete messages, photos, etc.

Thats not good for my overactive mind. Its been going to someone from a prominent family involved and cover up. jmo

That's a thought. Might explain some things and the way they are being handled. It won't be the first time.

Maybe not so prominent after all. Just talked to someone that now has me more convinced KK went back for her phone and something happened then. Basing this off local rumors though.I absolutely believe LE know alot more than they are telling. We have got to find that car.

Call me crazy and I dont have an explanation for it but something weird is going on. Not only is the HFKK FB page being closely monitored and posts deleted but it is happening elsewhere also. I posted to a local forum yesterday only the info from the flyer with the number of LE to call and today that thread has been deleted. Strange that didnt stay on there.

Say what?? Seriously? I am not sure my brain can absorb all this.

I may have to get a new avatar, of Winnie the Pooh with stuffing coming out of his ears...and nobody wants to see that.

Maybe not so prominent after all. Just talked to someone that now has me more convinced KK went back for her phone and something happened then. Basing this off local rumors though.I absolutely believe LE know alot more than they are telling. We have got to find that car.

prominent huh...hmmm

Say what?? Seriously? I am not sure my brain can absorb all this.

I may have to get a new avatar, of Winnie the Pooh with stuffing coming out of his ears...and nobody wants to see that.

I posted last week sometime that this case gave me a weird feeling. Just not enough chatter out there to put two & two together. Somethings gotta break soon. Where is Kristy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste