IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious about these stripper pits..lol. I keep imagining a quick sand type of thing.. which would be difficult to escape from had she accidentally ended up in one.. I agree that if it was foul play, it was someone very close to her.. As a mom of two very small boys (2 years; 8 months) I can't picture her leaving on her own free will.. jmo

Love Kills

I'm curious about these stripper pits..lol. I keep imagining a quick sand type of thing.. which would be difficult to escape from had she accidentally ended up in one.. I agree that if it was foul play, it was someone very close to her.. As a mom of two very small boys (2 years; 8 months) I can't picture her leaving on her own free will.. jmo

Love Kills
There are a few pictures of a strip pit at this link. I believe the pit in this article is located about ten miles south of Boonville. Maybe a local can confirm that for us. http://www.courierpress.com/news/local-news/nearly-disposed

20070828-231838-pic-861876285_6260310_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

More here.

http://www.bigindianabass.com/big_indiana_bass/this-place-is-the-pits.html

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4226.htm

If she went back to get her phone who would have still been there?
cleaning man?

Love Kills

With all due respect Jennifer Huston left behind her two small children, very recently.

The best outcome would be if she just decided to run away but I dont think she did. I know a lady that was always smiling and not one person knew anything was wrong until she shot herself.

I'm completely new to stripper pits. Where does the water come from? To me it looks like a man-made lake or pond. How deep are they usually? Deep enough for a car to be completely submerged??

I'm completely new to stripper pits. Where does the water come from? To me it looks like a man-made lake or pond. How deep are they usually? Deep enough for a car to be completely submerged??

Surface mining for coal. yes very deep. can be 100 ft deep. You wouldnt be able to see a semi.

Does anyone know if there was a map posted in the previous thread? I scanned pretty thoroughly but didn't see a link. If no one's done a case map yet, I'll work on one tomorrow.

Glancing at a map I did see a body of water which I presume is a large strip pit, but I didn't zoom all the way in. I'd like to walk around google earth to follow her most probable route, and see if it would have brought her near one of those pits.

My husband was a heavy equipment operater so I have seen the work in progress . I cant find a google image to do it justice to show you what they look like before their reclaimed.

Bessie there was a couple of docs with country roads not too far from the end of the thread.

Do you all think the Perp (someone she knows) is a RSO? Really curious if any have been questioned.

I searched the RSO registry using the VFW address and there are 5 just in a small area close to there. I would assume that LE has looked at all the ones in town.

I think she was taken by someone that's done this before. From what I understand, this area has very little crime.

You don't have to follow True Crime that long to realize that that in homicides, the effort the perp makes to conceal the body corresponds very strongly with how close the perp was to the victim. There are definite advantages in having "no body", particularly for someone with an obvious motive but I think there is also a psychological factor. Something about "denial" that the murder actually happened. I just can't see a situation where a stranger would have abducted Kristy (at the VFW or near the SS) and took her deep into the woods on private property, dispose of the vehicle and the body and for the perp to WALK back to his car or home. It would be extremely unusual. Yes, there might have been two of them with a second car, but that would also be extremely unusual.

A stranger sexually motivated abduction usually involved a point of abduction that is where ever it is available. The perp will then take the victim to aIt may also be a spot that can be linked to the perp. second crime scene where he feels save. This is where the sex crime and murder will occur and where or he is most likely to leave forensic evidence. It may also be a spot that can be linked to the perp. leave it in plain view. The perp will then dispose of the body in a third crime scene that he has no ties to. He may make some effort to conceal the body but the primary consideration is getting away from there with out leaving any forensic evidence.

I'm not ready to rule out an accident but it would likely involve Kristy driving beyond anywhere she would be expected to go. There have been other case where a woman takes off without letting anyone know. This is certainly a possibility

Law Enforcement must now seriously consider everyone Kristy knew well enough to let them in her car who might have had a motive to do her in.

I agree, I think the cell phone should help rule out anyone she knew by system or elimination. Assuming they know how to forensically examine the internal drive of a smart phone, I would be looking at deleted conversations and communications throughout different apps. I agree, they should know every little thing about her by now and whether or not there was anything that looks troubling or suspicious. I would also assume they downloaded her facebook history to see any deleted messages that would still be in the data system. If she had an iphone, I would be searching the home pc for a backup file if she had icloud turned off.

I was driving down HWY 61 looking around and noticed some water just as you come into town and thought about how I never noticed it before and how it could be a bad place to run off the road. Probably lots of places like this that never get noticed in the daily rush of things.... I doubt it is very deep but maybe about the depth of a lake. I'm not feeling like it was an accident, but honestly it can't be ruled out until other evidence points to foul play, although for all I know, they may have a person of interest in mind.

One of them is the husband of her coworker...

Are these the people she was out with that night?

I'm not feeling accident. JMO. The "small dispute" with the friends she was with keeps nagging at me. Is it known if her friends were going to SS as well? Were they all going to drive seperately? Of she was supposed to hang out with bartender, did bartender try to call her?

The cellphone. It's possible someone took her cellphone when she wasn't looking. Far fetched, I know, but perhaps there are some in her group that she trusted too much. Hard to know without release of any real information.

I think she was taken by someone that's done this before. From what I understand, this area has very little crime.

I don't feel that is the case...just that the person (assuming there is a perp) is known to her and maybe to LE for other crimes.

Kristy was a Scales. I am in a neighboring county so someone from Boonville would answer the other questions better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7