IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a 16 year old girl has gone missing today in Evansville. Joshlyn Conley.

I don't think they've issued an amber alert yet. Don't know many details other than she was walking to school this morning and never showed up.

I don't think I can, because it is sooo specific! And it is one of those things where it is a total HIT or MISS...and I could really screw things up with conjecture. Can't you all just READ MY MIND????:what:

I would love to hear your theory!

We all are frustrated. Since the sheriff refuses to call in professional unbiased help from the FBI and the manpower of the military reserves, I am afraid this case is already cold. As these cases sadly go, the number of people searching will dwindle; it is already down from thousands, to less than one hundred this past weekend, and it will then be a file on a detective's desk, since newer crimes will come up.

Pray for our community. Pray for Kristy and for her children and parents. And pray that Sheriff Kruse does the right thing so Kristy's family can tell her children that everything possible had been done to find their mommy.

Just pray...

Other locals have said the FBI has been involved?

Can you send me the link to that information? If they say they are "local" and the FBI is here, I am afraid they are not "local."

Sheriff Kruse has stated on national television that he has three detectives on the case, and the Boonville Police Chief has two detectives on the case. No report, whatsoever, of the FBI being here. If someone is claiming they are local, and that the FBI is here, they are either not really a local person, or they are assuming. I would ask them to post a link to that information. Otherwise it is either wishful thinking, or a rumor. If the FBI were here, we would be THRILLED! People would show up in masses by being re-energized with knowing that. I'll wait to see a link.

The Ohio River is huge and very deep. Military reserves, under the experienced expertise of FBI analysts, can determine at what two points to search it, better than a few fishermen with fish sonar. God bless them, as many fishermen did search this past weekend. They deserve help in searching all bodies of water, as they can't do it alone.

Warrick...what are the locals saying they think has happened? What is the word on the street, at the barber/beautyshops, diners, church, groups, etc? Without obviously naming names, are they worried about any specific person(s) being involved? Do they feel that LE is ignoring any info, even rumor , for any particular reasons? Can you share any kind of generic take on the situation there in Boonville and the immediate surroundings? Thank you.

Sheriff Kruse has stated on national television that he has three detectives on the case, and the Boonville Police Chief has two detectives on the case. No report, whatsoever, of the FBI being here. If someone is claiming they are local, and that the FBI is here, they are either not really a local person, or they are assuming. I would ask them to post a link to that information. Otherwise it is either wishful thinking, or a rumor. If the FBI were here, we would be THRILLED! People would show up in masses by being re-energized with knowing that. I'll wait to see a link.

I'm friends with the family, and they have stated that several weeks ago the FBI was minimally involved, and had at least one person in town at one point. I can't imagine the family was assuming. This was also stated on Facebook on the second week she was missing, by the family. I'm not going to go dig around to locate the specific post, but I can confirm I read it, and heard it from family.

As previously stated, because there is no evidence of foul play, other than our gut feeling that she wouldn't run off, it's difficult for either the military or the FBI to roll in with a bunch of resources. Approximately 2300 people go missing EACH DAY in this country. The FBI simply cannot send the big guns in for every single case. They are going to focus on the cases where there is clear evidence of a kidnapping or foul play. I know we all think Kristy has been abducted, but there simply is no evidence to support that currently, other than what we know of her character (which may not be nearly as much as we think we do).

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you may be missing some things (like KlaasKIDS, etc) because you don't live in Boonville and might not have been actively searching in the parties every weekend and have contact with the search groups and family (That's just an assumption based on your comment about calling to ask how you could help and they told you to put out flyers). I agree with you that this case has gone cold, and I fear we won't know what has happened to Kristy for a very long time, if ever. I do not think the parents or LE are dropping the ball in any way on this case. I think they are doing everything they can.

"Warrick...what are the locals saying they think has happened? What is the word on the street, at the barber/beautyshops, diners, church, groups, etc? Without obviously naming names, are they worried about any specific person(s) being involved? Do they feel that LE is ignoring any info, even rumor , for any particular reasons? Can you share any kind of generic take on the situation there in Boonville and the immediate surroundings? Thank you."

I can, at least from the people I've talked to.

The general thought is that she's not with us anymore, and that she was taken by someone she knows. That she and her car are either in a lake in the immediate area (stripper pit) or perhaps on private property like someone previously mentioned. I've heard many comments that a hunter will probably find something this Fall after the vegetation dies back.

Look at the Holly Bobo case that just was reported on. They searched for that girl in the exact area her remains were just found, and they searched extensively. They missed it, maybe because she was buried and they didn't see the grave. It's just too difficult in this terrain to cover every inch of ground. There are too many weed choked fields, too many thick, dense woods, too many deep bodies of water and too many tree covered private properties. It would be so easy to just walk past evidence in the woods around here.

Everyone is HOPING this isn't the case, but this seems to be the most talked about scenario that I've heard from residents in Boonville/Lynnville/Newburgh.

Mine is just one perspective. I'm sure others in the area have heard other ideas/rumors as well. Obviously I've heard all sorts of rumors with specifics, but they are so variable and at odds with each other, they probably don't have much merit.

Thank you Azureine for your insight. I am curious about your take on the searching. Do you feel the effort in searching is focused on finding the vehicle, or, a...please forgive me...body/remains...an effort for both together, or separately? Are areas being looked at with both in mind....in hopes that nothing is overlooked? .......Or with the utmost of hope and faith, a live Kristy?

I hope the tip line brings in some info. The argument that night is being discussed (a small one emphasized) on the FK page. It appears her dad hadnt heard about it?

has anyone been tracking scrap yards/auto yards/used tires in Warrick, Vanderburgh, Posey, Spencer...surrounding counties....for the types of parts & pieces they might be buying? Thinking the vehicle might be slowly being scraped? Assuming it was hidden, not abandoned or sank....

i know, sorry I do a lot of off the wall thinking

Thank you Azureine for your insight. I am curious about your take on the searching. Do you feel the effort in searching is focused on finding the vehicle, or, a...please forgive me...body/remains...an effort for both together, or separately? Are areas being looked at with both in mind....in hopes that nothing is overlooked? .......Or with the utmost of hope and faith, a live Kristy?

This is totally my perspective, so take it with a grain of salt. I think initially they were looking very much for a vehicle. They were very convinced it was a car accident. We were told to look for tire tracks, disturbed vegetation, and anywhere a car could go off the road.

It seems to have shifted a bit towards looking for both. Last week they were on foot with dogs at Scales Lake back in the woods. You can't drive a car back in the area where they were at.. it's a hot mess on the hiking trails due to the bad storms we had in May with 50 foot giant trees laying all over. Scales hasn't bothered to clear any of downed trees and brush out and the trails are not at all well maintained. You can barely walk back there, not to mention drive back there. It would be a very good place to hide something you didn't want found.

But, they also were on the water with sonar looking for a vehicle. So, I think the efforts now are split between looking for both types of evidence.

If you are out there searching, it becomes so completely mind boggling to think of the amount and type of land and water that should be covered. And then, you start thinking, what if she isn't even anywhere near Indiana and we're all just wandering around looking for a car and a girl that could be as far as Mexico at this point? Without any indication of where to look, or what happened at all, it overwhelms. If I feel that way, I can't possibly imagine how her parents feel.

I think everyone is fully aware that if there is a person involved, they could just wander into Studio B and mark the map that they've searched the area where they've hidden evidence. Or, they could come in frequently and based on what has been searched or not, move evidence. Or, they could just be hiding something on private property. Honestly, someone could theoretically put a car in their garage right in the middle of town, with evidence, and nobody would know it. You can't search people's garage's and houses without a warrant and probable cause. The only thing they have done is walked cadaver dogs through town several times, but she or her car could be hidden in plain sight. Or, it could be in a lake. Or Mexico. It's so crazy and frustrating!

Apparently a 16 year old girl has gone missing today in Evansville. Joshlyn Conley.

I don't think they've issued an amber alert yet. Don't know many details other than she was walking to school this morning and never showed up.

According to the Evansville Watch Facebook page, she has been found safe and sound.

has anyone been tracking scrap yards/auto yards/used tires in Warrick, Vanderburgh, Posey, Spencer...surrounding counties....for the types of parts & pieces they might be buying? Thinking the vehicle might be slowly being scraped? Assuming it was hidden, not abandoned or sank....

i know, sorry I do a lot of off the wall thinking

Those are good ideas. I know that scrap yards were discussed very early on and I saw some people say they searched ones around Warrick County and Vanderburgh County. Don't know about Posey and Spencer.

Jmo but the FBI does not have a magic wand. They usually offer support services in these cases, as they have better access to computer and phone data, may be able to obtain warrants quicker, have better computer analysts, etc...and if they have suspects, they may have more experienced interviewers. But it is not like they come into a strange missing persons case with very little evidence, and just solve it.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member