IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt very much she will be found safe and well. At this point, it is either an abduction or she was trapped in her vehicle. But as to whether she will found...who knows? Lauren S. has not been found, Kortne S. has not been found, just to name a few young women from here at WS. It does not mean the police did not and are not trying their best. Jmo

Azureine is a local. She states everything is being done that can be done. I agree now, and look forward to the sheriff's department and the Boonville police solving this case soon with Kristy found safe. :eek:)

sure wish some of the guests would join , especially if they are local, & maybe carefully shed some light on this case

That's great! Then it will definitely be solved. :eek:)

Ok, maybe it's in the text only, but really feeling like there is a lot of sarcasm. If there isn't then please ignore the rest of this. If there is, is there something glaring that the rest of us are missing? Some sort of police cover up? Someone in LE that may have harmed her? Something of that sort? And if it is something like this, then please, please call the FBI hotline and report it to them. As I see it, and as several others local that have been searching see it, it seems like a pretty typical case and effort are being made, but if we are in the dark, then please, call someone who can do something about it!

You are right. No need for the FBI resources. I understand that now. The locals have what they need to solve this.

I don't think anyone is against the FBI coming in. But some of us are bothered by the way you keep insinuating that the family is not doing all they can do, and that they may somehow be misleading the public. And we also realize that the FBI may not be able to solve the case any better or more quickly than the 5 detectives can.

No sarcasm at all. Azureine made me understand the locals have all they need to solve this. I overreacted on thinking about bringing in all resources possible. But she is closer to the situation than the rest of us in Newburgh are, so, I trust her insight better than ours. It's all good!

Ok, maybe it's in the text only, but really feeling like there is a lot of sarcasm. If there isn't then please ignore the rest of this. If there is, is there something glaring that the rest of us are missing? Some sort of police cover up? Someone in LE that may have harmed her? Something of that sort? And if it is something like this, then please, please call the FBI hotline and report it to them. As I see it, and as several others local that have been searching see it, it seems like a pretty typical case and effort are being made, but if we are in the dark, then please, call someone who can do something about it!

Oh, I stated many times they have done their best; and more. They have worked their hearts out; so have the volunteers. I am a computer engineer, and my company seeks out opinions from other professionals in the same profession. It is pretty incredible the great things that happen when collaboration is utilized. Our local law enforcement is the best there is! I am now confident that what they are doing is all that can be done in this case.

I doubt very much she will be found safe and well. At this point, it is either an abduction or she was trapped in her vehicle. But as to whether she will found...who knows? Lauren S. has not been found, Kortne S. has not been found, just to name a few young women from here at WS. It does not mean the police did not and are not trying their best. Jmo

I am glad I came to this site. I had no idea there were 8 people on this case. I also had no idea that was a huge number. I understand things better. They are doing all that can be done that is humanly possible for this girl. That is all we were wanting. But it seems what we want is being done. All good.

I know how badly everyone wants to find Kristy and like most every other case, LE is brought into question. Are they doing enough? Why aren't the doing more? On and on.

I've worked a lot of cases. I've worked a lot of cases where the FBI was called in, and I can say that generally speaking it's not what you think and it's NOTHING like what you see on t.v.. Most of the time when FBI is asked to help, they help remotely, with research, evidence, data, etc and you never even see them. If they are there, most people won't even have a clue, they come in quietly, dress in normal clothes and do their jobs, they do not want to distract from the case and task at hand. Only VERY rarely do they come in force and you see this huge presence, this is almost exclusively when CARD is brought in for a stranger child abduction (and those cases really don't happen all that often). They too are spread thin and working in a million different directions.

Personally, I've never worked a missing person (outside of disasters) case where any form of military was brought in. There are specific laws that restrict their use and it's not that easy to get them involved.

8 Detectives working the case (a missing adult with no evidence of foul play, at least this point) is a HUGE number, and the fact that they are using multiple agencies says that they have asked for external help.

As I've seen it, they have no information that is credible to give anyone really good areas to search, and neither local, state or federal have the manpower or the money to be doing more than they have without more information.

Oh, I was mistaken by saying the military reserves. I was only going off of what Sheriff Kruse stated:

Boonville woman still missing - Tri-State Media
http://www.tristate-media.com/.../ar...4-9a0d-0019bb2...
Aug 19, 2014 - 15, Kristy Kelley was at the VFW in Boonville. ... Warrick County Sheriff Brett Kruse said that Kelley's phone was left behind at the VFW. ... If we had a concentrated area we needed to search, we'd consider calling the National Guard.

I am glad I came to this site. I had no idea there were 8 people on this case. I also had no idea that was a huge number. I understand things better. They are doing all that can be done that is humanly possible for this girl. That is all we were wanting. But it seems what we want is being done. All good.

I don't see what is so bad about pigs crossing the road and fox and coyotes running around. :) Country life has its good points, too. I used to do research at the Warrick Co Courthouse and most of the employees there were very nice. (Spencer County had the meanest, nastiest employees...anyway...). And Newburgh is nice, but seems to have a bit of a snobby vibe to it. JMO as a nearby outsider.

(But yeah, I never really got the love for camo. Unless you're actually hunting or are in the military, it seems unnecessary).

Oh, I don't really mind it. I make fun and sometimes the stereotypes are a little too accurate, but it beats living in a crowded, noisy stinky city IMO. :) I'm not originally from this area, and moved from a large city (ie: culture shock), so what might seem normal for others occasionally blows my hat in the creek. It is very pretty down here, and the cost of living can't be beat. I have a lovely home and property, and we're close to family, so I'll take the piglets and the ATVs and the camo. It's nice to know that if anyone in my family went missing, the town would likely rally to try to find them. That probably wouldn't happen in the city I moved from.

Has there been any mention as to if KK's computer/lap top (if she has one) has been looked at by LE?

I am going to think that KK's phone is a smart phone....it has to hold some insight.

For those of you with FB, did anyone see anything out of ordinary on her FB page? Did she post pictures of her nights out? When was her last post?

TIA

I keep hoping for more information...

If they didn't KNOW Kristy, why would they leave her alone sitting in the bar area? Why wouldn't they say that they're closing now?
It sounds as if Kristy and the bartender weren't friends after all. With this much confusion over simple things, something is wrong imo.

I agree something is off about the VFW story.

The National Guard could mobilize and search in conjunction with the local people who want to search. But, I have now agreed with Azureine, the local police can do this. They have all they need to solve this case, and Kristy will be found safe and well.

Well.. I never said the local police would solve it. I just think they are doing everything they can at this point, but it might not be enough. I hope they do solve it, but I'm a little concerned that this is going to become a cold case that drags on for years. And I think that would be the case even if the National Guard or the FBI were brought in (just a gut feeling.. an opinion).

The FBI and US marshals and State Police have been working on Megan Nichols case actively for months and they haven't got anywhere with it. Sometimes, there is just nothing to go on. :( Sorry to be a Debbie Downer tonight, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the whole thing.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer tonight, but I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree seems like when girls disappear it takes years to find them if at all (Holly Bobo). It's so sad that so many women disappear without a trace. I know I've moved quite a few times in the last few years and the bill collectors always find me.

Jmo it is a really big job to find a missing person, hate to say it, but if they are looking for a body, even more difficult. In this case, it should be easier if she is with her vehicle so it is more baffling that her car has not been spotted. I just struggle with a perp wanting to deal with a vehicle, other than to dump it as soon as possible, that is why I still think an accident is possible.

Jmo it is a really big job to find a missing person, hate to say it, but if they are looking for a body, even more difficult. In this case, it should be easier if she is with her vehicle so it is more baffling that her car has not been spotted. I just struggle with a perp wanting to deal with a vehicle, other than to dump it as soon as possible, that is why I still think an accident is possible.

I had a friend who had an accident, her car went off the road and she was hidden in the trees, it took about 4 days to find her. Seems she had been drinking and was on the wrong road, in a very familiar area to her. No one really knew where to look.

Have they used drones? Like, real drones? Not those stupid remote control helos. They are using drones in another case for a girl in TX and it makes even more sense to use them here since they are looking for a vehicle too. JMO.

So.. Again my personal opinion, but Boonville isn't even close to idyllic. The people in general are very nice, and the crime rate is relatively low. Mostly we have thefts out if people's cars and garages but not a lot of major crimes. The population is about 7000.

This town is, however, a bit dumpy and a bit backwards. There is a lot of poverty, a lot of meth, and a lot of typical "Duck Dynasty Style" redneck behavior that goes on. They don't call it BoonVegas for no reason. Everyone in Lynnville, Newburgh and Evansville makes fun of it. The only town worse in the area is Chandler.

I live here, and there ARE some nicer areas out of city limits but seriously, if you are in town you might have to stop your car on Main street to let a piglet cross the road. You'll find the neighbors free ranging chickens on your porch. Today the guy at the local grocery thought I was crazy when I asked for "Au Jus Sauce"... And then he suddenly got a happy look and said, "You mean Awww Just Sauce!" Yeah. That. Typical. ;) You should check out the FB page Boonville Watch. It's a satire about Boonville and is hilarious. It's so funny because it's partly accurate.

Now, I'm not saying everyone is backwards here.. I'm just being honest. It's not like some cool artsy fartsy small hip town like Newburgh. It's country, ya'll!

Oh this made me laugh in the middle of reading all of these very serious and though provoking posts (that's not sarcasm either, I mean it, a lot of good points have been brought up). As a BHS graduate and Boonville native, I remember kids driving tractors to school, some of the characters from the small grocery stores like Baums and Poseys and the general red-neckness of it all. Thanks for the accurate description lol

They need to go back and search again late fall. Deer season will be coming up too. If she had an accident there wont be any tips. Someone will most likely find the car late fall.

The issue I have with saying that Kristy didn't pass by the TF until twenty minutes after she was last seen is that I don't think we know that "around 1:30" was when she was last seen. I mean....I know that we were told that but who knows what that means exactly? Was she last seen about 1:30 before the bartender and manager went in the back and did deposit slips? If so...they could have been in the back for 15 minutes? It just seems like we don't have a solid timeline to say that it took her 20 minutes from the time she left the VFW to when she was seen on surveillance because no one really knows when she left. We know that she was seen on surveillance at a certain time and that 20 minutes after that....she may have possibly been seen again. But that's it. I don't know where we are getting the last seen time from and questioning why it took twenty minutes to be seen on surveillance. From what I have seen all along, no one saw her leave and it's not clear WHEN she left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties