IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's perplexing to me that she didn't have her phone and was driving the opposite direction of home. If she had her phone, I can see her texting someone in that area to say she would be stopping by etc., but if she had contacted someone in that area earlier in the evening, LE would have known about it. This is a very sad ending, and it sounds like either an accident or a suicide.

The water west of that intersection does look like you could drive into it if you missed the stop sign, as someone posted above.
Now that I'm looking, I recall that lake and it is by a home there. Pretty sure you could. May have to drive by it tomorrow.

If she was headed south, pretty sure there is not a stop sign so she either turned left on Mt. Gilead, swerved off of road (avoid deer?) or fell asleep.

Have not stopped thinking about her phone.

Now that I'm looking, I recall that lake and it is by a home there. Pretty sure you could. May have to drive by it tomorrow.

Snoopy, or any other locals, is there anything in that direction that she could have been headed to (besides a residence)? It appears very rural and residential.

Excellent research - thanks. You're doing great work tonight, by the way!

Thank you! I am just trying to keep myself busy. I thought I was prepared for this outcome....apparently, I wasn't. :( Very sad night I think. But, the alternative of not knowing is worse I guess.

If she was headed south, pretty sure there is not a stop sign so she either turned left on Mt. Gilead, swerved off of road (avoid deer?) or fell asleep.

I'm thinking she was on Mt. Gilead and blew past the stop sign.

Thank you! I am just trying to keep myself busy. I thought I was prepared for this outcome....apparently, I wasn't. :( Very sad night I think. But, the alternative of not knowing is worse I guess.

I know what you mean. She's been missing for just over one month, but the news tonight seems abrupt. I'm sad about the outcome too.

Knowing that she was heading out of town makes the whole phone ordeal even more mysterious. Why didnt she go back for it? And why wasnt there any calls on there to anyone in that area she may have been headed to see?

That very well could be but there is really nothing out there except some homes & they are spread out. IMO it would be very odd to come out of Boonville that back way & then head east on Mt. Gilead, but of course it is very possible. Do not have my head wrapped around any of it yet. Very very sad!

OT- I walked into my house, my hubby said, they found her car & my heart sank. He didn't even tell me she was inside at that point. Glad her family can have closure but was so hoping for a better outcome!

It seems like w/that vegetation, someone would have noticed an SUV had driven through it. Especially once they knew she was missing!

Oh gosh, and if she fell asleep there may not have been skid marks.....

She must have been driving very fast to go over that grass area and through the bushes without slowing to a stop.

I totally agree. So did she fall asleep or what? Was she conscience when she hit the water? Sorry but my mind is spinning!

Snoopy, or any other locals, is there anything in that direction that she could have been headed to (besides a residence)? It appears very rural and residential.

If you head left out of vfw, and go south, that turns into PELZER road. PELZER meets mt Gilead at a four way stop. You can only turn right on it. Yankeetown would have taken her back into town if you head north on it. (Right turn off Gilead). Unsure why she would have been going that way. Maybe she was looking to see if a friend was home that lives that way. (Complete guess). Hopefully the directional placement of vehicle will give clues as to which way she or whomever was driving. If she have someone a ride home, unless foul play- they would have (I assume) came forward. I'm baffled. But no- nothing that way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back