IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you head left out of vfw, and go south, that turns into PELZER road. PELZER meets mt Gilead at a four way stop. You can only turn right on it. Yankeetown would have taken her back into town if you head north on it. (Right turn off Gilead). Unsure why she would have been going that way. Maybe she was looking to see if a friend was home that lives that way. (Complete guess). Hopefully the directional placement of vehicle will give clues as to which way she or whomever was driving. If she have someone a ride home, unless foul play- they would have (I assume) came forward. I'm baffled. But no- nothing that way.

Of course camera appears she headed out of town other direction. You can go south on eighth st and T into mt Gilead. 8th street at light just west of first camera view. My directions get confused. Anyhow, 8th street first light after passing first camera.

I didn't even think of suicide...but what if she left her phone on purpose? So she wouldn't be tempted to call someone? I hope not...

So was she coming down Gilead and instead of turning on Yankeetown Road just went straight across it into the bushes and lake? Do I have this map right?

If you head left out of vfw, and go south, that turns into PELZER road. PELZER meets mt Gilead at a four way stop. You can only turn right on it. Yankeetown would have taken her back into town if you head north on it. (Right turn off Gilead). Unsure why she would have been going that way. Maybe she was looking to see if a friend was home that lives that way. (Complete guess). Hopefully the directional placement of vehicle will give clues as to which way she or whomever was driving. If she have someone a ride home, unless foul play- they would have (I assume) came forward. I'm baffled. But no- nothing that way.

Pure speculation: Perhaps she returned to the VFW to retrieve her phone, but the place was locked up. Wasn't she going fast on the second video? Perhaps she's racing to get back before the employees left the place. Finding the VFW closed, she races to the bartender's house to ask to get the phone because she wants it before she has to go to work early in the morning. It would explain why she was, apparently, driving fast enough to get into that water.

Lots of holes in my speculation...just trying to figure out what Kristy was doing so late heading out of town.

JMO.

Of course camera appears she headed out of town other direction. You can I south on eighth st and T into mt Gilead. 8th street at light just east of first camera view. Turn left.

I remember early on the Find page, there was a mention that she was possibly headed to a location on Gemlich Rd, which is SE of the intersection of Pelzer and Mt. Gilead. If I remember right, somebody overheard her mention Gemlich Rd. That Could possibly explain how she ended up there, although I would think the more direct way back home from there would be up Owensboro Rd. I guess it's possible that she stayed with somebody, then was headed straight to work.

I didn't even think of suicide...but what if she left her phone on purpose? So she wouldn't be tempted to call someone? I hope not...

I wondered if she was depressed that night? I cant figure out why she spent hours alone in a bar until closing time.

So was she coming down Gilead and instead of turning on Yankeetown Road just went straight across it into the bushes and lake? Do I have this map right?

That is what makes the most sense to me. I hope some info is released tomorrow.

I remember early on the Find page, there was a mention that she was possibly headed to a location on Gemlich Rd, which is SE of the intersection of Pelzer and Mt. Gilead. If I remember right, somebody overheard her mention Gemlich Rd.

I remember hearing this as well. I have also heard that she had a friend that lived off of Gemlich Road so this is exactly what I am thinking happened. I had forgotten where I first heard Gemlich until you posted.

Since she was drinking maybe she took a different way to avoid police? Haven't wrapped my head around the map yet so this may make no sense.

Knowing that she was heading out of town makes the whole phone ordeal even more mysterious. Why didnt she go back for it? And why wasnt there any calls on there to anyone in that area she may have been headed to see?

Early on it was stated by a friend that she tried to call someone on Gemlich. That is off PELZER. (Am I breaking a rule). Sorry if so. ;-(

Still, do you go to someone's house @ 1:30-2am unannounced? Maybe if she could not get to her phone...

I remember early on the Find page, there was a mention that she was possibly headed to a location on Gemlich Rd, which is SE of the intersection of Pelzer and Mt. Gilead. If I remember right, somebody overheard her mention Gemlich Rd. That Could possibly explain how she ended up there, although I would think the more direct way back home from there would be up Owensboro Rd. I guess it's possible that she stayed with somebody, then was headed straight to work.

If that is where she was headed, it looks like she was intoxicated or overly tired when driving. The drivings past the TF and then missing turns to get to Gemlich, which is a place I'm assuming she is familiar with as a local.

At least Gemlich makes some sense if it was overheard and is somewhere near where she was found.

Seeing the map it seems less likely that foul play was involved.

I was keeping my mouth shut until I heard more information from LE but I think I can't help but agree with you. I think we are going to get more details now that we will wish we had in the very beginning....before any of us suggested foul play.

The bartender had stated she only had a couple of beers. If that is true that shouldn't have been enough to be that intoxicated.

Still, do you go to someone's house @ 1:30-2am unannounced? Maybe if she could not get to her phone...

Depends on who that "someone" was. I could go to a best friend, boyfriend or close friend's house unannounced. Someone I didn't know well...I just wouldn't show up without calling. KWIM?

The first few days I thought it was an accident but when there was such a massive search early on I started suspecting foul play. I always thought her car would be found in water but more so when I started thinking foul play.I guess I was thinking more about being in a corn field if it were an accident.

If that is where she was headed, it looks like she was intoxicated or overly tired when driving. The drivings past the TF and then missing turns to get to Gemlich, which is a place I'm assuming she is familiar with as a local.

At least Gemlich makes some sense if it was overheard and is somewhere near where she was found.

Seems like if they knew she had called this person they would have focused on that area earlier. Maybe they did...I hope we get a few of the gaps filled in.

If it was an accident, her seatbelt might be off as to trying to exit vehicle after hitting water or she could have hit her head from impact. Geez- this is really bothering me. I can't imagine all the things that must be running through her parents minds.

Oh, nooo... I'm so sorry for Kristy's loved ones.

We'll wait for the official word after the autopsy to change the thread title. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back