IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a closer look. Does this help?:

View attachment 59056

Thanks, texasgirl2. The water does look close to the road. I wonder if skid marks on the road would still be there? I'm thinking they would?

There is closure that she's found....but unanswered questions remain.

ETA: Oops...just saw your post with the updated location.

I AM relieved she seems to have been found.
Also hoping it was an accident, I guess.
And often times, when not an accident, the victim might never be found. If not for her car, she may not have been.
But maybe she did have another destination in mind? I can't get a grip on where she was found from the VFW and compared to her house.

I am not finding an "Old Yankeetown Highway" on Google maps. Is the map we are looking at incorrect or is Yankeetown Road the same thing? Just trying to figure out the route.

what bittersweet news:( rip Kristyn Scales Kelley

your map is the right area
Anyone know which lake yet??

Hmm..Are the deer pretty plentiful out that way?

Would ME be able to determine blood-alcohol level after so much time after death?

Yankeetown Road is what you want to look for. I think old Yankeetown highway is now 66.

I just heard the sad news. I feared she was underwater, especially when her car wasn't found. I hope the family finds out what happened and how she ended up where she did.

i am not finding an "old yankeetown highway" on google maps. Is the map we are looking at incorrect or is yankeetown road the same thing? Just trying to figure out the route.

your map is correct. Unsure which lake, but that is the area.

Not much on the news. Just going on Todds post. Will reframe from speculation until LE give a statement.Brad Byrd talked to Todd and Cathy today about the reward and that their anniv is tomorrow.

The body of water was at Yankeetown Rd and Huffman Rd. About 2 miles from my parents house.

Please update if you find out which lake in that area it was. Curious how far from road it is. Some of them would require going through a corn field, (I believe) but the one near Mt. Gilead is closer to road.

My husband & I have been on that road many many times. It would not be easy to drive into one of those stripper pits. Not convinced of a one car accident myself.

Hopefully, it can be determined what most likely happened, i.e if she is strapped into her seatbelt, clothing in order etc. accidental may be the best they can do. But they may find signs at the scene now that they know more or less where the vehicle must have left the road.

The link I posted above makes it look very easy to drive into the lake if the stop sign is missed.

My husband & I have been on that road many many times. It would not be easy to drive into one of those stripper pits. Not convinced of a one car accident myself.

And the water along Huffman is just a creek, right? That's what it looks like on the map.

Not much on the news. Just going on Todds post. Will reframe from speculation until LE give a statement.Brad Byrd talked to Todd and Cathy today about the reward and that their anniv is tomorrow.

I will wait with my speculation also. That location just doesn't make any sense to me, based on what we know, or what we think we know.

But surely someone would have seen tire tracks right there, wouldn't they?

Maybe by the time people went to look there, they were gone. It was dry before and then we had a lot of rain shortly after her disappearance and it's possible the tracks were just washed away. I'm not familiar with that sort of thing, though, so I may be completely wrong.

That being said, I am so sad to hear about this. I thought for sure she was still alive. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back