Identified! IN - LaGrange County, human remains, Stone Lake, 20 Feb 2017 - David Killian

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was it an accident? Or sadly did he take his own life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victim was 54 years old.
Turned out NOT to be a murder(?????)
"An investigation showed that Killian drown. After saying Tuesday the investigation was “very active,” on Wednesday police said they did not suspect foul play."
http://wane.com/2017/02/21/body-found-near-lagrange-county-lake/
(drowned tied with a chain and cement, but foul play not suspected?)

from the dead man's FB photos:
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/david.killian.62

His obit (which oddly, lists no relatives):
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kpcnews/obituary.aspx?n=david-killian&pid=184211290&fhid=8861

Attachments

• dead guys photo fb.jpg
    dead guys photo fb.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 122
Suicide?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Victim was 54 years old.
Turned out NOT to be a murder(?????)
"An investigation showed that Killian drown. After saying Tuesday the investigation was “very active,” on Wednesday police said they did not suspect foul play."
http://wane.com/2017/02/21/body-found-near-lagrange-county-lake/
(drowned tied with a chain and cement, but foul play not suspected?)

from the dead man's FB photos:
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/david.killian.62

His obit (which oddly, lists no relatives):
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kpcnews/obituary.aspx?n=david-killian&pid=184211290&fhid=8861
It sounds like they are hinting at suicide and that he put the cement and chain on himself?

His facebook posts do give the impression that he may have been going through a hard time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It sounds like they are hinting at suicide and that he put the cement and chain on himself?

His facebook posts do give the impression that he may have been going through a hard time.

We were posting at the same time. Yes, I thought that's what they were hinting at. A guy near us killed himself that way a couple of years ago.

Possible also that he drowned by accident and his body became tangled in debris in the water.

We were posting at the same time. Yes, I thought that's what they were hinting at. A guy near us killed himself that way a couple of years ago.

Possible also that he drowned by accident and his body became tangled in debris in the water.

Not sure this is allowed but do you think there could be any connection to another case? The timing is just peculiar - not that there's ever a time for suicide. :(

Not sure this is allowed but do you think there could be any connection to another case? The timing is just peculiar - not that there's ever a time for suicide. :(

I didn't think so before I saw his picture. Now I'm not so sure.

I didn't think so before I saw his picture. Now I'm not so sure.

I found his facebook earlier and wondered. I noticed a short break in posting on the 13th. But, distance may be too far.

I found his facebook earlier and wondered. I noticed a short break in posting on the 13th. But, distance may be too far.

How far is it? I haven't looked at a map.

About 120 miles according to Google maps.

Then no, I doubt if it's too far. Only a couple of hours driving and the either was good.

Eta: the weather was good. Stupid autocorrect.

Then no, I doubt if it's too far. Only a couple of hours driving and the either was good.

Eta: the weather was good. Stupid autocorrect.

More so wondering if it is too far to be familiar with that particular area? I wonder if there are any past ties there.

More so wondering if it is too far to be familiar with that particular area? I wonder if there are any past ties there.

Judging from his pictures, he's an outdoor type. He could have hunted or fished there, grown up there, worked there...

I forget which occurred first, but my heart sank on the day LE announced they would hold a PC the following day, and then later that same day of the PC announcement, this news of a body found was announced. I suspected a connection, however the method did not seem like it would have been a suicide, police were investigating, saying suspected foul play. Obviously with the Indiana State Police being involved in both cases, they would know if there was reason to suspect any linking in the 2 cases, and they must not believe there is any. Just such a coincidence. The proximity, somewhat the appearance, the timing, the lack of family noted on the obit, the FB posts and their timing and their sudden cessation... too weird.

Only through 1:07 a.m. on the 14th.

You are correct, I read the times wrong.

I feel like we shouldn't be discussing the other case in this man's thread. There is no indication that he would be involved other than bad timing of his death. JMO. :(

He could post from phone....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last activity 14th, 1:07am. I figured that was showing my time (UK) so it would be the 13th still over there?
No, Feb 14th at one in the morning.. so an hour past Feb 13th. I believe La Grange County in Indiana is on EST time zone.
A post in the morning of Feb 13th about someone hacking his internet, 'trying to set him up'.. a post at 2pm.. then not until 3:30pm when the crazy started, imo, and went all the way until 1:07 in the night, and then never again. Then they found his body a week later, around 3:30pm on Feb 20th, but the date of death has not been reported (as far as I have seen).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back