Identified! IN - Lake Village, 'Adam' 999UMIN - Larry Eyler victim, Oct'83 - Keith Lavell Bibbs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sent a follow-up on two previously submitted possibles to Scott McCord of the Newton County Coroner's office:

I also spotted Donald Douma:

DDouma.jpg
1384UMIN.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1969dmon.html

I think it's the strong chin that drew me to him, but his cheekbones aren't as pronounced and the nose is a bit too small. Again, the distance is a factor, but it could be possible that as he was traveling west he took a detour south toward the States? (Honestly, though, the chin is the only thing that made Donald really stand out to me...too bad we don't have dentals yet for BD.)

I'm still new at this so your expert opinions are welcome. I'd love to see these young men find their names!

Donald Douma was excluded based on Dentals that were sent to him from Canada.

This guy just showed up in DoeNet yesterday, and he reminded me of Brad Doe.

William Joseph Powers III
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2352dmtx.html

WJPowers1.jpg
WJPowers.jpg
___
1384UMIN.jpg

There is no mention of tattoos, but everything else lines up pretty well.

William Powers III was excluded based on DNA from UNT.

What about this young man as a match for Brad Doe? James Thomas Kinskey

He fits the description and even looks like the artist's picture. He was recently released from prison (homemade tattoos?), was hitchhiking, had a previously broken nose, and was wearing work boots.

I was thinking that Kinskey could be an Eyler victim (but not necessarily one of the IN/IL does).
His "first" victim was Lexington resident Jay Reynolds, around the time Kinskey disappeared hitch hiking in the area.

Reading this thread just took me on a trip back to my childhood.

My one of my best friend from around age 7 to around 17 was a girl who lived in Lake Village.
Her brother married a girl who lived in Sumava. It was a swampy place with lots of grown up areas at the time. (I'm told things have changed, but I don't know)
I remember when they found the bodies there.

I also remember there being some speculation about the second body as to whether it was actually a victim of Eyler.
Mafia/Mod/Syndicate related bodies have been found in that area. The Spilatro Brothers were found just a few miles down the road on a farm where my friend and I rode snowmobiles and went "parking" with boys at the time of the discovery.

Carl, would you ask the ME to post photos of their clothing if possible? I was looking at Adam's profile and I bet that belt, the buckle and his shoes would help.

ETA: I realize that the physical clothing may not be available, but I am sure there are photos of it.

I thought that Larry Eyler had his own thread somewhere but couldn't find one. When I searched I saw that I had posted on this one. Perhaps I remembered this one and assumed it was about Eyler in General?

I found something new (to me at least) about Jay Reynolds, whom I mentioned my earlier post. (http://richmondregister.com/localnews/x892108104/Dead-but-not-forgotten)

I think I'm going to start a thread on Eyler, but would need help from other people on here in a way. I have a lot of knowledge/links/etc, but the more I have to deal with, the harder it is for me to organize it in a comprehensible manner.

Since there are only 3 UID Eyler victims, two of which are the subject of this thread, let's just stick with this thread for any discussion of Eyler, unless you want to start one in the Serial Killers forum.

I just posted in another thread how likely Kinskey is to have been an Eyler victim.

Depending on how sure it is that Eyler murdered Jay Reynolds in Lexington, Ky. I've seen him listed as one of his victims in many sources I've found on the 'net. But the Kentucky State Police site lists Reynolds' murder as a "cold case." So what I've heard of Reynolds runs the gamut from "confirmed Eyler victim" to "unknown killer and no suspects" and everywhere in between.

If Larry Eyler indeed killed Jay Reynolds, then Kinskey becomes a missing person that damn-near-HAS-GOT-TO-BE an Eyler victim.

James Thomas Kinskey was released from a Lexington jail and went missing on 3/27/1982. He was down-on-his-luck and known to hitchhike.
Jay Reynolds was murdered in Lexington 5-days before Kinskey went missing from Lexington.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kinskey_james.html

I think that Kinskey's remains are either destroyed in some way or yet to be discovered. Reynolds was living in Lexington and his body was found in a more rural area, but just outside of Lexington. If Eyler killed Kinskey (which I very strongly suspect), I just don't see him moving his body that far when he'd done a kill with a local dumping spot less than a week before.

Eyler was known to kill/dump in different parts of Indiana to throw off suspicion. But I think it would be quite a stretch in both time and distance for Kinskey to be "Brad."

Bumping, for Adam and Brad, any new news from Scott McCord?

I was acquainted with the brother of one of Eyler's victims and had a strong interest in this case. One thing that came out in the Terre Haute, IN, news was that Eyler had a partner who is a former professor of Library Science at ISU. His name is Robert David Little. I have since forgotten what happened to Little - but I will try to dig up some info. Sadly, the Tribune Star has begun charging to visit more than 4 of their articles and I'm on a fixed income.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kinskey_james.html

kinskey_james.jpg
kinskey_james3.jpg

He fits the description and even looks like the artist's picture. He was recently released from prison (homemade tattoos?), was hitchhiking, had a previously broken nose, and was wearing work boots.

I thought that I had read something saying LE thought that Brad Doe was recently released from prison; I'm not sure if I am mistaken or just can't locate it. Earlier today, I came across an escaped Indiana inmate named Gary Burton, a 24 year old white male, who is either wanted as of November 12, 1981 (http://doc-apps.in.gov/demo/wanted/Most_Wantedlist.asp?start=21) or was sentenced for burglary on November 12, 1981 (http://www.in.gov/apps/indcorrection/ofs/ofs?offnum=185430&search2.x=0&search2.y=0). So far, I haven't been able to locate a photo or additional information about Gary Burton.

Michael Cisewski photo on the Tennessee Department of Corrections website reminded of Brad Doe (I think it has to do with his chin/jawline and his nose looking like it had been broken) --
View attachment 80919
http://www.tn.gov/correction/article/tdoc-escapees
He escaped from prison on July 31, 1982 at age 21. His height (5'10") and weight (155 lbs) also seem consistent.

Attachments

• m_cisewski.jpg
    m_cisewski.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0
There's a very small picture of Adam's belt and buckle posted in a new article from Reveal News about the Larry Eyler unidentified victims.

Here's the description from Namus:

Levi brand blue jeans, red and white belt with word "Devil" several times across it. Gold color belt buckle with word "Jeans" on it.

user28460-1362523275-media2-232x300.jpg

Indiana serial killer’s victims still unknown long after his death
By G.W. Schulz / September 29, 2015

[...]
It was 2008 and McCord, a paramedic for more than 25 years, had just been elected coroner of northwestern Indiana’s Newton County, current population 14,156. The outgoing coroner had carried the two old bankers boxes to McCord’s new office. When McCord lifted the tops to look inside, he found human bones and a slip of paper with an Indiana State Police case number.

McCord called the state police District 13 station one county north, in Lowell, to find out more about the case. As McCord tells it, a higher-up called back to say the case was closed and the bones had all been returned to the families.
But the higher-up was wrong.

The bones in the boxes belonged to two young murder victims of serial killer Larry Eyler. They had never been identified. McCord later learned more: Two other Eyler victims also remained unnamed in the Indiana counties of Jasper and Hendricks.

I found a larger image of Adam's belt and buckle in a 2013 Indiana State Police news release.

4PIDVPP.jpg

"Adam"

Victim #2 (see attached photo) is a black male, between 15-18 years of age, around 5’8 to 6’2 (possibly 5’11) in height, and with normal muscularity for a teenage male. He was possibly last seen near Terre Haute, Indiana between State Road 63 and US 41, and was recovered at the same location as Victim #1. Victim #2 was wearing a white T-Shirt, Levi’s brand jeans, a stretch belt with the word Devil in red on the band and a gold buckle saying JEANS, pajama bottoms (27” inseam), size 34 boxer shorts, size 10 black fleece-lined suede Hush Puppy brand boots, a white tube sock with red/blue stripes and a white tube sock with blue/yellow stripes.
https://local.nixle.com/alert/4968834/?sub_id=1254023

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member