IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are two excellent questions. Regarding no. 2, I *think* the second young man was a friend and not a new acquaintance. That's my impression from listening to Lt. Parker's statements at yesterday's news conference.

Parker said Lauren and friend1 left Smallwood and walked to friend1's apartment. Lauren stayed at friend1's apartment for awhile, and then she went to friend2's apartment a few doors away. She decided to go home around 4:30 am, and friend2 watched her walk to the corner of College and 11th.

Since she didn't have her phone, she could not have received a call from friend2. She could have called him, but if she had just met him that night, and she had been drinking, I doubt she would have remembered his number. Nobody bothers remembering phone numbers these days, or even writing them down, especially college kids. Numbers go directly into cell phones.

If no phone calls were exchanged, then she went to friend2's apartment un-announced. Would she do that if she'd just met the guy? Not unthinkable, but rather unlikely, imo. Unless friend1 and friend2 are, uh... friends of each other, and she met up with friend2 at friend1's place.

That rationale is based on Lt Parker's statements yesterday. Her father's new revelation about other "friends" and an altercation changes the scenario quite a bit.

That's kind of what I'm thinking...she either met him at apart. 1 or possibly in passing earlier in the night. It's not unlikely that college girls meet guys, go to their apartment, and then leave. Upon further "sobering up" she might have realized she was uncomfortable with her choice to go to friend2's apartment; and decided to go home. If this guy thought he was in for a night one stand so to speak, and she decided to want to leave...he probably didn't have enough invested in her to walk her home. I'm probably grabbing here. I do find it very interesting about the altercation between friend1 and other males and then them deciding to leave the building without going to her apartment. One would think if she walked back to the building she intended to go in.

One thing that I would like to know is...we know Lauren and friend1 went to the building...did I miss where the other guys came in to play? Did they just happen to be at the building too? Go with lauren and friend 1? DId they all know each other? I might have missed that.

Interesting point, but I think the other male friends were not happy Lauren was his this "male friend" and were trying to protect her. If they had a problem with this guy I think they would've taken it out on him, not Lauren. It sounds like they were going back to her place and then this fight broke out and she said forget it lets go to your place, which would make sense why she left quickly (didn't bother to go to her apartment and put on another pair of shoes).

Are you saying that you think this group of guys that fought with him are friends of hers? This would explain why there are 10 persons of interest.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110608/NEWS02/110608007/Lauren-Spierer-Missing-Man-seen-IU-student-night-she-disapeared-ID-d?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|Frontpage

"Lauren Spierer Missing: Man seen with IU student the night she disapeared ID'd"

Not sure if this has been posted, won't post his name because it isn't police who have released this information apparently two students who witnessed the confrontation and several friends of the Spierer family have identified him.
- not sure how credible it is either if the story about her dad seeing the confrontation was made up as well :S

Let's suppose the altercation DID happen, father made statement and it was "too much information" that he should have not released. It could be possible that the information leaked to the father and now LE is figuring the altercation is way more important then they initially thought and want him to hush up.

With that being said....someone said maybe they hurt her to get back at the male friend b/c of the altercation.

If she was drunk, it's possible she could have said something she shouldn't have that provoked the guys and her male acquaintance came to her defense, thus hurting her later to get back at her. Long stretch, I know...

Also, I thought someone posted that she was charged with public intoxication and something behavior back in Sept. 2010. Maybe she said the wrong thing, to the wrong person.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110608/NEWS02/110608007/Lauren-Spierer-Missing-Man-seen-IU-student-night-she-disapeared-ID-d?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|Frontpage

"Lauren Spierer Missing: Man seen with IU student the night she disapeared ID'd"

Not sure if this has been posted, won't post his name because it isn't police who have released this information apparently two students who witnessed the confrontation and several friends of the Spierer family have identified him.
- not sure how credible it is either if the story about her dad seeing the confrontation was made up as well :S

Never mind I see its already been discussed lol :p

It's interesting that this young man she was supposedly with has 700+ facebook friends, yet, Lauren isn't one of them. She has facebook too. This definitely leads me to believe that she just had met him that night. Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

It's interesting that this young man she was supposedly with has 700+ facebook friends, yet, Lauren isn't one of them. This definitely leads me to believe that she just had met him that night. Maybe I wasn't looking closely enough.

Was just going to say the same thing!! I find that very odd as well :S

Plus...she has 1200 facebook friends and he's not one of them? I would definitely say someone she just met that night.

Which facebook page are some of you finding posts? I can't access the one linked above and the other one I find only has "lauren has become friends with...." entries.
Missing: Lauren Spierer

According to the FB post, Lauren's father told his brother, David Speirer, he absolutely did not say anything to anyone about "an altercation". The report is 100% FALSE. David Speirer goes on to ask everyone to post this all over the web.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_135782709829261

INteresting follow up post to the uncles comment...(I will delete person's name)

Here's comment

"Fr*** I also know for a fact that there was an altercation and so does the Bloomington Police so just stop cause you are totally wrong. We go to IU. We know!"

If the story of the altercation is true, my gut tells me that the BF was one of the people involved in the altercation with the male friend. As for what truly happened after she and the male friend left and walked to his apartment, I think one of three things is likely: The male friend is somehow responsible or is covering something up, the BF is responsible (i.e. waited for her to leave the male friend's apartment), or she happened to cross paths with some creep on her way home (possible, and happens nearly every day, but also probably the least likely scenario at this point).

The guy she was with is that was ID'd seems like your average American college guy. And even though he doesn't seem to know Lauren via facebook, he's Jewish as well.

This is the second time I am mentioning the "Jewish" background but I am Jewish myself and I know how TIGHT knit some Jewish communities can be. 80% of Lauren's friends seem to be Jewish, and the donation money is going to a Jewish organization.

Anyways, considering this guy is also Jewish, it just seems like they are from the same "community" and not that strange to eachother??

Like I said, very odd case.

or if the boyfriend wasn't involved in altercation..could have been friends of his

What time did the boyfriend report her missing? Didn't he call pretty earlier on?

Claudette, does who have a facebook?

Missing: Lauren Spierer

According to the FB post, Lauren's father told his brother, David Speirer, he absolutely did not say anything to anyone about "an altercation". The report is 100% FALSE. David Speirer goes on to ask everyone to post this all over the web.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_135782709829261

According to the lohud.com story, CR's father confirmed that CR has hired the former Monroe County Prosecutor to be his attorney.

After reading this facebook page...are they hinting to something racist?

According to the hired attorney's website, his criminal background is:

CRIMINAL

Felonies
Misdemeanors
DUI/OWI
License Reinstatements
Juvenile
PCRs
Sentence Modifications
Appeals

Seems like really minor things... I'm not sure if CR is guilty of something as big as it might seem. Let's wait and see.

After reading this facebook page...are they hinting to something racist?

Sure seems like it. I mentioned the Jewish connection before I even read that in the facebook page. Like I said, Lauren's group: typical, close knit, Jewish community. CR is also Jewish... I'm not sure he's a stranger she met at the bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. Lopes