IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now it comes out that LS and JW had broken up. It was obvious to anyone paying attention that things were not right with them.

Question is ... why would the girl roommate make it sound like everything was cool with JW and LS, that he loved her so much?
Surely she would have known about them having problems, being the roommate and all?

Why was HT not with Lauren that night? Were they not getting along either?

Why would HT have given JW room keys if LS and JW had broken up?

I think these questions need to be answered, and I wonder what the relationship between HT and JW is.

The one thought I have had is that very early on somebody gave HT (and possibly others) a reason to fear that JW was being accused. So that was the start of what I characterize as the over-zealous defense of him. And I think part of the reason many people are trying very hard to convict JR in the popular sentiment. (the other part is that JW's circle seemingly detests JR. Which is odd given that HT and LS are great pals with him. We know that HT got JRs story early on, and seemingly felt that it made enough sense to repeat it, and didn't feel the need to defend him. Why not?

Someone earlier stated that here at WS is the only place the JW gets mentioned as a suspect, that is patently untrue. I read the comments everywhere and his name comes up repeatedly. More than JR at times. One of the reasons I insist on explaining theories other than JR/OD is because a crowd of people seem to want to exclude any other scenario as a possibility - i.e. that JW did something. I cannot see the logic in denying the possibility that JR is innocent, so I wonder what the agenda of some of the more vehemently convinced people really is, and why.

The (unconfirmed) reports of a fight or breakup between JW and LS are certainly interesting, but do not (necessarily) seem consistent with HT's public remarks that JW (told her that he) intended to join LS later that evening and that she had no doubt that LS was not "involved" that night with someone other than JW.

How do you explain that LS was with another male companion that night, CR?
If everything was great between her and JW?

I don't think that can be explained, other than they were not together anymore, or were on the outs at least.

And then if so, why would HT suggest otherwise? Why would she give her room keys to an ex-boyfriend of her roommate's?

Well, it would change my whole interpretation of JW's position in this case if he and LS had actually broken up just before this incident. That would make it more understandable to me why he would leave Bloomington so soon after her disappearance, why he wouldn't have made an effort to get in touch with her/meet up with her on the night of her disappearance, why HT would be so adamant that he couldn't have been involved (because if he really was a very loving bf up until then and they just grew apart, for instance, it would make sense that HT would be compelled to defend him) All of this would make it seem to me like he would have had less of a reason to really care if LS was out with other guys that night or to have as much of a reaction to his buddies confronting CR and LS at Smallwood and then would probably lessen his motive to hurt her. Unless, of course, he wasn't happy that they had broken up, which would mean that he still has that motive.

This is what the parents are saying,sounds like not much contact

Rossman and Jesse Wolff, Lauren’s boyfriend of two years, who originally reported her missing the afternoon of June 3, have both spoken to police, but Robert Spierer told Lauer he can’t hazard a guess as to how helpful they have been in the case.
Michael Conroy / AP
A missing person poster of Lauren Spierer, 20, is posted on a sign post outside her apartment building in Bloomington, Ind., Tuesday, June 7, 2011.

“I’m not privy to what’s being said between the police and Jesse and Corey,” he said. “I’m letting the police evaluate what’s being said — how open they’re being in helping the investigation. We do know that anything anyone can tell us is of critical importance to finding Lauren. There’s just a big, empty space between where she was last seen and her disappearance.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43392...issing-coed-its-having-your-heart-ripped-out/

Can you cite a single "lie" by HT?

Yeah, every time she says something I don't believe her. Her statements constantly contradict what basic intuition would tell anyone paying attention. If I never heard her speak, I would have no reason to suspect anything from her in the slightest. Even now, she may just be hiding things to protect others, I cannot say. But when she speaks she always contradicts what we can glean from events, so I have a hard time giving her any credit for credibility.

I think what sets this case apart from so many is you have so many reasonable suspects.
CR with his memory loss
JR the last to see her
JW the boyfriend
TA (the abductor) her walking home alone at 4:30 in the morning
spin the wheel and take your pick.

So everyone chose one scenario (add an additional) and convince the rest of us.

see where we get? yes/no?

I've posted this quote before, but wanted to again because it seems curious in a few areas:

Said Tamir, "(Rosenbaum) was with Lauren that night, and he was the last person to see her as she walked out of his house ... he made that very clear that Friday when we first realized she was missing and I believe him."

Link

What is he "making very clear"? That she was out of his house? That he was the last to see her?

If he is trying to be very clear, it's odd to me that he doesn't specify where he saw her walking, only "as she walked out of his house".

She is probably paraphrasing him, but this quote has always struck me as odd.

How do you explain that LS was with another male companion that night, CR?
If everything was great between her and JW?

I don't think that can be explained, other than they were not together anymore, or were on the outs at least.

I certainly agree that it looks suspicious, as it did to JW(/LS?)"s friends, though I believe their suspicion may have regarded more CR's intentions than LS's - it is my impression that LS was not in an especially rational frame of mind during much if not all of the period after midnight. I do question the failure of JW and LS to connect in the period from roughly 11:30PM (end of game?) to 2:30AM (loss of cellphone; JW supposedly to bed), but it too may well be explained by LS's condition during that period.

Yeah, every time she says something I don't believe her. Her statements constantly contradict what basic intuition would tell anyone paying attention. If I never heard her speak, I would have no reason to suspect anything from her in the slightest. Even now, she may just be hiding things to protect others, I cannot say. But when she speaks she always contradicts what we can glean from events, so I have a hard time giving her any credit for credibility.

Can you explain why no other POI has had anywhere near the same voluntary media presence? Why LE has never mentioned her role in anything prior to the search for LS? Why she appears not to have retained counsel?

I agree that I would like to hear more about the relationship between HT and JW. I get the feeling HT had a little thing for JW.
ul
Some thoughts about HT. First off, if you haven't seen a photo of her, she is strikingly beautiful. I've watched her interact with others in the search HQ when it was on College Ave. I would see her hanging out in front of Smallwood. She certainly seemed supportive, right there with the family.

The first thing is, as a journalist, I was taken aback on how she was so open to be interviewed. I didn't interview her, but the Journal News did. And they spoke to her more than once. Her remarks are extensive, odd for a case in which nobody seems to be talking. She also went on the record, knowing that her name would be used.

At first I just thought her to be naive. She's young and was in the middle of a very fluid situation that she wasn't really comprehending. And who could blame her.

Not that I've necessarily changed my opinion, but I am listening to those HT detractors. The allegations are that she's telling a story for Jay. Some of her facts were contradictory, but everybody is getting something wrong, the witnesses, the cops, the media, so I didn't really put much value on the criticism she was getting.

Most of all she is one of the two sources for the 4:15am phone call and the only one who has said it wasn't JR, -- but LS -- who made the call.

In a story where the police are not releasing much information, and none of the persons of interest -- primary or secondary -- are talking, HT does stand out -- if for nothing else -- for her verbosity..

Well, it would change my whole interpretation of JW's position in this case if he and LS had actually broken up just before this incident. That would make it more understandable to me why he would leave Bloomington so soon after her disappearance, why he wouldn't have made an effort to get in touch with her/meet up with her on the night of her disappearance, why HT would be so adamant that he couldn't have been involved (because if he really was a very loving bf up until then and they just grew apart, for instance, it would make sense that HT would be compelled to defend him) All of this would make it seem to me like he would have had less of a reason to really care if LS was out with other guys that night or to have as much of a reaction to his buddies confronting CR and LS at Smallwood and then would probably lessen his motive to hurt her. Unless, of course, he wasn't happy that they had broken up, which would mean that he still has that motive.

And just a question, how does this affect him calling her parents to say she is missing?

For those interested in LS movements at College and 11th: I went by and snapped a photo. Once I have time and energy to figure out how to upload here I will do that. But for now, please know that there really is no "rounding of the corner" here. It is a sharp, right-angle turn with the following within feet of one another: stoplight, one-way street sign, a large utility box, what I think is a street light, large, realty-type sign, a construction sign! All of this is under a tree with low-lying branches. Yikes! It's an obstacle course. Hell, even if she did stay on College to go to Smallwood, crossing the street at the intersection would be safer, less obstructed and more illuminated!

Can you explain why no other POI has had anywhere near the same voluntary media presence? Why LE has never mentioned her role in anything prior to the search for LS? Why she appears not to have retained counsel?

It's not that I think she was involved, it's that I don't trust her because she wasn't forthcoming with information about LS/JW.

IMO -- it's obvious that something was wrong between LS and JW. She was in the company of another male in the middle of the night.
Now, from the beginning, HT made it sound like everything was great between LS and JW, a happily ever after couple.

That's why I don't believe her -- a roommate, a friend, would know of relationship problems.

So then the next question is ... why give the guy your room key if he's an ex?

Perhaps she's protecting him, perhaps she likes him or there is something between them.
Maybe there was some party with multiple people present when Lauren OD'd or died from drinking? And she was there ... they all were?

I don't know really, I cannot say ... I can only say I don't believe HT because of that one slip up she made at the beginning.

ul
Some thoughts about HT. First off, if you haven't seen a photo of her, she is strikingly beautiful. I've watched her interact with others in the search HQ when it was on College Ave. I would see her hanging out in front of Smallwood. She certainly seemed supportive, right there with the family.

The first thing is, as a journalist, I was taken aback on how she was so open to be interviewed. I didn't interview her, but the Journal News did. And they spoke to her more than once. Her remarks are extensive, odd for a case in which nobody seems to be talking. She also went on the record, knowing that her name would be used.

At first I just thought her to be naive. She's young and was in the middle of a very fluid situation that she wasn't really comprehending. And who could blame her.

Not that I've necessarily changed my opinion, but I am listening to those HT detractors. The allegations are that she's telling a story for Jay. Some of her facts were contradictory, but everybody is getting something wrong, the witnesses, the cops, the media, so I didn't really put much value on the criticism she was getting.

Most of all she is one of the two sources for the 4:15am phone call and the only one who has said it wasn't JR, -- but LS -- who made the call.

In a story where the police are not releasing much information, and none of the persons of interest -- primary or secondary -- are talking, HT does stand out -- if for nothing else -- for her verbosity..

What has being beautiful got to do with it? Do you know if she has taken a poly?At this point I don't believe any of the friends or room mates

JW's circle seemingly detests JR. Which is odd given that HT and LS are great pals with him. We know that HT got JRs story early on, and seemingly felt that it made enough sense to repeat it, and didn't feel the need to defend him. Why not?

I've seen you refer several times to the great relationship between LS, JR and HT, and I believe you are overestimating it (though I may be wrong). HT certainly made clear that she is good friends with JR, going back to her freshman year. I believe she said that LS, however, did not become acquainted with JR until their sophomore (this past) year, during which they all spent a lot of time at JR's (my personal assumption was that the reason related to drug use, but I could be quite wrong). While HT certainly described them all as friends, she may be using "friend" to mean acquaintance, and I don't believe she ever said that LS and JR were particularly friendly.

Also, I note that you seem to be crediting HT for purposes of establishing a good relationship between LS and JR, but perhaps discrediting her for purposes of suggesting a fraying of the relationship between LS and JW.

It's not that I think she was involved, it's that I don't trust her because she wasn't forthcoming with information about LS/JW.

IMO -- it's obvious that something was wrong between LS and JW. She was in the company of another male in the middle of the night.
Now, from the beginning, HT made it sound like everything was great between LS and JW, a happily ever after couple.

That's why I don't believe her -- a roommate, a friend, would know of relationship problems.

So then the next question is ... why give the guy your room key if he's an ex?

Perhaps she's protecting him, perhaps she likes him or there is something between them.
Maybe there was some party with multiple people present when Lauren OD'd or died from drinking? And she was there ... they all were?

I don't know really, I cannot say ... I can only say I don't believe HT because of that one slip up she made at the beginning.

Isnt it every bit as possible that the reason HT was defending JW is that LS might not have even told her roomate things were at a certain point with CR. A lot of times, when people start a new relationship, whether cheating or right after a long relationship, they keep it quiet from people. In this case, if HT were close enough to JW or had a tendency to not keep secrets, she might have been reluctant to tell her right away that something was going on.

Isnt it every bit as possible that the reason HT was defending JW is that LS might not have even told her roomate things were at a certain point with CR. A lot of times, when people start a new relationship, whether cheating or right after a long relationship, they keep it quiet from people. In this case, if HT were close enough to JW or had a tendency to not keep secrets, she might have been reluctant to tell her right away that something was going on.

If LS and HT were more roommates than friends, I could see this. But my perception is that they were good friends, not just associated because of being roommates. In that case, 20 year old girls tell each other everything. HT would know what was going on IMO.

So now it comes out that LS and JW had broken up. It was obvious to anyone paying attention that things were not right with them.

Question is ... why would the girl roommate make it sound like everything was cool with JW and LS, that he loved her so much?
Surely she would have known about them having problems, being the roommate and all?

Why was HT not with Lauren that night? Were they not getting along either?

Why would HT have given JW room keys if LS and JW had broken up?

I think these questions need to be answered, and I wonder what the relationship between HT and JW is.

Can you please point me to the source of what you are referring to that it has come out that LS and JW had broken up?

I disagree that the cameras located at each end of the 10th and College apartments walkway can pick up a person walking on the sidewalk. I actually called in that these cameras were present as a tip on 6/5 (probably already well known by then) because walking south on College, I had many times walked through this portion instead of the sidewalk since it was lit better.
I keep looking at the bottom picture and saying if it was me and I was barefoot I would be walking on the grass right next to the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem