IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because she was willing to go on the record and recount what she saw...contrasted to the lack of information coming in from other sources.

So, this is a great lead that LE just ignores for no apparent reason?

At least as of 6/10, they were not sure they had identified all POIs. As of 6/22, there was perhaps one or two secondary tier individuals they had not interviewed. I'm not sure they've id'd everyone.

to clarify, I was paraphrasing. I think it was more like they have ID'ed everyone with LS seen on camera
and I believe the witness story has a fairly good chance at being true
jmho

He said they saw LS on video approximately an hour before the eyewitness claimed she supposedly saw her.

Right, they have her on video approximately an hour before the eyewitness report travelling north in the alley.

Furthermore this eyewitness account doesn't fit into the timeline. Why so much insistence it can be true? It doesn't fit at all. LE seem to indicate in their view it doesn't fit.

It fits fine in the timeline we've been given. There is a period of over 90 minutes where we have no account of what went on. My insistence it can be true is based solely on the fact that I don't want to close any doors when there hasn't been evidence to the contrary. If LE would give us the time that she left MB OR the time she arrived at JR, that would shut this door in my mind.

to clarify, I was paraphrasing. I think it was more like they have ID'ed everyone with LS seen on camera
and I believe the witness story has a fairly good chance at being true
jmho

Well I think it has a zero chance of being true.
And LE appears to feel the same way.

Probably because she was willing to go on the record and recount what she saw...contrasted to the lack of information coming in from other sources.

What I took away from the press conference is, they have video of the area when and where the witness said this encounter took place, and it didn't.

I don't think she's lying, I think she's mistaken. This encounter she describes didn't happen where and when she says.

I didn't get any sense whatsoever that they ignored this. I think they know exactly what it means. they addressed it head on in their statement yesterday, before being asked. They never denied it happened, only that they could not verify either the time, or possibly the location. They have ID'ed everyone who has appeared with LS on camera and have apparently figured out the meaning of this witness testimony to their own satisfaction. there is no reason to tell us what the conclusion was, and they never did tell us.

What makes you think they're ignoring it? We hashed this out on Wednesday. From the press conference the only thing we know with certainty is that she does not appear on the video at 3:38 am and that there is no mystery man on the video.

Yes, I would normally think that too. I would always be willing to help...especially if it was my friend.

But you obviously didn't watch that video that I was referring to...it could change your perspective...it did mine....

I don't know what video you are referring to, but I agree with your statements.

Lay low, and keep quiet. Get a lawyer.

I'm not talking about people who actually harmed Lauren, but the peripheral friends who were out there partying and drinking with her who now don't know what happened to her. They would be foolish to keep making statements.

I have seen too many kids left holding the bag when everyone else scatters and they're trying to do the right thing and be completely honest and helpful. They pay for it dearly.

For those that think the 338 sighting is true, how did she go from banging her head on the ground, unconscious, and a stranger slinging her around to JR's apartment? A friend of JR? If you think she never went to JR's why would he fabricate her being over there? I am curious because I am not creative enough to make that sighting fit other evidence we have.

What makes you think they're ignoring it? We hashed this out on Wednesday. From the press conference the only thing we know with certainty is that she does not appear on the video at 3:38 am and that there is no mystery man on the video.

If LE believed it, why aren't they looking for this "mystery man?"

Darcyline, I can't figure it out either. What would be the theory? If LS is seen completely out of it at 3:38 am with a mystery man, how does she end up at JR's to leave at 4:30 am in a perfectly fine state and able to walk without stumbling?

Also, concerning the whole JW going to get LS's phone and then getting the key's to her apartment...I read that after he checked her apartment he "knew" she was missing and called her parents to tell them. I find this to be suspicious. Why would you immediately assume she is MISSING? I have a boyfriend I have been long term with (similar to JW and LS) and if that happened to me, yes I would probably contact his friends the next day and then if they told me he didn't come home or whatever I might go into his apartment, but my first thought would probably be that he was cheating on me and was with another girl, not that he was missing. If I had not heard from him or heard that anyone else had heard from him by that evening/night, THEN I might call his parents and say I didn't know where he was. It just seems odd that he jumped right to "she's missing". Not saying he is responsible for what happened to her, but he probably knows more than he has let on.

Darcyline, I can't figure it out either. What would be the theory? If LS is seen completely out of it at 3:38 am with a mystery man, how does she end up at JR's to leave at 4:30 am in a perfectly fine state and able to walk without stumbling?

THIS was why I asked the question in the first place lol.

Actually, when I think about it, I am not sure if the quotes I saw were her gushing about how wonderful the relationship between LS and JW was so much as her gushing about what a wonderful boyfriend JW was to LS. If, in fact, the two had broken up, and JW was more heartbroken than LS, it would make sense to me that she would be feeling sorry for him already.

On the other hand, I have felt as though she is deviating from a script when she talks. Like she is told to emphasize that JR was the last to see LS, and that he said he saw her at 4:30 and he was sure of it, but it comes out that JR is certain he was the last to see her (which is just a weird statement to me because how can anyone be sure they were the last to see someone unless they know what happened to her?). Maybe since JW is being so quiet at the advice of attorneys, he is using HT as his mouthpiece to defend himself.

By the way, is the consensus here that there is no doubt LS made it safely past the spot where her keys/purse were found? i.e. is that before the spot of the camera? if not, is it definite that she made it to CR's place? could it be possible that JW was called when the confrontation started at the apartment, that he caught up with CR, LS, and all of his friends in the alleyway, that something happened there and they are all covering for JW and friends?

My understanding is in high profile cases the police usually ask witnesses not to talk to the press on the facts of the case.So I have wondered if the police wanted her to present this info to the press.I was struck that she would mention LS only meeting CR two weeks ago because while I think most of her story is slanted to show LS in the best possible light.I do not think that does and it makes you question CR more.

What I'm wondering...Why would JR let LS leave if he knew she didn't have her keys? Why would LS WANT to even attempt to go back to her apartment if she knew she didn't have her keys? Unless she just wanted to get out of there if she didn't feel comfortable with JR for some reason. I don't think she would have tried to go back to her apartment if she didn't have her keys.......................

Excellent points. It is very hard to believe a scenario in which she was seen walking out at 4.30 AM and disappeared. Especially as there was no video of her walking that direction. Of course we dont know all the evidence and such a scenario is still a (distant IMO) possibility. I hope the police was able to search of the houses and cars of all POIs. I still believe that this case will be solved.

What I took away from the press conference is, they have video of the area when and where the witness said this encounter took place, and it didn't.

I don't think she's lying, I think she's mistaken. This encounter she describes didn't happen where and when she says.

Or with whom she says. There might be more than one girl down there that needs help walking home.

For those that think the 338 sighting is true, how did she go from banging her head on the ground, unconscious, and a stranger slinging her around to JR's apartment? A friend of JR? If you think she never went to JR's why would he fabricate her being over there? I am curious because I am not creative enough to make that sighting fit other evidence we have.

I want to state that me arguing that it remains a possibility is not meant to convey me arguing that it is true.

But, how did she get to JR's? From 10th and College? I would say walking is the prime contender, its 2 blocks. I haven't seen an account of her being unconscious, but I will say that an intoxicated individual can very much appear worse off to a completely sober one.

:banghead::banghead:
whoa, that is a big leap there! Now you are telling me that we know that she walked out of JRs? And how can we prove that? JRs word? Isn't it possible he may have lied, and that he may have HUGE incentive to lie about when/how LS left his presence?
He's not cleared, and we all know that.

If LE believed it, why aren't they looking for this "mystery man?"

How are you sure they're not? I think this board would be a little different if we were privvy to what leads LE is pursuing.

I want to state that me arguing that it remains a possibility is not meant to convey me arguing that it is true.

But, how did she get to JR's? From 10th and College? I would say walking is the prime contender, its 2 blocks. I haven't seen an account of her being unconscious, but I will say that an intoxicated individual can very much appear worse off to a completely sober one.

I thought the 338 sighting said that she was falling down, hitting her head, and then the guy walked away with her slung over his shoulders. I would say that is either unconscious or pretty close to it.

I also don't think it is proven she walked away from JR's, but I still cannot come up with an explanation for JR claiming she was with him when she wasn't. Or MB. MB also said she went over to JR's. Why would they both be lying? What would the incentive be? Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member