IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone local know that the clock in the street is accurate, or has always been accurate? Just wondering...seemingly there is an issue with the clocks on the cameras...

Just to be clear, I was not trying to say that the witness is not credible or lying by any means. I truly believe that she believes she saw LS. It is just that I know that eye witness reports are notoriously faulty. I bet LE has over a hundred eye witness reports of people claiming they saw LS when most are probably mistaken identity or other types of mistakes.

I suppose it ultimately doesn't matter if it isn't bringing us closer to finding LS or what happened to her :(

Just to be clear, I was not trying to say that the witness is not credible or lying by any means. I truly believe that she believes she saw LS. It is just that I know that eye witness reports are notoriously faulty. I bet LE has over a hundred eye witness reports of people claiming they saw LS when most are probably mistaken identity or other types of mistakes.

I suppose it ultimately doesn't matter if it isn't bringing us closer to finding LS or what happened to her :(

I wouldn't be surprised if LE had witnesses right now who claimed to have seen LS after she went missing all over the country and possibly the world. Happens frequently in high profile cases.

I've been asked to return and check in on you guys again. :sigh:

Pu-leez let everyone have their say without badgering their opinion. If you've stated your thoughts once to a poster, that's fine. Let it go. Here's another reminder on how to treat each other:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Gidget, I don't know why your posts were removed. I'll look into it and contact you privately. If any of your posts are removed and you don't know why, please contact a moderator of your choice privately and they will be more than happy to explain.

Now go read the link I posted. Thanks!

I'm apt to believe her time is correct though - Porch, didn't you previously say there is a giant digital clock on the corner, maybe above where she would have saw this happen?

Yes, there's a digital clock on top of a row of business signs at that corner which displays time & temp like a bank clock. Which is why I tend to believe the witness' specific 3:38 time. I used to get off work from a location on campus on 10th street and drive through that intersection. Out of boredom and repetition I would always notice what time I was making it there--12:06, 12:04, 12:11, whatever. FWIW

Just an observation, as one who has spent time on the Caylee Anthony thread of late...I have NEVER seen Casey, who was 22 at the time of her daughter's death, referred to as a "kid"...yet all of these people the same age, within a year or so, are "kids."...In fact, isn't JW 22? But he needed his parents more than he needed to be where his girlfriend of several years was last seen?

Some of you have to learn to make your point and then move on. If you can't persuade others in one or two posts, give it up and proceed to another topic.

I didn't see this when I wrote my last post. Please follow Bessie's instructions. :tyou:

<snipping everything I completely agree with>
my potentially far-fetched theory of the case, which involves an overdose during the post-3AM time period, and disposal of the body by, with the aid, or at the direction of an unidentified individual associated with a criminal drug enterprise, almost certainly with the knowledge or participation of JR.

Now why do you label your theory as far-fetched. It is my impression it is currently the one in favor, at least here at WS.

I am not sure where I am going with this, but the timeline conversation made me start thinking...is there any way, shape or form that someone going into a different time zone could have impacted the reported timelines? I'm tired, and am pretty sure it's a non-issue, but I seem to recall hearing or seeing somewhere that shifting one person's story by an hour would have made it fit, and the last time I was in Indiana, I remember being somewhere that my phone kept switching back and forth because of the cell towers I was near. I can't remember where in Indiana, though.

I am not sure where I am going with this, but the timeline conversation made me start thinking...is there any way, shape or form that someone going into a different time zone could have impacted the reported timelines? I'm tired, and am pretty sure it's a non-issue, but I seem to recall hearing or seeing somewhere that shifting one person's story by an hour would have made it fit, and the last time I was in Indiana, I remember being somewhere that my phone kept switching back and forth because of the cell towers I was near. I can't remember where in Indiana, though.

Indiana is solidly in the Eastern time zone now. But a few years ago it wasn't, and certain counties were in different time zones. They used to call it 'Indiana stupid time.' It's fixed now, though. It shouldn't have affected any parties involved in this case.

So what do you think the guy giving the press conference meant when he said "witness accounts can be off." I don't know how much more clear LE can be.

IMO he was downplaying the whole situation. TG said even he was confused by what the guy said, and it was his question. So what's the motivation for downplaying it? Maybe it didn't happen. Maybe they're ready to nab someone and they don't want to tip their hands. Maybe they know the witness is a crazy person. We don't know.

Of course "witness accounts can be off," most probably are to some degree. What if JR is completely innocent and he honestly thought he saw LS turn the corner?

What has been disclosed about the individuals who were in the Smallwood elevator, lobby, came from Kilroys, or whereever, that resulted in the face punch to CR?

I have been following this since she was reported missing, and I have not seen/heard any details at all, initials, etc. of the males that were involved in the face punch incident. If the cameras at Smallwood caught LS and CR leaving for his apt, what did this camera, and others show of the males after the "punch" was over. Did they leave as a group, where did they go? When did they arrive back at their abodes? What do we know of them?

Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if LE had witnesses right now who claimed to have seen LS after she went missing all over the country and possibly the world. Happens frequently in high profile cases.

There's a man posting all over his facebook wall that he dropped her off somewhere in his taxi, and that the police aren't listening to him.

BTW, I don't know if anyone has looked at the professional posters list today or not, but bunnyesq. has been verified as an attorney. Thanks for joining us, bunnyesq.!!! :hug:

Indiana is solidly in the Eastern time zone now. But a few years ago it wasn't, and certain counties were in different time zones. They used to call it 'Indiana stupid time.' It's fixed now, though. It shouldn't have affected any parties involved in this case.

Thank you!

(Especially for confirming for me that I am not crazy, remembering switching back and forth between time zones within Indiana as we traveled between a hotel and another location.)

Maybe LE found out who the girl was that the witness saw...no reason they would have to report that to the public. I am sure they are doing their job and have looked into it, as they say. If they need help finding out who someone on video is, they will ask for it.

I am really hoping we get some more info at tomorrow's PC...I can't take much more of Lauren's poor mom pleading for help, knowing that I can't help her. I am many states away, but actually looked up flights to Bloomington tonight, wondering if there was a way I could go and help somehow, although I am not physically able to search. I can't imagine anyone holding back info from this tortured mom...

There's a man posting all over his facebook wall that he dropped her off somewhere in his taxi, and that the police aren't listening to him.

This was mentioned a few pages back...:)
I think LE probably has a reason, if even true...

What has been disclosed about the individuals who were in the Smallwood elevator, lobby, came from Kilroys, or whereever, that resulted in the face punch to CR?

I have been following this since she was reported missing, and I have not seen/heard any details at all, initials, etc. of the males that were involved in the face punch incident. If the cameras at Smallwood caught LS and CR leaving for his apt, what did this camera, and others show of the males after the "punch" was over. Did they leave as a group, where did they go? When did they arrive back at their abodes? What do we know of them?

Thanks.

No names have come from LE...one name was dropped on a comment following an article, starts with a "Z". But they may be some of the "2nd-tier" group LE talks about...who knows. (Yikes, I did not mean to have three posts in a row!)

Central timezone in the northwest and southwest-

http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/indiana_time_zone_map.shtml

Just an observation, as one who has spent time on the Caylee Anthony thread of late...I have NEVER seen Casey, who was 22 at the time of her daughter's death, referred to as a "kid"...yet all of these people the same ago, within a year or so, are "kids."...In fact, isn't JW 22? But he needed his parents more than he needed to be where his girlfriend of several years was last seen?

I know I am guilty of this. The labels I use reflect the lifestyle, rather than the age.
If any of these people were working and had responsibilities other than to get themselves through college, and had some real-life experience I wouldn't refer to them as kids as much.
That in no way whatsoever absolves anyone of responsibility for their own actions. It's just I can see a level of maturity that has not been reached here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member