IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a good question. Has JR or his lawyer said what was happening while she was at his place? Talking? Watching movies? I feel like I am starting to get the finer details of the story mixed up, but have any statements been made about that gap time?

Unfortunately the answer to all of your questions is no.

Totlally get this!

In Plaidmom World: kid= still on the payroll of the Bank of Mom and Dad.

I'm not an age-ist! I've known full-on adults at the age of 17. Some people are still "kids" at 37.

It's less about a number and more about how you manage yourself it the world. If you are writing your own checks (even electronically) and paying your own way in the world, then, yes, you are an ADULT.

My point was about Casey A. never being referred to as a "kid" at the same age, and no one was more on her parents' dime than she was...living at home all her life, not working, partying like crazy, drinking, dancing etc....kind of like these "kids" in fact...

jjenny-Was it the roommate also that said JR saw her walking around the corner? Thanks-I didn't realize JR had been so tight-lipped.

And that's what it boils down to. We've been told that at least some of the persons of interest have cooperated with LE. If they've now flown the coop for whatever reason, it's after the fact. So be it. The so-called friends who haven't stepped forward to offer information really bother me, though. Even if they weren't with Lauren that night, something they might have seen or heard in the days before could offer a clue. For the life of me, I cannot understand why an innocent person would not contact LE to say, "Here's my name. I don't think I know anything significant, but I'll be happy to talk to you if you think it would help." It's a simple act of decency, so why not??

People who support Amanda Knox argue that if she had not talked to the police, she wouldn't be where she is today (prison). So I do understand that even someone who is completely innocent might be reluctant to talk to the police.

I have also read comments from the taxi driver and thought of something today....

I have found it weird that JW would spend not even a full day searching for LS, then assume she's missing. If she's really the "party girl" that people have suggested her to be, wouldn't you think perhaps she was just off with some guy (especially given that she'd been seen with one the night before and that maybe she and JW had broken up?) I'd think that was a possibility, at least, and if so, I would think JW WOULDN'T want to alert her parents to that scenario. I can maybe give his story more credence since he learned that she left her cell at the bar and hadn't gone back to get it, but still not convinced.

However when I read that the taxi driver said that he'd heard that LS had left before, that made me think that maybe JW knows that and perhaps that's why he jumped to the conclusion of her missing so quickly. We don't know if he went over to CR's to inquire about her, but given that someone on here said CR/MB were in a CVS and knew earlier than reported, that she was missing, one can only assume that he did. If so, he seemed to take this pretty seriously. To me, that either points to him already knowing she was gone (as in some involvement) OR he knew she'd done this before. I just do not think that most college guys would assume someone is MISSING and file a police report and call a girl's parents all b/c she left her phone in the bar.

I could be wrong.....perhaps CR was SUCH a bad influence (and why he was hit) OR perhaps he went over to CR's and learned that Lauren had gone to JR's and THAT was more concerning to JW. Maybe JW felt that LS was at harm for having been with these guys. I just feel that if LS hanging with them was that serious of a threat, there would have been more than just one punch to CR's face.....

Yes, there's a digital clock on top of a row of business signs at that corner which displays time & temp like a bank clock. Which is why I tend to believe the witness' specific 3:38 time. I used to get off work from a location on campus on 10th street and drive through that intersection. Out of boredom and repetition I would always notice what time I was making it there--12:06, 12:04, 12:11, whatever. FWIW
That is why I find the first reporting of this 3:38 sighting so suspicious.It never explains how she knew it was precisely 3:38 or why she noted it.We are just left with an ambiguous "for some reason".You would think any report would have included the how and why of such a crucial detail.

jjenny-Was it the roommate also that said JR saw her walking around the corner? Thanks-I didn't realize JR had been so tight-lipped.

I believe all of the info published in the press is coming from the roommate.
"Spierer's apartment mate, Hadar Tamir, told The Journal News on Monday that Rosenbaum told her that he had urged Spierer to stay on his couch but she insisted on walking home. He watched her leave; she seemed OK, so he let her go, Tamir said."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-14-lauren-spierer-investigation-tips_n.htm

Thanks for your on-the-ground perception and judicious take. I'd like to get a little behind the above, however. HT saying that the person who made the call was LS presumably is relating JR's story to her - clearly he spoke to her after 6/2, presumably upon her inquiry into LS's disappearance. I believe the attorney representing DR in a separate matter has said that he received a 4:15 call, but doesn't know who made it. Presumably, this is because the call was identified as coming from JR's phone, but the attorney doesn't want to say JR was making the call if he can't say that for sure, in light of JR's allegation, via HT. Do I understand correctly that these are the two sources and JR has never said anything to LE (or are the sources you mention yours?) about the call?

The only "report" we have of the call at 4:15 was from LS was "hearsay" from HT, since HT was not present. This is simply not anything to be considered factual. period.

Re: monkey222 point and questions about JW's frat bros. That confronted and punched CR in the fifth floor lobby of Smallwood...

I am glad to see I am not the only one who has noticed this..we are at 3 weeks into this investigation and as well all know by the end of the first week we knew the first and last names of the main players of the night, including photos and some background on each.. Except for this group of guys who many of us assume to be the remaining POI's that are not yet Id-ed..

It's shocking that these main players in that night's events hav continued to remain nameless and faceless.. Many have high powered defense Attys retainEd yet even they all have been named and placed publicly.. So what gives and what makes these guys any different??

* and yes I know we have seen a couple of them named or supposedly named in comment sections or comments or posts on FB.. But mainstream media has pretty much left their names completely out of any of their article but rather only referring to them as Jesse's frat bros or friends.. Hhmmmmmm

My point was about Casey A. never being referred to as a "kid" at the same age, and no one was more on her parents' dime than she was...living at home all her life, not working, partying like crazy, drinking, dancing etc....kind of like these "kids" in fact...

Probably because Casie was a mother, these people are in college.
Just semantics.

"Kid" is subjective, anyway.

Well then. I am super interested in hearing what JR has to say personally now.

Maybe she was used to seeing drunk people because of her position, and was kind of immune to it.

Yeah, I totally get that.

My point though, was that being immune to the sight, why would she then remember later that it was exactly 3:38 am?

The only "report" we have of the call at 4:15 was from LS was "hearsay" from HT, since HT was not present. This is simply not anything to be considered factual. period.

A lawyer also said DR got a phone call at 4:15 am, but didn't pick it up because he was in bed.

I don't recall anyone saying what kind of condition LS was when she left JR's. I think that there were some reports that JR asked her to stay the rest of the night, but she decided to walk back to Smallwood.

IMO, further progress on this case has to come from JR. There is video evidence of LS about 2:50. Assuming she got CR back to his apartment and in his bed with the help of room mate MB and didn't visit too long there before heading to JR's, there is a bit of time before he reported her leaving. I don't know if LE has any more details what really happened during this hour or so. Based on pleas from the parents, I am thinking not very much.

I agree with this quote so much that I had to join to say so! I think that until they can get JR to talk, the case won't go anywhere. Lauren could be ANYWHERE. I follow @NewsOnLaurenS on Twitter and I love the celebrity attention she is getting;however, and I wish I could be more positive, I just don't think that anyone can solve this case except for JR. I wish beyond wishing that LE could take JR and sleep deprive him until he talks.

Personally I don't know if she OD'd or was killed, but I do not think she ever made it out of JR's place alive. It's up to him to break and tell us what really happened, but I don't think that will ever happen while he is standing behind his lawyer. All MOO.

I have also read comments from the taxi driver and thought of something today....

I have found it weird that JW would spend not even a full day searching for LS, then assume she's missing. If she's really the "party girl" that people have suggested her to be, wouldn't you think perhaps she was just off with some guy

It's my understanding that JW and friends confronted CR and JR on the (day of the) 3rd, probably after not finding LS in her apartment. When the guys she was with the night before say they don't know where she went, and her roommate tells you she never came home, the police seems clearly where you go next.

Its been reported that LS was a girl that was barely without her phone, which to me would indicate she was a frequent texter. I hope that LE is wise enough to not only look into the calls/texts she did receive, but also who *didn't* text or call her after 4am on 6/3.

If the 415 call to DR looking for her phone is true, you would think she would have called her own phone to listen for it. Before it was known to her friends that she left her phone at Kilroys, you would think those she texted regularly may have tried to get ahold of her.

I have found it weird that JW would spend not even a full day searching for LS, then assume she's missing. If she's really the "party girl" that people have suggested her to be, wouldn't you think perhaps she was just off with some guy (especially given that she'd been seen with one the night before and that maybe she and JW had broken up?) I'd think that was a possibility, at least, and if so, I would think JW WOULDN'T want to alert her parents to that scenario. I can maybe give his story more credence since he learned that she left her cell at the bar and hadn't gone back to get it, but still not convinced.

However when I read that the taxi driver said that he'd heard that LS had left before, that made me think that maybe JW knows that and perhaps that's why he jumped to the conclusion of her missing so quickly. We don't know if he went over to CR's to inquire about her, but given that someone on here said CR/MB were in a CVS and knew earlier than reported, that she was missing, one can only assume that he did. If so, he seemed to take this pretty seriously. To me, that either points to him already knowing she was gone (as in some involvement) OR he knew she'd done this before. I just do not think that most college guys would assume someone is MISSING and file a police report and call a girl's parents all b/c she left her phone in the bar.

I could be wrong.....perhaps CR was SUCH a bad influence (and why he was hit) OR perhaps he went over to CR's and learned that Lauren had gone to JR's and THAT was more concerning to JW. Maybe JW felt that LS was at harm for having been with these guys. I just feel that if LS hanging with them was that serious of a threat, there would have been more than just one punch to CR's face.....

I think that JW did report her missing early. I posted earlier that I would be both flattered and pissed if one of my friends reported me missing after such a short period of time. Hindsight is 20/20, and while to some it looks like he did a good thing by reporting her missing, it also seems like he jumped the gun a little, which in turn, looks suspicious.

I think that JW did report her missing early. I posted earlier that I would be both flattered and pissed if one of my friends reported me missing after such a short period of time. Hindsight is 20/20, and while to some it looks like he did a good thing by reporting her missing, it also seems like he jumped the gun a little, which in turn, looks suspicious.

Well he is her boyfriend. We don't really know their habits. Maybe it was unusual for her to party without him at night. Whatever he reported it early or not depends on whether she would go off somewhere and not come back until later in a day or not. If she had not done this before, then he would be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMEAMG