IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the fixation on drawing the implication of a rift in the relationship from LS and CR's being together late at night is unwarranted. Are college girls with boyfriends not supposed to have a social life, even a "party" social life, apart from their boyfriend? This seems unrecognizant of the nature of these individuals', if not most college students', social lives - we have been told by her best friends that LS had an enormous circle of friends and was a social butterfly. They have also told us she had a great relationship with her boyfriend, who appears to have a similarly wide social network.

If you believe JW's alibi at least up until 2:30AM (and we have no report that he was among the group at Smallwood at the time, though that doesn't mean 100% that he wasn't), JW was obviously insufficiently concerned about being apart, and not hearing, from his girlfriend, who he sees all the time, even late at night on a night they were supposed to meet, to go looking for her.

1. CR wasn't a friend, he was a recent acquaintance. That changes things A LOT.
If it were a good friend, she might hang out with him late, but a guy she had just met?

2. CR at the very least had his hands all over her, and possibly they were kissing, making out, etc.
(reported by a witness in one of the early articles)

3. The boyfriend's friends beat CR up, which also indicates Lauren and CR were more than just platonic friends.

1. CR wasn't a friend, he was a recent acquaintance. That changes things A LOT.
If it were a good friend, she might hang out with him late, but a guy she had just met?

2. CR at the very least had his hands all over her, and possibly they were kissing, making out, etc.

3. The boyfriend's friends beat CR up, which also indicates Lauren and CR were more than just platonic friends.

Items 1. and 3. contradict each other but suffice it to say that no one has disputed the point that LS assisted CR back to his apartment after the fight contrary to what her friends and the group wanted her to do. She bucked the trend and went out on her own. We don't know of their relationship between Indy 500 and this night. They could have been with each other several times during that interim. She's not a nun.

Items 1. and 3. contradict each other but suffice it to say that no one has disputed the point that LS assisted CR back to his apartment after the fight contrary to what her friends and the group wanted her to do. She bucked the trend and went out on her own. We don't know of their relationship between Indy 500 and this night. They could have been with each other several times during that interim. She's not a nun.

How do they contradict each other? The b/f's friends might have known CR and disliked him, saw him with JW's girl (or ex), and decided to beat him up. Or they might have not known CR either really, but still seen Lauren with another guy and beat him up for JW.

ZO lives at 10th and College and rumor is that he deals drugs....and that he was the one that punched CR. Maybe the fight wasn't about her being with CR because of JW being her boyfriend. Maybe the fight was about "why'd you let her do so much coke, etc. - you're gonna get me busted"... just thinking out loud.... maybe the fight had nothing to do with JW. Her last known location via video was around the 10 & College area in the alley/parking lot where her purse was found. Maybe ZO and whoever he was with caught up with them after Smallwood.

ZO lives at 10th and College and rumor is that he deals drugs....and that he was the one that punched CR. Maybe the fight wasn't about her being with CR because of JW being her boyfriend. Maybe the fight was about "why'd you let her do so much coke, etc. - you're gonna get me busted"... just thinking out loud.... maybe the fight had nothing to do with JW. Her last known location via video was around the 10 & College area in the alley/parking lot where her purse was found. Maybe ZO and whoever he was with caught up with them after Smallwood.

I can buy that ZO and another person or two from that group were the other ones at 5 North.

I believe you are stating as fact things that are not. The only report re CR and LS involvement that I know of said CR was paying what could be described as "inappropriate attention" to LS. Neither of us knows what that means, precisely. CR was punched once, perhaps twice. Is that "beat up"? Maybe. He was punched by one person only. That person is rumored heavily to be a friend of the boyfriend's (and to be a hothead; I think the conclusion you draw goes farther than may be warranted). The group that he was among has been described as friends of both JW and LS.

Just as an observation from reading all the comments sections (especially the anonymous, unmoderated free-for-all that is the IDS comments section)--it seems like certain commenters have gone out of their way to include ZO in all of this.

What does 2+2 equal? Or do you need the media to print it for you to know the answer?

Arithmetic does not depend on the solver's personal perspective, defined by their experience and beliefs. We are looking through two rather different lenses.

Just as an observation from reading all the comments sections (especially the anonymous, unmoderated free-for-all that is the IDS comments section)--it seems like certain commenters have gone out of their way to include ZO in all of this.

For better or worse. What would be the motives either way?

For better or worse. What would be the motives either way?

I got the feeling that maybe people felt that more attention should be paid to him (he wasn't in that first wave of POIs). But of course he may be an easy target to deflect attention to because he's a rumored hothead, amongst other unsavory things.

Hello WS! I have been lurking for awhile and decided to make a post!
If CR was attacked by some of JW friends AND this was all caught on video, why have these friend/s not been arrested for assault?

I got the feeling thatr maybe people felt that more attention should be paid to him (he wasn't in that first wave of POIs).

Right, but who and why? And I believe he was in the first wave of POIs, because LE said that POIs include everyone with whom LS had contact that night, and didn't add "that we know of" or "that we have identified." I believe they were aware of the confrontation at that point.

Some of the comments over there at IDS regarding junkies, homeless wandering about etc...where on earth would any of those people be able to take Lauren and hide her so well that more than 3 weeks later she could not be found?

She had to have been taken away in a vehicle at some point, either after something happened, or as an abduction. If she was taken off the street, chances are at least somewhat good that a video may surface...if indeed LE has 300 hours of video to review and a lot of that still remains. There should be minimal cars out on the road at 4:30AM or even at 3:30AM, if the time is "iffy". The reason the white truck was important, in my opinion, is because so few vehicles were on tape that this one stood out.

I hope that LE has lots of people reviewing these tapes this weekend, even as the searches happen today. The break has to come from video or cell phones, in my opinion, if no one is going to talk.

You know what makes me really sad? That there are so many people searching for Lauren today and they could ALL be lookIng in vain because the selfish idiot that disposed of her body won't lead them even in her general direction. (Assuming this is the case). I just picture this sick perp thinking "well, they can search all they want over there but they won't find her". Sometimes I wish cruel and unusual punishment was ok!

If CR was attacked by some of JW friends AND this was all caught on video, why have these friend/s not been arrested for assault?

I asked this same question early on. I dont get it.

I have been lurking also and wonder the same thing. This appeared in Westchester NY new paper on June 9

http://tinyurl.com/5vlvf2o

Asked what he (Salzmann) thinks happened to Spierer, he said, "I have my theory.

"I hope they follow all the leads we've given." Saltzmann said he wants police to arrest the student who punched his client.

Some of the comments over there at IDS regarding junkies, homeless wandering about etc...where on earth would any of those people be able to take Lauren and hide her so well that more than 3 weeks later she could not be found?

She had to have been taken away in a vehicle at some point, either after something happened, or as an abduction. If she was taken off the street, chances are at least somewhat good that a video may surface...if indeed LE has 300 hours of video to review and a lot of that still remains. There should be minimal cars out on the road at 4:30AM or even at 3:30AM, if the time is "iffy". The reason the white truck was important, in my opinion, is because so few vehicles were on tape that this one stood out.

I hope that LE has lots of people reviewing these tapes this weekend, even as the searches happen today. The break has to come from video or cell phones, in my opinion, if no one is going to talk.

They could have put her in the trunk and not even disposed of her until after the told the police see was missing. When there car is seen on a camera they could say they were out looking for her. Hide her and then settle down, sober up and devise a plan for disposal.

I asked this same question early on. I dont get it.

Well since CR would be the one bringing charges, just the fact that he wasn't even supposed to be in the building (he is on the list) alone makes it a murky issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem