IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adderall is just a mix of amphetamine salts.

Adderal or Ritalin an be used recreationally to boost energy, suppress appetite, etc. Some college kids refer to them as "study pills."

Wondering if anyone might know the answer to this question. Do any of the POI's in question have jobs? If so, where.

Also, in any of the construction areas in the immediate areas in town, was there concrete poured anywhere from the 3rd-7th? Just attempting to explore all angles.

Interesting and possible. But why to DR specifically? And what call did he make to HT? Is that a fact?

Maybe JR called DR to come over and bring recreational drugs before the game? MOO, I am basing this on the rumor that DR was a dealer...

Does anybody know about recreational uses for adderall (sp?) and/or prometh/codeine?

Adderall is definietely used to party as well as study. It has super speedy effects when snorted, I've heard rivaling cocaine because it lasts longer and is more readily available. Codeine is also used recreationally, people drink it as well as alcohol, intensifying the effects. IU health center gives out codeine cough syrup like candy when you're sick, I was shocked when they prescribed it to me with bronchitis. Works like a charm though... Can't say I've used it to party but know people who have. Is there some speculation about these being used, Tony? Adderall definitely increases your heart rate.

Actually they all work like speed..even the codeine,when you are not in pain it will speed you up.

Huh, not the experience I have had with codeine and have ingested plenty of it way back when. Come on Tony, this is stuff you can find on google.

Huh, not the experience I have had with codeine and have ingested plenty of it way back when. Come on Tony, this is stuff you can find on google.

Oh yeah codeine is absolutely not gonna speed you up. It's definitely a downer, codeine + adderall/coke = speed balling

Does anybody know about recreational uses for adderall (sp?) and/or prometh/codeine?

To add to what others have said. I've actually been prescribed Adderall for a many years now for ADHD. Along with Ritalin, it is a very common stimulant ADHD drug. When you have ADHD, it mostly makes your brain normal and lets you concentrate. If you don't have ADHD it works much more as an upper. From my recent experience in grad school, it is VERY COMMON among students (grad and under). Even non-partying geeks do it to help them stay up and study. If you have a prescription, you will be asked to sell your pills. Students will crush Adderall (Ritalin too) and snort it like coke. Like cocaine, it will counter the effects of alcohol and allow you to drink longer with less depressive effects. If a group of kids is into coke and xanax, it is impossible for me to believe they're not using Adderall or Ritalin also. Any more questions? I'm an expert on this.

To add to what others have said. I've actually been prescribed Adderall for a many years now for ADHD. Along with Ritalin, it is a very common stimulant ADHD drug. When you have ADHD, it mostly makes your brain normal and lets you concentrate. If you don't have ADHD it works much more as an upper. From my recent experience in grad school, it is VERY COMMON among students (grad and under). Even non-partying geeks do it to help them stay up and study. If you have a prescription, you will be asked to sell your pills. Students will crush Adderall (Ritalin too) and snort it like coke. Like cocaine, it will counter the effects of alcohol and allow you to drink longer with less depressive effects. If a group of kids is into coke and xanax, it is impossible for me to believe they're not using Adderall or Ritalin also. Any more questions? I'm an expert on this.

Oh, almost forgot ... For purposes of this case, Adderall isn't something dealers sell because it's so easy to get from normal people (and very cheap - street value is $3 a pill maximum). Kids fake ADHD to get prescriptions. Lastly, it definitely raises your heart rate and suppresses appetite.

Wondering if anyone might know the answer to this question. Do any of the POI's in question have jobs? If so, where.

Also, in any of the construction areas in the immediate areas in town, was there concrete poured anywhere from the 3rd-7th? Just attempting to explore all angles.
Jobs? I have no idea. No idea if concrete was poured on or just after June 3rd. As much as I hate to think about it, it's a good question considering the amount of construction going on in the area. Maybe one of our locals can answer.

Jobs? I have no idea. No idea if concrete was poured on or just after June 3rd. As much as I hate to think about it, it's a good question considering the amount of construction going on in the area. Maybe one of our locals can answer.

It's not a nice thought, however it's beginning to go the route that none of us wish to really think about let alone talk about. As far as Lauren being tossed into the trunk of a car and taken out of town, which really is a possibility, I'm trying to think about a person/persons that are trying to think quickly and I'm just not sure that their first thought would be to get her out of town. I'm more inclined to think they would rather have her be close enough to actually see what's going on in search areas to be certain she wouldn't be located. I may be wrong though.

I remember very early on a local, I think it was Btown, said there was construction right at College and 11th, pointing out that pedestrians have to walk in the street to get around it. Someone who lives right there and passes the corner each day would be aware of the phase of the construction. If he was really observant, he would notice if a spot was being prepared for a pour.

I remember very early on a local, I think it was Btown, said there was construction right at College and 11th, pointing out that pedestrians have to walk in the street to get around it. Someone who lives right there and passes the corner each day would be aware of the phase of the construction. If he was really observant, he would notice if a spot was being prepared for a pour.

I would think so yes. There was a construction company mentioned a few pages back today, I'll look for that. I knew I should have saved it.

The earlier post about the real reason behind the assault on CR really some merit, I think. It makes a bit more sense than these guys punching CR just because he was with LS. I believe the only information we have about the reason why this altercation took place came from CR's lawyer, did it not?

I'm getting to the point where I don't fully trust the following:

- CR's lawyer's statements about the Smallwood altercation
- MB's account of LS bringing CR home
- JR's account of LS coming to his apartment, the phone call, or her leaving his apartment

I'm also starting to wonder why the police refused to identify who LS was with in the alley at 2:51. Everyone has simply assumed it's CR, because MB's statement indicated that they showed up at the apartment a few minutes later. I've seen theories that BPD is holding this info back to try and put pressure on CR...yet if MB is already providing an alibi and CR is claiming temporary amnesia, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I still can't figure out why LS's keys were on that railing, either. There seems to be no logical reason for her to take her keys out at that point, does there?

One final thought...I'm really becoming convinced that some serious, possibly orchestrated misdirection occurred at the outset of this investigation. Given the timing of when the police started doing things, it almost appears that they jumped fully on the "random abduction" bandwagon for the first few days, before realizing that perhaps this wasn't the case. I have to think that witness statements had a lot to do with that.

Re: photo of Lauren and friend noting facial expression and body language..

I suppose it can just be chalked up to each personal view but I, in absolutely no way whatsoever see anything that would ever lead me to believe that Lauren was in any way whatsoever uncomfortable or uneasy in being in this pose arms encircling each.. Not eve n the faintest hint of body language that would in anyway indicate that she were feeling anything negative whatsoever..

My post did not describe my impression of her facial expression or body language; but merely asked that the reader make note and draw their own conclusions.

But it's interesting that your thoughts seem to follow mine exactly.

One of my theories (and please remember that a theory is not a proven statement) is that LS was unhappy in her situation, perhaps angry or depressed and left of her own accord.

And, no, this theory does not necessarily reflect negatively on her character. Different people experience life different ways. She may have been suffering in some way that we don't understand.

I believe this is a longtime friend of Lauren's and in putting myself in her shoes and already having the nightmare unfolding that my longtime friend had vanished 3 weeks ago and still there was no sign of her a d the longer the days stretch on the more I woukd come to realize that it is a very real possibility that this photo and ones like it along with memories is all that I could be left with from this longtime friend of mine.. And to be online and come across this photo of her and I where it is being accused that her body language and the look on her face in standing next to me in this photo was being stated that she was uncomfortable and uneasy with me.. Would be extremely hurtful and with what basis would such an ugly and baseless comment stem from??.. Nothing whatsoever to indicate anything even slightly similar is the case here.. I see two very happy young girls taking and posing for a photo together.. Nothing to indicate that Lauren was distrustful, scared, or even leery of any of her friends ...

Methinks thou do protest toooo much.

As of June 3, had LS completely finished all of her college assignments? Did she miss any important appointments in the week following her disappearance?

I am no longer wondering why police refused to say whether it was CR with Lauren on video. Simply put, police haven't given out any names during their press-conferences. So there is no mystery there at all-they are simply not naming persons of interest.

I read that Lauren was supposed to work in NYC again this summer as an intern at one of the major clothing stores; when was she due to leave Indiana? And what about all the others? I thought classes had been over for a while. What class did MB still have going on, summer school?
And were the guys who left intending to leave anyway when they did?
Did anyone leave town on June 3rd, I wonder, someone we don't even know about?

I read that Lauren was supposed to work in NYC again this summer as an intern at one of the major clothing stores; when was she due to leave Indiana? And what about all the others? I thought classes had been over for a while. What class did MB still have going on, summer school?
And were the guys who left intending to leave anyway when they did?
Did anyone leave town on June 3rd, I wonder, someone we don't even know about?

First summer session was still in session as of June 2 --- it didn't end until two weeks later. Not sure about the other stuff. There were unconfirmed reports that JR wasn't in classes at all, which isn't unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79