IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said earlier that JR's unit is #297, which would be the one on the far west side of the complex. Can anyone else verify that JR's unit is #297?

I think it was either Long-time Local or Analytical Examiner who said his was the end unit, west side.

I saw that there are numerous people reading threads on Lauren's disappearance here and there. And, if JW's brother is reading this and wants to speak as JW's brother and be taken seriously, he should register here and have Websleuths confirm his identity. And that is what I am talking about with regard to being verifiable. Otherwise it is just speculative and shouldn't be stated definitively that this individual is JW's brother -- certainly not a 100% level of being definitive.

I also think a response should have been waited for from the Mods before posting all of that from the other site and no one should be surprised if all those posts get pulled. It is my understanding regarding the TOS that we can each speculate all we want but we aren't supposed to bring over rumors from other sites.

So I'm not going to engage in this speculation any further. Just wanted to make the important point that stating that something is 100% definitive should have verifiable proof.

From Salem:

Also, a link may and should be provided. If the link comes up with asteriks in the title, that means it is NOT allowed on WS. There are many reasons for that but what is important to note is that the link may not be posted here.

Also remember - all blog info is considered rumor unless the blog has been verified. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it, it means you can't treat it as fact.

If I remember correctly people were looking at the wrong block - the one AFTER 11th and college. As I said it was not taken exactly from where he could have been standing, at the same time or of a person wearing a white shirt.

No definitive answer can be made here by anyone as to whether or not it was possible he could see.

Honest question and not to be snide but do you think that LE has not checked his story by standing where he said he was standing?

Of course I think LE has checked out his story. Sorry I must have been mistaken about the pic.

If the answer to this case lies within the current POIs, the first POI to talk will have all the cards, relative to the others IMO. Someone will end up talking.

I stated these feelings before, but if it's not the POIs, all this silence and circling of the wagons is making it far harder for LE to find out what happened.

Someone knows what happened to her :(

I finally entered bath, got all register, tried to activate my account and after ALL of that, I got this message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." LOL Oh well!

The thing that SHOCKS me is why the heck is his brother saying anything? You'd think that JR's attorney would be telling him AND his family to keep their mouths shut. Yes, this may be a kid but good Lord, doesn't he care about his brother? The FIRST thing that an attorney will tell you is to SHUT UP - guilty or innocent. JR shouldn't really even be talking about things to his brother - he needs to listen to legal advice that he's surely being given. And if he does chose to talk to his brother, you'd think that the brother would be told strictly how damaging it can be to JR if he talks. These kids are seriously stupid these days for thinking that what they put out there online isn't traceable/readable.

The guy got really defensive and upset and e-mailed me saying that I should tell my "people" that he deleted the thread and that you don't need to register to lurk anymore.

I finally entered bath, got all register, tried to activate my account and after ALL of that, I got this message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." LOL Oh well!

The thing that SHOCKS me is why the heck is his brother saying anything? You'd think that JR's attorney would be telling him AND his family to keep their mouths shut. Yes, this may be a kid but good Lord, doesn't he care about his brother? The FIRST thing that an attorney will tell you is to SHUT UP - guilty or innocent. JR shouldn't really even be talking about things to his brother - he needs to listen to legal advice that he's surely being given. And if he does chose to talk to his brother, you'd think that the brother would be told strictly how damaging it can be to JR if he talks. These kids are seriously stupid these days for thinking that what they put out there online isn't traceable/readable.

It is NOT JR's borther, it is Jesse's, the boyfriend... he said he was venting to people he knew and feels bad that he can't even open up to anyone without everyone talking about his family's life. Well... hello, it's the internet.

If I remember correctly people were looking at the wrong block - the one AFTER 11th and college. As I said it was not taken exactly from where he could have been standing, at the same time or of a person wearing a white shirt.

No definitive answer can be made here by anyone as to whether or not it was possible he could see.

Honest question and not to be snide but do you think that LE has not checked his story by standing where he said he was standing?

I don't believe you're correct. There is no block after 11th and college. For instance, there's no "12th and College". The picture being referred to was correct.

The entryways for the townhomes are recessed about 2-3 feet from the sidewalk.

If he was in the west end apartment, he would've had to lean pretty far out the window to see much further than half a block.

I think it was either Long-time Local or Analytical Examiner who said his was the end unit, west side.

There were pics in the Herald Times showing CR/MB apt door, and JR apt two doors down on the corner (4 story tower on west end).

Can anyone with more experience than me answer the following?

- Do the Spierers have enough for a wrongful death suit, or would they need a body?
- Does the criminal investigation need to be over before you can file a civil suit?
- It seems the LE has/had enough evidence to make a few drug arrests here, or at least probable cause searches. What are reasons they wouldn't arrest someone on drug charges just to get them back to Bloomington?

Of course I think LE has checked out his story. Sorry I must have been mistaken about the pic.

These are the right pictures, and you can make a reasonable assumption on what someone would likely see or not see up over the hill in the dark from a window. The picture looking up the street is taken from outside the apt, on the sidewalk, that is on the West most side of the complex.
zsp9ub.jpg

htgrj6.jpg

^see the half wall up the sidewalk, at the top of the small hill^, right above that is a tiny white one way sign. You can barely see it....IN THE LIGHT. LS would have been just a bit further than that, and not nearly as tall as the sign. And it was dark. So, I think it's a fair assumption to say he couldn't see her turn that corner, and LE has not said either way that they confirm his version. FWIW.

I don't believe you're correct. There is no block after 11th and college. For instance, there's no "12th and College". The picture being referred to was correct.

If he was in the west end apartment, he would've had to lean pretty far out the window to see much further than half a block.

I was talking about 11th and Walnut not 12th and College.

The distance between his apartment from the picture posted to 11th and College was not a New York City block if that is what you mean by a block.

No, I think you are mistaken. The picture in question contained a white vehicle, that was most likely parked further up, or possibly even at the intersection of 11th and Walnut. When questioned about it, the poster of the picture corrected the questioner and brought our focus much closer to the actual intersection, at the end of the construction, and where the signal light is located. 11th does not seem to end at College on google maps either.

The photos by Btown we've discussed on this site are of 11th and College. In fact, there is no block after 11th. It skips several. Perhaps you are confusing it with another site.

One rule I am sure of here at WS is that you can and should alert (report) any post you feel is violating terms of service by hitting that little red triangle in the right corner of the post...

It is NOT JR's borther, it is Jesse's, the boyfriend... he said he was venting to people he knew and feels bad that he can't even open up to anyone without everyone talking about his family's life. Well... hello, it's the internet.

Ah, yes, I did know that you had referred to JW's brother. Sorry, that was a case of "mistaken initials" :) It's so hard to keep everyone straight. I was writing JR but THINKING JW.

Since you've provided the link, which was within the rules someone posted above, and since you've stated that it contained rumors, can you please share with us what the kid's comments were? Thanks.

These are the right pictures, and you can make a reasonable assumption on what someone would likely see or not see up over the hill in the dark from a window. The picture looking up the street is taken from outside the apt, on the sidewalk, that is on the West most side of the complex.
zsp9ub.jpg

htgrj6.jpg

^see the half wall up the sidewalk, at the top of the small hill^, right above that is a tiny white one way sign. You can barely see it....IN THE LIGHT. LS would have been just a bit further than that, and not nearly as tall as the sign. And it was dark. So, I think it's a fair assumption to say he couldn't see her turn that corner, and LE has not said either way that they confirm his version. FWIW.

I think you are looking at the wrong spot. She would have turned right past that wall the one way sign is on the other side of College.

The building on the North side is on the EAST side of College Ave. The opposite side of the street and it is very clear.

However, as someone else said he could have been standing in the doorway.

how is it a fair assumption to say he couldn't see her turn the corner IF LE has NOT confirmed either way?

I would think it is a fair assumption to say WE DO NOT KNOW.

I was talking about 11th and Walnut not 12th and College.

The distance between his apartment from the picture posted to 11th and College was not a New York City block if that is what you mean by a block.

The pictures I was referring to were just re-posted by kissdegirl, so if those are different pictures than you had in mind, perhaps that's the issue.

Regardless of whether it's a "New York City block" (who cares?), the only way he could've watched her round the corner at 11th and College going south would be:

- Standing outside his doorway
- Running up to the second or third level where MAYBE he could see all the way to the corner, in the dark (but probably not, given the angle and the distance)

May not be anything but it stood out to me..

Was just on the Spierer's website findlauren.com and this is stated:
Lauren has been missing since early Friday morning, June 3rd, and was last seen on
11th St. and College Ave. in Bloomington, IN at 4:15 A.M.. Did you see Lauren that night?

They have her rounding the corner of 11th/College at 4:15am which would make it impossible that Lauren was the one that placed the 4:15am call to DR from Jay's.. FWIW

From Salem:

From Salem:

Also, a link may and should be provided. If the link comes up with asteriks in the title, that means it is NOT allowed on WS. There are many reasons for that but what is important to note is that the link may not be posted here.

Also remember - all blog info is considered rumor unless the blog has been verified. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it, it means you can't treat it as fact.

I'm not sure that's in response to this particular issue. If it is, great.

Also important, that all blog info should be considered rumor unless it is verified as fact. Falling under this aegis would be the comments that continue to definitively state that a poster is someone's brother when that has not been verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18