IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think. But MSM says he said he watched her from his window.

No, MSM reported that HT said that about him. They have also reported it as "walking a little bit with her and then watching her walk up the street"/ I cannot give you a link at the moment but it was as a question in a press conference I believe the one on the 9th.

And now MSM reports that he has given a statement and passed a polygraph. Se link in post a few posts upthread.

In a response released Monday afternoon, James Voyles, the high-profile Indianapolis defense attorney representing Rosenbaum, said his client has fully cooperated with the investigation.

"He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities," the statement read. "Mr. Rosenbaum hopes for nothing less than Lauren to be found and to be safe."

http://www.localwireless.com/wap/ne...3882212&cid=52&scid=-1&title=Local+News&ith=0

PROVIDED statements?

PROVIDED a passed polygraph?

To me, this is not-cooperating. IMO

I could type up anything and turn it into the LE. Doesn't make it true....

Thank you. I can't register though because I don't know how to complete that song during the registration process "....Hurt Bird"??? What do I write?

LOL! I had the same problem. I googled hurt bird and umphrey's (my son is a huge fan) and it's hurt bird BATH. Bath is what you put in. And I entered any track number.

Good point - that would seem like the logical thing to do. If he didn't watch her from the street, though, here's another idea: I just noticed on the floor plan that there is a "Juliet Balcony" on the second floor of his unit. He could have opened the doors to this very small balcony and watched her from there...seems much easier than leaning out of a window.

http://currydevelopment.com/5north/floorplans_unit297_2f.html

But MSM has reported him as saying from his window. So my question about the balcony is what did he do? See her to the door, close the door, then run up to the second floor to watch her from the balcony. Crazy. :crazy:

Gabby,
You write Bath, but I can't get to the link provided. Can someone point to the place tofind this. Let me know if you can link to it.

Fill in the Url address into your web browser site once you get into bort. It's umder the "What Really Grinds My Gears: thread.

PROVIDED statements?

PROVIDED a passed polygraph?

To me, this is not-cooperating. IMO

I could type up anything and turn it into the LE. Doesn't make it true....

Right?! Are we all clear now? Sheesh. The atty sure cleared that up.

Please post the links to his posts with date stamps made months and years before Lauren's disappearance in which he said he was JW's brother at those times and dates.

Just having been a prior member only proves that the individual was a prior member.

I also read most of the threads over there and did not see anyone say they know him personally and know him to be JW's brother. And, even if they did -- which could be the case since I didn't read everything -- that still is not proof of identity since it could be a prank.

Well I just went back there to prove it was him and I cannot access the link anymore. I got an email from the guy:

"Don't tell me you registered here to lurk on the thread about my brother's girlfriend".

Seems like someone is lurking at websleuths.

No, MSM reported that HT said that about him. They have also reported it as "walking a little bit with her and then watching her walk up the street"/ I cannot give you a link at the moment but it was as a question in a press conference I believe the one on the 9th.

And now MSM reports that he has given a statement and passed a polygraph. Se link in post a few posts upthread.

That is an important distinction. Thanks. But it's no different than everything else HT has said about him, the 4:15 phone call, etc.

Well I just went back there to prove it was him and I cannot access the link anymore. I got an email from the guy:

"Don't tell me you registered here to lurk on the thread about my brother's girlfriend".

Seems like someone is lurking at websleuths.

I saw that there are numerous people reading threads on Lauren's disappearance here and there. And, if JW's brother is reading this and wants to speak as JW's brother and be taken seriously, he should register here and have Websleuths confirm his identity. And that is what I am talking about with regard to being verifiable. Otherwise it is just speculative and shouldn't be stated definitively that this individual is JW's brother -- certainly not a 100% level of being definitive.

I also think a response should have been waited for from the Mods before posting all of that from the other site and no one should be surprised if all those posts get pulled. It is my understanding regarding the TOS that we can each speculate all we want but we aren't supposed to bring over rumors from other sites.

So I'm not going to engage in this speculation any further. Just wanted to make the important point that stating that something is 100% definitive should have verifiable proof.

From what I can tell, benzos (usually Xanax) was a drug commonly used by that group. Mixed with alcohol, it can lead to memory loss (like what CR suffered perhaps) and "severe" intoxication but it does not normally lead to fatal OD's when combined with alcohol as other depressants do (particularly opiates). Cocaine also is not known for serious adverse reactions with alcohol. It is true however, that "atypical" reactions can occur, particularly in people with other medical conditions (like heart trouble).

Among former junkies I have know there are many stories of dealing with the problem of someone OD'ing in your home. Usually, bodies are put in dumpsters or places where they would be found and only far enough from the place where they died so that LE wouldn't make the connection. There really isn't any reason to transport the body a long distance or conceal the body; in fact it would be counterproductive; you wouldn't want a "routine" OD to turn into missing person/murder investigation. Still, this crowd was hardly made up of hardened criminal who would figure that all out.

Capt Q seemed to "play down" the whole story of the "Dark skinned stranger" but the explanation that the "time of the sighting was off" doesn't sound right. This is a woman who just got off work. She would know what time it was. Unless there is some compelling reason to dismiss that report, (and I would expect it to be disclosed) I bet BPD is still checking out the lead. Incidentally, there is a person in B'town who might resemble that "Dark skinned stranger" who has close ties to one of the "second tier POI's.

The above "thoughts" don't rule out the OD theory but they do add a little weight to the "stranger abduction" theory. I keep coming back to the possibility that JR and perhaps others lied about the TIME and Condition of LS when she did leave his townhouse but not the fact that she did leave on her own. They may have not wanted to admit that they let an extremely inebriated girl walk home alone and possibly to her death.

lol! Like that helps a lot. JR passed "a" polygraph. Doesn't say anything about him passing LE's polygraph. Not aimed at the poster, but the atty.

Right- a polygraph that has been provided to LE, not given by LE, FWIW

I drove by 5 North again earlier today. Two things:

1) There are no back entrances/exits. The ground level is parking, with the spots running parallel to the wall.

2) If JR's apartment is the very last one on the east side, then there is a SMALL window that appears to overlook the intersection --- it's visible from the SE corner of 11th and College. It appears to be between floors, almost like a stairwell window.

Someone (BTown?) posted a pic taken in front of JR's apt looking down to corner. I don't think he could have seen her at the corner...too dark. I think he lied about seeing her leave, either to look better to her friends because he was passed out/didn't care; or because she died (OD?) in his apt.

If I remember correctly people were looking at the wrong block - the one AFTER 11th and college. As I said it was not taken exactly from where he could have been standing, at the same time or of a person wearing a white shirt.

No definitive answer can be made here by anyone as to whether or not it was possible he could see.

Honest question and not to be snide but do you think that LE has not checked his story by standing where he said he was standing?

1) There are no back entrances/exits. The ground level is parking, with the spots running parallel to the wall.

2) If JR's apartment is the very last one on the east side, then there is a SMALL window that appears to overlook the intersection --- it's visible from the SE corner of 11th and College. It appears to be between floors, almost like a stairwell window.

Someone said earlier that JR's unit is #297, which would be the one on the far west side of the complex. Can anyone else verify that JR's unit is #297?

In a response released Monday afternoon, James Voyles, the high-profile Indianapolis defense attorney representing Rosenbaum, said his client has fully cooperated with the investigation.

"He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities," the statement read. "Mr. Rosenbaum hopes for nothing less than Lauren to be found and to be safe."

http://www.localwireless.com/wap/ne...3882212&cid=52&scid=-1&title=Local+News&ith=0

It seems that his attorney needs to clarify the issue better than that. This statement in some ways creates more questions than it answers. "passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities" ? Does that mean that he had a polygraph test administered by a private investigator? Why not by the police?

While checking to see if there are back doors to their vehicles parked behind 5 North (no garages, btw), I looked at the floor plan and see NO EAST-FACING WINDOW to 11th and College. omg. Flame me all you want, but JR did not see LS round the corner by opening his north-facing window. Who does that?!

http://currydevelopment.com/5north/floorplans_unit297_4f.html

Why does it have to be East facing? Why couldn't it be North?

If I look out my west facing window I can see West, North and South if I lean out.

His unit is on the west side, the end unit with one extra floor.

I finally entered bath, got all register, tried to activate my account and after ALL of that, I got this message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." LOL Oh well!

The thing that SHOCKS me is why the heck is his brother saying anything? You'd think that JR's attorney would be telling him AND his family to keep their mouths shut. Yes, this may be a kid but good Lord, doesn't he care about his brother? The FIRST thing that an attorney will tell you is to SHUT UP - guilty or innocent. JR shouldn't really even be talking about things to his brother - he needs to listen to legal advice that he's surely being given. And if he does chose to talk to his brother, you'd think that the brother would be told strictly how damaging it can be to JR if he talks. These kids are seriously stupid these days for thinking that what they put out there online isn't traceable/readable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18