IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
forgive me if any of this has been said as I have not read all the posts.

--snip--
so John Doe calls Jack Doe and says "oh s--t, Lauren is not responding, there's something seriously wrong with her". I would think Jack Doe would say "call an ambulance" or "hide or flush the drugs then call an ambulance".

I doubt John Doe would ask Jack Doe to help him dispose of a body without knowing what the reaction would be as Jack Doe could easily say "are you f-----g nuts?" and at that point, John Doe's intentions are exposed without a helper. while it is not impossible, I find it hard to believe that even these spoiled brats would have a meeting of the minds at 4 a.m. to work together to ditch a body. even more hard for me to believe is that they could do it without anyone having spilled the beans by now.
--snip--

I 100% agree with this line of reasoning. How many people do you know that you could trust enough to call at 4:30 Am to come help you (and not rat you out instead???)
heck of a risk to call in anyone imho

As far as I know, Natalee Holloway is still missing. So presumably the body has been disposed somewhere and yet no one said where it is.
So I don't subscribe to the logic that it's not possible to call someone and ask for help with the disposal.

As far as I know, Natalee Holloway is still missing. So presumably the body has been disposed somewhere and yet no one said where it is.
So I don't subscribe to the logic that it's not possible to call someone and ask for help with the disposal.

there was an ocean there and no cameras.

Well if you think that cameras would be able to catch everything, then where is LS? I doubt it was alien abduction.

I am still kind of clinging to that 300 hours of video...that maybe it has not all been reviewed...would be glad to help them :)

I 100% agree with this line of reasoning. How many people do you know that you could trust enough to call at 4:30 Am to come help you (and not rat you out instead???)
heck of a risk to call in anyone imho

Perhaps an anonymous friend from out of town?

From what I understand, one of the POIs that the blog-and-forum-o-sphere is most suspicious of left so soon after she was reported missing, that there have been speculations that he left with her in his vehicle.

I have not heard about LE knocking on his door, or anyone else's, to search anything. Doesn't mean it didn't happen ... but I think we would have heard about it.

"We’ve had a lot of cooperation with the persons of interest," Parker said, adding that police have also searched the apartments of the friends last seen with Spierer.

Lt. Parker doesn't name names here, but I think we can infer "friends last seen with" includes JR.

Perhaps an anonymous friend from out of town?

well, if you were in that situation, it would be awfully convenient to have an anonymous friend from out of town already there visiting you, and already smack in the middle of the situation. still hard for me to believe you would CALL someone that was up until then uninvolved.

It's not actually necessary to ask anyone for help to begin with. Whoever did it could have disposed of the body without any help. Remember Scott Peterson went "fishing" all on his own.

The call to DR is the most interesting to me...why would JR call him at 4:15AM, if all was well? And I still don't really understand why LS would call him about her phone at that hour, if she did, rather than just go home and ask him in person. Or dial the number of her phone to see if it was someplace at JR's.

Phone records should tell a story...also, with luck, pings. But I think they would have all this info by now so it is depressing if none of it is moving this case forward at all.

there should be a record of all calls made by all the players here.

Interesting route to consider. But you know how grave the situation is and you might just depend on your friend to go as far with her as he can. You know she is gone by 4:00am but you claim to see her at 4:30, knowing she was long gone, and that your anonymous friend is now somewhat covered. No calls necessary, really. Just some kind of nod. If DB was involved, perhaps, the nod was made to him.

It's not actually necessary to ask anyone for help to begin with. Whoever did it could have disposed of the body without any help. Remember Scott Peterson went "fishing" all on his own.

But if your friend is there, why not?

I am still kind of clinging to that 300 hours of video...that maybe it has not all been reviewed...would be glad to help them :)

Me too. Would be glad to review all the video available.

AND, if your friend is there and you are about to do something unbelievably horrid and not to mention illegal, then he better be at least in agreement and helping, or there would be too much risk of him turning you in, imho.

forgive me if any of this has been said as I have not read all the posts.

I can certainly believe that given Lauren's general medical problems and her state of intoxication that night, she experienced some sort of medical emergency. having said that, I am trying to play a script in my mind, keeping in mind all the actors have been partying and there is a very short window of time to act or react.

without reference to particular males as I can't be certain whom she was with at any time besides what's found on videos, suppose she is at John Doe's apt when she has her medical emergency. I can see John Doe panicking. does John Doe act alone and dispose of a body without calling anyone? possible but not likely IMO.

I agree with you on this. While an accidental OD is possible, anything is possible!, I've never found it to be a very likely scenario of what happened that night. Among other things, the logistics just don't make sense. These kids may indeed do drugs and be self absorbed jerks but they are far from hardened criminals. LS has a heart attack or other severe reaction to drugs which cause her to die and they what? Check her pulse and are like oops, she's dead let's move her body. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't seek medicial attn and at least try to save her life, unless possibly they found her dead the next morning - where she would be very obviously deceased but wouldn't give them much time to act.

I know it's possible but I have never bought into this theory at all in this particular case.
so John Doe calls Jack Doe and says "oh s--t, Lauren is not responding, there's something seriously wrong with her". I would think Jack Doe would say "call an ambulance" or "hide or flush the drugs then call an ambulance".

I doubt John DOe would ask Jack Doe to help him dispose of a body without knowing what the reation would be as Jack Doe could easily say "are you f-----g nuts?" and at that point, John Doe's intentions are exposed without a helper. whie it is not impossible, I find it hard to believe that even these spoiled brats would have a meeting of the minds at 4 a.m. to work together to ditch a body. even more hard for me to believe is that they could do it without anyone having spilled the beans by now.

I will assume, and I know the pitfalls of that, that LE has checked their vehicles. without getting graphic I believe (although am not sure) that a freshly deceased person in this situation would emit some sort of bodily fluid such as vomit, or other bodily functions if lying dead in a car. even if they undertook such an endeavor, the clean up would be apparent, if in fact the vehicles were checked.

a dumpster is a diferent story, which is where the body of Andrew Compton was supposedly dumped after his death. however, with cameras in the area, one or two intoxicated males could easily be seen by cameras dragging or carrying a body-sized object to a dumpster.

so the

The call to DR is the most interesting to me...why would JR call him at 4:15AM, if all was well? And I still don't really understand why LS would call him about her phone at that hour, if she did, rather than just go home and ask him in person. Or dial the number of her phone to see if it was someplace at JR's.

Phone records should tell a story...also, with luck, pings. But I think they would have all this info by now so it is depressing if none of it is moving this case forward at all.

this is a fascinating aspect. the call was and is traceable so if something criminal happened, these two run the risk of the other cracking, which usually does happen eventually.

if, however, the call was as described, then she was still alive at 4:15, and the call does not mean all that much. if she was alive at 4:15, that narrows the window down even more and with sunrise right around the corner, it gives very little recation time to do something crazy like dump a body and even less time to coordinate it with another.

Especially if they feel equally culpable/alarmed/scared, etc...you'd be in it together kinda thing...

I posted this before, and as much as I hate to, will do so again...when my husband was in college in Vegas two decades ago, a girl passed out from too much cocaine at the apartment he shared with several other guys. Some of them thought she was dead and he said it was only minutes before talk turned to the possibility of disposing of her, driving to Hoover Dam, all kinds of wild talk. Lucky for her, she woke up before these great minds came to any decisions but he said it was incredible how quickly these "normal" guys (granted, not exactly sober) got to a place where they even discussed it. Worse, he also said that one guy even thought that the friend that had come along with the passed-out girl had to "go" too, since she was a threat. So some of these clowns were considering not only disposing of a body but also possible murder, in order to protect their futures...so nothing would surprise me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member