IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND, if your friend is there and you are about to do something unbelievably horrid and not to mention illegal, then he better be at least in agreement and helping, or there would be too much risk of him turning you in, imho.

He's visiting, you are panicked and everything happens too quickly. He is detached from the scene and bailing out a friend. - I've just always believed that she was dead between 3:15 and 4:00. I can not believe that she lost phone, keys, purse (credit/debit cards & cash?) and was still walking/talking/thinking. So I've never bought JR's tale. And I think he'd be covering for a friend who helped him.

As far as the polygraph goes, it's not admissable in court, nor are they accurate. As far as HT goes, just let her keep talking.

It's not 100% accurate. That doesn't mean it's inaccurate. And it's inadmissible in court because we have a right to trial by a jury of one's peers, not by polygraph - you don't want the jury to substitute the test's judgment for its own.

Those who have cars, even the visitor would have had to take streets that have cameras. Can a local, or anyone who may know more than I, tell us if they could have taken another route out of town where cameras wouldn't have been able to capture their departure?

Well, if Gary Ridgway could pass it, there is much to be said for inaccuracy.

I'd like to think the testing is better than 25 years ago or so...but still, point taken. I think a lot of it for LE is who is willing to take it more than the results, sometimes. Like asking for the DNA, sort of.

Well according to his lawyer, that "traumatic event" would be the punch in the head CR suffered while in Smallwood.

The traumatic event I'm referring to has nothing to do with "HIM" being punched in the face.

In looking at a map of Bloomington, as far as a way out of town.

Going North, Griffy Lake and reservoir isn't that far, North Dunn St, which in my estimation needs to be searched.
search1.jpg

this is a fascinating aspect. the call was and is traceable so if something criminal happened, these two run the risk of the other cracking, which usually does happen eventually.

if, however, the call was as described, then she was still alive at 4:15, and the call does not mean all that much. if she was alive at 4:15, that narrows the window down even more and with sunrise right around the corner, it gives very little recation time to do something crazy like dump a body and even less time to coordinate it with another.
I can't help but wonder if that phone call had not taken place, would we ever have known LS went to JR's apartment after she left CR/MB's place.

ETA: I'm pretty sure phone records will show if the call was answered. If it wasn't, as his lawyer claims, DR's in the clear.

Those who have cars, even the visitor would have had to take streets that have cameras. Can a local, or anyone who may know more than I, tell us if they could have taken another route out of town where cameras wouldn't have been able to capture their departure?

Though they have been a big focus in this investigation, cameras are fairly sparse, being only around the apartment complexes at 10th and College, 10th and Morton, and Smallwood at 8th and College. Unless there are some unpublicized cameras at some of the construction sites, you could go any direction from 5 North without detection.

The article this morning said that MB was in the initial group partying at JR's...I thought his lawyer said he was busy all evening writing those two papers? This was before Lauren set off again, this time for the bar.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...Spierer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

This may be repeating an earlier, inaccurate report. However, the lawyer also said MB had never been in any trouble before, though in fact he's had at least a drinking citation. Could be reputation management for someone who had no real involvement, or something else.

I don't think the fact that MB supposedly stopped by JR's apartment with CR before CR and LS took off is inconsistent with the idea that he was working on two papers. He could have taken a little break. Although I wouldn't be surprised if MB isn't as angelic as his lawyer is portraying him to be.

Though they have been a big focus in this investigation, cameras are fairly sparse, being only around the apartment complexes at 10th and College, 10th and Morton, and Smallwood at 8th and College. Unless there are some unpublicized cameras at some of the construction sites, you could go any direction from 5 North without detection.

Ok, what about at the Griffy Reservoir, any cams around there that you know of?

We also learned today another huge piece of news -- JR had an out of town friend visiting that night.
(or maybe it's just new to me)

We know nothing about this guy ... strange.

I agree with you on this, in that I think it's pretty big too. This friend was staying at JR's place, and JR was supposedly the last to see LS. I would say JR and his buddy were the last...a hometown buddy.

Another friend from Rosenbaum's hometown was also staying at the apartment, said Tamir, who has spoken to Rohn and Rosenbaum.

Capt. Qualters did not respond to inquiries Friday about whether police were aware of, or had interviewed, Rosenbaum's visitor.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...-nets-few-leads?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

How much searching has LE done between Bloomington and Indianapolis? Anyone have that handy or know since they're local?

Some more bits of info from HT, from the same article above.
...(HT) said she's told police everything she knows. She says her female friends have told police what they know as well...

..."I know us girls have told them everything we know," Tamir said, "and we wish there was more to tell. But we just don't know much about what happened since we weren't there that night, unfortunately."

Listening and reading I for some reason am not seeing what the people here are seeing.

I am not seeing a focus that has turned completely onto the acquaintances of LS.

I am seeing that the public is being asked to not give up hope.

LS could still have been kidnapped and the reason the town area is being searched again is for clues.

Anything small could be big.

What if her friends didn't dump her body which appears to be the only conclusion left here.

What if the LE only was focusing on the friends and the person who did it struck again?

Any ways I have a question.

Has anyone ever been found as a result of Web Sleuths?

The article this morning said that MB was in the initial group partying at JR's...I thought his lawyer said he was busy all evening writing those two papers? This was before Lauren set off again, this time for the bar.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110626/LOCAL/106260358/Following-last-known-steps-Lauren-Spierer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I'm not sure if MB's lawyer said he was writing term papers al night, but this article implies only DR, and not MB, was with LS in the earlier part of the night.
Bloomington attorney Ron Chapman confirmed Friday that one of his clients socialized with Spierer for a period of time before her disappearance. Chapman said Friday Indiana University student and Smallwood resident David Rohn “was with her that night for a little bit.” Rohn has spoken with police, he said.

Rossman and Beth are roommates at 5 North Townhomes. Attorneys for both students confirmed they saw Spierer that night. Rossman was with Spierer at Kilroy’s Sports bar, after which the two walked to Smallwood. Rossman reported he was injured in an altercation at Smallwood, but remembers nothing about the event.

Chapman says Beth was at the townhome writing two papers when Spierer visited.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.327394.sto

Listening and reading I for some reason am not seeing what the people here are seeing.

I am not seeing a focus that has turned completely onto the acquaintances of LS.

I am seeing that the public is being asked to not give up hope.

LS could still have been kidnapped and the reason the town area is being searched again is for clues.

Anything small could be big.

What if her friends didn't dump her body which appears to be the only conclusion left here.

What if the LE only was focusing on the friends and the person who did it struck again?

Any ways I have a question.

Has anyone ever been found as a result of Web Sleuths?

BBM

I'm not sure about any missing people being found as a result, but authorities HAVE identified previously (sometimes long) unidentified people with the direct help of people here at WS and have acknowledged them as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay