IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't shoot the messenger lol. I was only posting a link to an article. I don't have an opinion either way.

Sorry I really am not shooting anyone personally. After all I wouldn't know you if you were standing next to me.

IMO that is the problem.

I think if people had to post in known IDs they might think more about what they post.

Then again that reporter has their name on that article and it is as clear as mud who gave them the info.

I heard that LS dad was upset that he was being misquoted.

He is such an incredible person to be so gracious in a time like this.

Those parents are an incredible role model to everyone.

FWIW, I have no idea what happened. I'm open to most possibilities. For example, clearly LS had a potent cocktail of drugs on board the night she disappeared, but without knowing more specifics, including her use history, I can't be sure that it killed her.

I am sorry but I missed the "clearly LS had a potent cocktail of drugs on board the night she disappeared".

I have not seen any evidence of what she did or did not take or drink and conflicting reports.

Did LE make this statement?

sniped to save space:
I am also entirely on the fence.

I'm probably leaning more towards a stranger abduction. I haven't read anything in MSM or anywhere else that points towards Lauren's group of friends.

Like you, I'm on the fence too - what adds to my thinking about stranger abduction is all the times when I've seen the TV Show Campus PD featuring the Bloomington college party scene at night with young people drunk and stumbling - and oh so very vulnerable!

Despite the job the campus PD was doing in trying get those under the influence off the streets, it was amazing how many parties and bars had something going on....

I also got the impression that those who needed help were left by their "friends" to walk home alone!

I have no direct ties to LS or her family or her friends.

My daughter goes to IU and knows JR.

I am basically just trying to keep honesty alive here. I have zero inside information.

Facts are facts and rumors are rumors which should not be reported as facts.

I also thank the Spierers for being the decent people they are and not making this a public witch hunt. It is not them pointing fingers at other people. They are pleading for information to try and find out what has happened.

It is so incredibly heart breaking that I so hope that there is no-one holding back information that will help break this case.

Especially when there are so many ways to submit it anonymously.

<modsnip>

The Rosenbaums could be just as gracious and have their son stand in front of the Spierers and tell them face to face that he saw their daughter walk on her own two feet to the corner of 11th and college.
Don't flame me. The decent thing to do for these poor grieving parents. What does it hurt if its the truth. Legally necessary no, humane yes.

At least she got it correct that it was something that friends of the family said however her headline of NOT talking is not supported by what she says in the article.

<sigh>

Wouldn't it be nice if reporters were held accountable for their stories.

Speaking of the good all days ...when you could trust what was being reported was true, accurate, and not about having to sell papers or keep up with the other reporters.

Oh and it is John Q's Public's fault for wanting this type of gossiping ...oooops I mean reporting.

IMO and not referring to anyone here...just John Q Public.

Sorry I really am not shooting anyone personally. After all I wouldn't know you if you were standing next to me.

IMO that is the problem.

I think if people had to post in known IDs they might think more about what they post.

Then again that reporter has their name on that article and it is as clear as mud who gave them the info.

I heard that LS dad was upset that he was being misquoted.

He is such an incredible person to be so gracious in a time like this.

Those parents are an incredible role model to everyone.

I'm one who has been leaning toward stranger abduction from the beginning. What we are hearing about JR has my hinky meter up a bit, but really, I have no clue.

The Rosenbaums could be just as gracious and have their son stand in front of the Spierers and tell them face to face that he saw their daughter walk on her own two feet to the corner of 11th and college.
Don't flame me. The decent thing to do for these poor grieving parents. What does it hurt if its the truth. Legally necessary no, humane yes.

You do not know that he has not. I read that JR was helping man the phones the next day.

All you have is rumors.

I am not flaming you ...don't be so touchy. I am just asking that people stick to the truth.

IF it doesn't come from LE then it is not verifiable fact.

And even if it does it is not verifiable fact until it has been through a legal trial.

Even then juries make mistakes.

I'm one who has been leaning toward stranger abduction from the beginning. What we are hearing about JR has my hinky meter up a bit, but really, I have no clue.

Its kind of funny b/c it has my hinky meter up as well but for a different reason.

If LE announced he was not co-operating and refusing to talk then my meter would quickly turn to really, really ticked off at JR.

I have no direct ties to LS or her family or her friends.

My daughter goes to IU and knows JR.

I am basically just trying to keep honesty alive here. I have zero inside information.

Facts are facts and rumors are rumors which should not be reported as facts.

I also thank the Spierers for being the decent people they are and not making this a public witch hunt. It is not them pointing fingers at other people. They are pleading for information to try and find out what has happened.

It is so incredibly heart breaking that I so hope that there is no-one holding back information that will help break this case.

Especially when there are so many ways to submit it anonymously.

<modsnip>

I think we have debated and discussed many angles here over the past 3 weeks, many of which did not include any of her friends. The thing is, when all other leads and info start drying up and the parents are saying friends need to come forward and the media reports certain people are not cooperating, I am led to pay more attention to those who have admitted to seeing her just before she disappeared. Maybe this is a stranger abduction, or maybe someone she knows was stalking her and the friends from that night are just victims of being in the wrong place at the wrong time so they are now associated with this case. But so much has been implied about a lack of cooperation that it keeps leading me back to those who saw her last.

Quoted earlier post of mine, please please listen to the press conference in this link

Please, if you have any doubt that LE has said they have spoken to JR, listen to the press conference.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/india...-25510222.html

Any doubt should be erased. LE has at one time claimed that they have spoken to JR. They may not want us to know this anymore, but at one time it was made known to us. Even the Media person knew enough about JR since during questioning asked about the acquaintance who "walked her a little ways and watched her walk away up the street". It is discussed over several sentences. I'm not good at transcribing, but it is obviously JR's claim of her leaving and "he watched her walk up the street to make sure she was ok"

ETA: link isn't working, nor is the orginal. I suspect it has been removed from the website. It was a ress conference in the early days and I will try and find another recording of it to link to.

As soon as one gets a lawyer, won't lawyer say, "Don't say anything, don't volunteer anything, let LE come to you, not you to them".

Quoted earlier post of mine, please please listen to the press conference in this link

ETA: link isn't working, nor is the orginal. I suspect it has been removed from the website. It was a ress conference in the early days and I will try and find another recording of it to link to.

I agree that LE spoke with him at the beginning. They probably spoke with tons of people asking generic questions about that night and LS. The question is...when they came up with more questions for him and others later on in the investigation, did he (they) volunteer to answer them? IMO he and others talked with LE that first day or so, then got attorneys, then stopped talking.

Seems to me that the media loves a good, sensationalized "stranger danger" case and don't tend to censor themselves about those type things. They could be having a field day with those types of stories if they wanted to but they seemed to have pretty much dropped that angle from all the coverage. Makes me wonder why?

Making a general statement to LE through your lawyer would be considered talking to LE, but that wouldn't be the same as answering questions, or actually being interviewed. So i am not sure how you can assume one to be true and discount the other, I am open to either being true.

I think the public heat on Jay Rosenbaum is unfair because there is NOTHING that points towards him killing Lauren. Zero. There is no evidence, no motive.

That may well be true. It's also probably irrelevant.

We know that this girl had a heart condition. It's heavily rumored and has not been denied that she was on drugs (said by one person who I believe might know to be out of the ordinary) that mixed with that condition present a risk of death. Death by that means is therefore (much?) more likely than murder in my opinion. Combined with a disappearance, that seems to indicate that the person most knowledgeable of the death and therefore knowledge of or even involved with the disappearance is the person with whom she was last seen. This is also the person that at least allegedly has been insufficiently cooperative, even if he had at one point spoken to and been cooperative with police.

It is certainly entirely possible that JR is completely innocent. The evidence available to us, however, points in his direction.

I am sorry but I missed the "clearly LS had a potent cocktail of drugs on board the night she disappeared".

I have not seen any evidence of what she did or did not take or drink and conflicting reports.

Did LE make this statement?

Talking about coke, xanax, alcohol. None of these, alone or in combination, is a good idea when one has a heart condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79