IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody wants the friends to talk. HT talks and then is criticized for the way she talks. How can we expect others to talk when they then become either persons of interest or attention seekers?

Can we not tell the difference between someone who is cooperative, gives one story from Day 1, and someone who puts out conflicting stories, and is all too happy to smile and pose for the cameras while supposedly looking for her friend?

We can't tell the difference, really?

You know that actually make sense. I think we could put the pieces together for that to be possible. I really like this idea.

This is well worth pursuing. Voyles and JR surely invite it. What I can not quite get past is that LS had the wherewithall to leave JR's apt while apparently never cognizant that she was missing most of her possessions. Why didn't she retrieve her phone from Sports before it closed? How had she lost her keys/wristlet? Why wasn't she looking for them?

Can we not tell the difference between someone who is cooperative, gives one story from Day 1, and someone who puts out conflicting stories, and is all too happy to smile and pose for the cameras while supposedly looking for her friend?

We can't tell the difference, really?

I do not even know who is being cooperative anymore.From what the police said early on I thought JR was.Now listening to comments from his own lawyer I no longer believe that.

You know that actually make sense. I think we could put the pieces together for that to be possible. I really like this idea.

When I read this and ellemom's above yours, I think "JR's/Voyles' strategy is working!"

The Wade Steffey story... (Purdue guy who vanished for two months)....

could something like this and that Minor girl have happened here?

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2007/03/wade-steffeys-death-deserves-answers.html

There was a student @ University of IL @ Chicago where something similar happened as well. It was on 48 Hours Mystery - Missing.

I have felt from the beginning that this is a very likely scenario. She could have wandered somewhere which has as of yet been unexplored.

One station, Fox2 Detroit, actually has a picture of the wrong man (blue/white plaid shirt) identified as JR on their website. With the headline "West Bloomfield Man Questioned in Case of Lauren Spierer". It's been up since yesterday and was updated this morning.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...on-of-interest-in-indiana-missing-person-case

Yes, that picture was used in the NY Post article, I believe. It is PART of JRs FB picture. lol unfortunately, it was the WRONG part, he was the other male in the same photo AFAIK

That is my point-if she didn't make it, there is no innocent explanation for saying she did, really. It is to cover up something...not just so LE will believe that JR saw her leave, IMO. And what would be the reason JR had to call DR at 4:15AM?

If it was JR calling DR then I think it could have been that something happened to Lauren, he panics, thinks of someone he can call to get help/advice from, OR he was trying to get more drugs. I kind of think that either way, DR is pretty innocent. He might know things, but I find it unlikely that he had anything to do with her disappearance or disposing of a body. I believe that he was sleeping and didn't answer his phone. Which is very lucky for him that he was!

The only way I can see DR being involved is if they somehow planned the phone call and DR was supposed to not pick up. But I don't think they are that smart and I don't even think that would serve any significant purpose..so I don't think that happened.

Who freaking knows at this point.

One station, Fox2 Detroit, actually has a picture of the wrong man (blue/white plaid shirt) identified as JR on their website. With the headline "West Bloomfield Man Questioned in Case of Lauren Spierer". It's been up since yesterday and was updated this morning.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...on-of-interest-in-indiana-missing-person-case

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is in fact JR. There were some other photos earlier yesterday on other sites that were incorrect. A boy in an orange Hawaiin style shirt...

Don't have a link, sorry.

ETA: Link added. Is this JR?

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-atto...raph-in-spierer-case-20110627,0,3846816.story

I very much agree that LS's friends, acquaintances and anyone else she may have come across the night of her disappearance should not be needlessly pummeled by the media or the public, should not be called out and harrassed and slandered on the internet. However, I think there is an admirable way to handle the situation, as a friend or as a POI that I think a lot of people in this case have not seemed to have done, which has resulted in them being harassed, etc. As a POI, essentially I would do what CR/MB seem to have done: get a lawyer, cooperate fully by making full statements to LE with the protection of your lawyer so that LE doesn't potentially twist your words, take an LE administered LD test, readily submit to DNA tests and searches of your apt./car, etc. ETA: Oh and also, stay in the area for at least a couple of days to make myself available.

In addition to this, I would add reach out to LS's family and tell them you are very sorry they are in this situation and that you hope she is found and will do everything you can to provide necessary information to help find her. I would also add don't tell the media they are 'ruining your life.' Just stay out of the media as much as possible and if you must speak to them just say 'I hope she is found soon,' 'I have said everything that I know' or something along those lines.

As a friend, follow basically the same guidelines in reaching out to the family to express how sorry you are and let them know you will provide any information that could be helpful but that at the same time (if true) stress that since you were not with her, you do not know very much. Also let LE know that you will be happy to provide them with any information that may be helpful. Again, stay out of the media. If you make reports in the media simply say I'm very sad my friend is missing and want to find her very much. She is a great person, I wish I knew what happened, etc. However, I think her friends have made mistakes in that they have alternately been too forthcoming with the media or else they have come off as rude. All that her friends had to say when approached by TG was 'I'm sorry, I don't have any information I can give you.' Not 'leave us out of this.' And certainly not having anyone at your house driving a car toward reporters either. That just makes them look immature and leads people to make negative assumptions about their character or their friendship with LS. Whether they are guilty or not, they just haven't made the best choices in helping to determine how they are portrayed.

Finally, I think these friends and POIs should have been made aware how important it is to show themselves in a better light from the beginning. Someone should have made sure they knew that however small their connection to LS's disappearance might be, they should prepare for an onslaught of media/public attention would be on them and should probably respond accordingly by making their facebook, twitter, etc. private or else prepare for people to invade it, repeat it and talk about them. Anything publicly available on the internet (in addition to social media, also blogs, statements to the press, message boards, etc.) can easily be taken as fuel to the fire by any stranger with any kind of intentions (good or bad) who has internet access and an interest in the case (A LOT of people).

I don't blame these POIs and friends for being taken aback by how much negative attention they've gotten, maybe this is all easy for me to say as I am removed from the situation and a little bit older/more mature but they could have avoided a lot of the suspicion focused on them if they acted as above^^^

When I read this and ellemom's above yours, I think "JR's/Voyles' strategy is working!"

It's elmo not elle lol but anyhow, I've been kicking this one around for awhile. From before JRs lawyer ever came up. I get you, I get everyone. The current #1 theory is JR. He is the last known person to see LS. Oodles of reasons to suspect him. But what if it wasn't? And I think if we all sit around and condemn him we aren't ever going to get anywhere, even if it is him. So for now, pursuing all the options seems fruitful. I have a really hard time when the public gets whipped up in a frenzy by insinuation and hearsay to condemn someone before they are tried. (Nancy Grace disgusts me for instance).
SO I think dwelling insistently on JR serves no real purpose other than to make ourselves feel like there is someone who is the key to all this, and if only he gives it up.... we can all feel better.

What do you guys all make of this:

It's in the video, btw.

I detect a tone or attitude coming from HT in that recording and it is one that BLAMES LAUREN or PLACES some FAULT with her.

Also, I detect a coldness from HT most of time.

jennyb629 - I respect and agree with the post.

The thing, maybe, in the beginning, the friends/POI's didn't have an idea of how big this case would get. Maybe they thought Lauren would just show up in a week or 2. Maybe they couldn't fathom that people would suspect of them.

We don't know.

I'm seeing a photo of man in a white/blue plaid shirt. ?? I didn't see the ones yesterday.

The picture of the blue/white plaid shirt man is NOT JR. This is the current state of the media and it is truly pathetic. there is another picture of JR in a link just posted recently that is him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches