IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we discuss the other folks that live at 10th and college? What is their situation? Could they have been outside and taken advantage of LS and saw this as an opportunity. I hate to even think about it.

Wouldn't the police be able to verify by now, if any of the POI's cars left the apt complex that morning? I am pretty sure they searched all the POI's cars... it would be silly not to.

I still don't know how her friends could have disposed of the body considering the cameras would have caught them driving away.

I think it was channel 13 who said they will have more news tonight and a discussion of another girl who went missing under similar circumstances. Will listen at 11:00pm. Could be a serial killer is out there.

If you hear more, please post so we can see if there is a thread for this other missing girl, thanks...

I wonder if JW contacted JR in the morning at all? If he knew LS was with him the night before & wasnt in her apartment the next morning wouldnt he (JW) be banging down his door?

I also wonder if in fact LS tried to make her way to JW's apartment after 2.51am. Perhaps feeling a bit guilty.... Where did he live again?

I think a friend said JW confronted JR at his apt later that day. Lauren's roommate, HT, said Lauren's bedroom door was shut in the morning and HT didn't realize she wasn't there.

Finally chiming in, cause I agree with Dan. JW is the only one with a clear motive. And I think I've read here that he lives east of JR toward campus - wouldn't be that many cameras that direction..mostly residential/college houses.

It seems like it is all too easy to "get lucky" in cases like these. If you scan other deaths and disappearances it really isn't always a criminal genius with nerves of steel or lifetime criminals doing it. If you think about one 90 pound tiny body being hidden in hundreds of acres of land where searchers may have only searched a few acres...

It is entirely possible there is some other explanation, but I wouldn't use they are college students as a reason to rule out them being able to dump a body somewhere and not have anyone find it. It feels like most dumped bodies are found through a specific tip or a complete accidental find by an unrelated hunter or hiker.

Coming on this site frightens me because I feel like if anyone ever murdered me and dumped my body the odds are no one would ever find it :(

I do not know when the police started questioning the friends but I will throw in another little gem courtesy of JR's lawyer."provided cooperation as soon as requested by the authorities and continues to do so,"So it is not like he went to the police station volunteering what he knew.He waited for the police to get in touch with him.
http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...awyers-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

Perhaps, he got the tweet and called HT instead:

Her roommate has said that she spoke with JR the day after Spierer went missing and that JR had been the last to see her.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...awyers-say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

I don't know what to think; the POI's is Phylicia Barnes' murder don't seem to be any IQ record-breakers, and she was found dumped in a river, which anyone can manage. Her death was ruled a homicide however, though they won't say the cause of death.

I can't put it into words, it's not IQ I am speaking of. I can say that all of these friends strike me as, well, no offense here, but mama's boys. Not the types to have the chutzpah to pull themselves together and take command of a crisis.

It seems like it is all too easy to "get lucky" in cases like these. If you scan other deaths and disappearances it really isn't always a criminal genius with nerves of steel or lifetime criminals doing it. If you think about one 90 pound tiny body being hidden in hundreds of acres of land where searchers may have only searched a few acres...

It is entirely possible there is some other explanation, but I wouldn't use they are college students as a reason to rule out them being able to dump a body somewhere and not have anyone find it. It feels like most dumped bodies are found through a specific tip or a complete accidental find by an unrelated hunter or hiker.

Coming on this site frightens me because I feel like if anyone ever murdered me and dumped my body the odds are no one would ever find it :(

The problem is that at this point, the POI's cars have been searched and they weren't caught on camera leaving the complex... how would they have disposed of the body? The heat was already on them on the following days...

For me it's still easier that a stranger, out of LE's radar, got lucky on this one.

The problem is that at this point, the POI's cars have been searched and they weren't caught on camera leaving the complex... how would they have disposed of the body.

For me it's still easier that a stranger, out of LE's radar, got lucky on this one.

So we have confirmation that all the POI's cars have been searched? Last I had heard it was only CR's and maybe MB's. That is a relief-I always thought it was weird that they hadn't searched everyone's vehicle and possibly even used dogs on them. Did we also get confirmation if dogs were used on all the vehicles? That would make me a LOT more likely to lean toward stranger abduction.

There were also a few theories going around for why a camera wouldn't have caught them leaving the complex-all possibilities that shouldn't be discounted including the possibility of a stranger abduction.

I think it was channel 13 who said they will have more news tonight and a discussion of another girl who went missing under similar circumstances. Will listen at 11:00pm. Could be a serial killer is out there.

The two [Holly Bobo and LS] have more in common than their student status. Both are blond-haired, white females, age 20 and both are petite.

and

Late Tuesday, Bloomington police told Eyewitness News they were aware of the Tennessee case and the similarities, but don't think there's a connection at this time.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14994158/spierer-disappearance-has-similarities-to-tenn-case

So we have confirmation that all the POI's cars have been searched? Last I had heard it was only CR's and maybe MB's. That is a relief-I always thought it was weird that they hadn't searched everyone's vehicle and possibly even used dogs on them.

There were also a few theories going around for why a camera wouldn't have caught them leaving the complex-all possibilities that shouldn't be discounted including the possibility of a stranger abduction.

I do not have confirmation that the cars have been checked. But it seems probable?

I mean I don't think it's impossible for the guys to have hidden her body, but since has been on them from Day 2, I don't know if they had so much time to clean up all the evidence. I mean, there is zero evidence so far. It seems like a pretty perfect crime for some drunk college kids to be able to get away with.

I'm still on the fence, but leaning slightly towards a stranger abduction. And by stranger I mean someone who's not one of the 4 named POI's. Maybe it was another student. No idea.

Do we know if Rosembaum's apartment was checked? Rossman's? Jesse's??? Did they check Jesse's house at all??

curiousgirl-that is partially what has been frustrating me with this case. I am not sure if apartments or cars have been searched/checked which seems like a necessary step. But, I think some legal issues were in the way since technically no one is a suspect yet? I would feel a lot better about going into the hardcore stranger abduction camp if I knew for sure that everyone was searched and interviewed thoroughly.

Do we know if Rosembaum's apartment was checked? Rossman's? Jesse's??? Did they check Jesse's house at all??

We have very few facts about the investigation from LE, all of the news conferences concentrated on the search.

Darcyline - I guess you need a search warrant to search someone's home, no? But the police could also ask permission to search. And, if the POI's had said no, I'm pretty sure we'd hear about it from the press?

But yes, we do not have clear information as to what was searched or not. I think the focus was on Jay/Mike/Corey's apartments on the beginning, so maybe IF Jesse did something to Lauren, he had more time to clean up? I have no idea. This case is frustrating because they are so many POI's and not enough evidence to single out any.

Could Tony Gatto maybe try to verify this information for us?? If the cars and homes of the 4 named POI's were searched?????

We only know for sure that Rossman's car was.

A few thoughts.When this case first started the police were doing backflips praising the cooperation they were getting from the POI's.Then two weeks in the family started hammering away at the lack of info they were getting from her friends.Since that time have the police been asked or commented about the cooperation from the POI they are now getting.
While I understand the police have to be tight lipped about info it just seams they are going a little overboard.If you were just to go by their account you would not even know CR was with LS that night.Is this to protect these kids or these I/U university students.

Could Tony Gatto maybe try to verify this information for us?? If the cars and homes of the 4 named POI's were searched?????

We only know for sure that Rossman's car was.

"We’ve had a lot of cooperation with the persons of interest," Parker said, adding that police have also searched the apartments of the friends last seen with Spierer.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...indiana-college-student-lauren/#ixzz1QdC0PWDy

I seem to recall reading that JW's apartment was searched, too, but I'm not certain.

I HONESTLY don't think Lauren's parents pleas makes the friends any more guilty. I think they are just getting more and more frustrated and desperate. These kids have lawyered up. All 4 of them. They are probably advised NOT to talk about what happened.

The parents are frustrated and want answers. It is easy to understand that. However, maybe, like I have said before, these friends have nothing more to say.

I think the fact they all have lawyers is the reason they haven't talked to the police or the Spierers. The lawyers are handling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leledragon24