IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I am leaning more stranger abduction now. It just seems crazy that LE doesn't seem to be narrowing down the search. I just cannot believe one of them did it and absolutely no evidence was left in cars or apartments or a random cellphone ping in the middle of nowhere. Unless, of course, they got really lucky which does happen.

He said Spierer was last seen by a male friend leaving that building to walk home at around 4:30 a.m.
"That young man saw her walk in that direction," Parker told reporters.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...indiana-college-student-lauren/#ixzz1QdEceXQd

It seems like Jay DID talk to the police. If he told everything he knows in the days after Lauren went missing, what more could he say??? Why would he call the police with information if he had already talked to them?

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...indiana-college-student-lauren/#ixzz1QdC0PWDy

I seem to recall reading that JW's apartment was searched, too, but I'm not certain.

One of the problems I am having is that a lot of info was given out during the very early (before June 12) press conferences. Few of those seem to be still available online uncut. The sound bites that remain do not give all the facts. I do believe that everyone's apartments were searched, and LE said that they had gotten numerous search warrants. But I would be amazed of I could find that info now.

Did Tony ever show the bar manager/possible mystery man witness about the potential mystery man discussed here?

A few thoughts.When this case first started the police were doing backflips praising the cooperation they were getting from the POI's.Then two weeks in the family started hammering away at the lack of info they were getting from her friends.Since that time have the police been asked or commented about the cooperation from the POI they are now getting.
While I understand the police have to be tight lipped about info it just seams they are going a little overboard.If you were just to go by their account you would not even know CR was with LS that night.Is this to protect these kids or these I/U university students.

I suspect that the kids were "cooperating" in the beginning. Some in fact, may have been talking to police before even talking to their parents. I think it's likely that in the beginning, some had no clue this was going to go on for so long. Anyone who is innocent probably thought she was going to just show up at any given moment It probably wasn't long however, before things began to get serious, beyond "surreal", parents retained attorney, and kids were told not to talk.

As I've said before, much of what these kids say can incriminate them. If they provided drugs to her (or perhaps were even with her when she took something), that may be grounds for leading to her death. Even if LE give them immunity, her parents could likely still use it against them in a Civil Suit, which can still ruin their reputation. These kids may have much on the line, even if they are innocent of any wrongdoing beyond drugs.

After reading that all of the apartments were searched, I am having a hard time believing these guys could have left a crime/accidental death scene perfectly clean...

Where is Lauren??????????????????

Even if these kids only provided ALCOHOL to Lauren they could be in big trouble. Specially because a lot of them ALREADY have small criminal records (public intoxication, etc...)

I think at first they thought they would just go in, tell what they know and be left alone. This would specially be the case if they are inocent.

Wouldn't the police be able to verify by now, if any of the POI's cars left the apt complex that morning? I am pretty sure they searched all the POI's cars... it would be silly not to.

I still don't know how her friends could have disposed of the body considering the cameras would have caught them driving away.

There are no security cameras at the 5 North Townhomes were JR, CR, and MB live. It is entirely possible that no cameras would have caught their vehicles leaving the building.

After reading that all of the apartments were searched, I am having a hard time believing these guys could have left a crime/accidental death scene perfectly clean...

:fence: I haven't decided whether I think it was a night of partying gone bad that resulted in her disappearing at the hands of frantic friends, or a stranger abduction, but what I do feel is that she was somehow removed from the area before she was ever reported missing...

One of the problems I am having is that a lot of info was given out during the very early (before June 12) press conferences. Few of those seem to be still available online uncut. The sound bites that remain do not give all the facts. I do believe that everyone's apartments were searched, and LE said that they had gotten numerous search warrants. But I would be amazed of I could find that info now.

6/7
6/8
6/9
6/10

HTH

If someone passed out from drugs and went into a coma and did not wake up, for instance, I don't think there would be any more physical evidence that if that person had just partied there and then left under their own steam. OD'ing would not HAVE to include throwing up, etc...or if she had a heart attack or a stroke. Her DNA, hair etc is likely to be found at JR's, for instance, no matter what happened to her and where, so it would not be so easy to rule out his apartment as a possible death scene.

I missed this. Where was this reported (about all apartments searched)? Thanks.

I don't know much about OD, but I read here that one can expel bodily fluid. I know with most death that's true, so you'd think LE would find something. I wonder how long that takes though - maybe they had her in a bag by that time. Ok, sorry.....I feel so disgusting even for thinking of those details.

I still wonder about the cameras. I can understand how she could have walked to JW's without being seen on camera, but if she was abducted on the street, there would have to have been a car shown on the videos, or the abductor shown somehow dragging her away - somewhere. Yes, I know that "luck" happens, but it's just so hard to believe. I'm thinking more likely she had an accident or something.

There was a boy last year or the year before at Penn State's Campus who left a fraternity party around 2 AM. He walked home alone and was missing for days. They finally found him in a stairwell that was only accessed by certain workers for maintenance. A worker discovered him. I understand that video finally picked him up, I believe trying to "tightrope" walk along the cement wall, surrounding the stairwell. He slipped (drunk), fell into the stairwell, hitting his head and died. Things like this can happen.

This may sound like a stupid question, but if she Overdosed or her heart gave out would there be some sort of biological or physical proof of where it happened? Like, could it have happened and even a great forensics team searching the place not be able to tell?

Looks like people were thinking the same question as me and posted faster!

So, there may not necessarily be biological or physical proof of an Od or heart attack.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6758956&postcount=352"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #11[/ame]

copying my post from an old thread

this news report tells WHAT the altercation was about.

at about 1:58 it states:

**the altercation stemmed from Lauren's friends wanting Lauren to stay with them, rather than take off with Rossman**

Even if these kids only provided ALCOHOL to Lauren they could be in big trouble. Specially because a lot of them ALREADY have small criminal records (public intoxication, etc...)

I think at first they thought they would just go in, tell what they know and be left alone. This would specially be the case if they are inocent.

I agree, but I doubt it would matter that they already have records. They'd likely be charged for "Contributing to a Minor", regardless of past charges. However, if they haven't admitted to this, I doubt this would hold up heavy in court. If she entered into an alcohol-induced coma, they presumably have video of her at Kilroy's so THEY would be in hot water. Man, I bet that owner needs new underwear right about now. It's so dangerous owning a business near a college campus. You can be the nicest guy, highly ethical, etc., and think that you've hired good kids - but they're still kids. They most often will still let in people they know, even when they're under 21.

This may sound like a stupid question, but if she Overdosed or her heart gave out would there be some sort of biological or physical proof of where it happened? Like, could it have happened and even a great forensics team searching the place not be able to tell?

Looks like people were thinking the same question as me and posted faster!

So, there may not necessarily be biological or physical proof of an Od or heart attack.

This is gross, but when I was in college my first apartment had last been rented by a college student who drank himself to death one night. On the couch there was still the remnants of a vomit stain, and on the floor there was another ghost of a vomit stain. They had cleaned it up kind of, as well as you can clean that sort of thing off a rental couch and cheap carpet. The stains were obvious and it wasn't until about 1/2 way through the year someone told us what those stains were. He had aspirated on his copious vomit. I think when someone drinks themself to death, it's not a clean event.

If someone passed out from drugs and went into a coma and did not wake up, for instance, I don't think there would be any more physical evidence that if that person had just partied there and then left under their own steam. OD'ing would not HAVE to include throwing up, etc...or if she had a heart attack or a stroke. Her DNA, hair etc is likely to be found at JR's, for instance, no matter what happened to her and where, so it would not be so easy to rule out his apartment as a possible death scene.

I think when someone dies, for whatever reason, the bowel & bladder contents are expelled?

FWIW I found this site which explains about various types of drug overdoses and what happens to the body: http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/drug+overdose

Here's what they say about Cocaine:
Cocaine and crack cocaine overdoses cause seizures, high blood pressure, increased heart rate, paranoia, and other changes in behavior. Heart attack or stroke are serious risks within three days after cocaine overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966