IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story just seem to hit me even closer because of that. Sounds weird I guess, but wow - I don't know how many times I passed that house walking to or from class down 9th into campus.

*shudder* I can probably view that house out of my office window.

ETA: This house is a big party house. During Little 5 week or when the weather is great they have a huge party that spills outside with very loud music. I actually have to put earplugs in in order to work.

Revised
Current theories of the case, in order of what seems to be believed here:
1. JR (possibly with friend that is visiting from home) are responsible for hiding deceased LS
2. LS leaves JR intact, meets up with JW, harm comes to her
3. LS leaves JR intact, goes missing (random abduction or lost in unknown accident)
4. LS leaves JR and/or JR residence, meets another person, possibly at College and 10th, harm comes to her (this may include non-random abduction)
5. LS never makes it to 5 North, and CR/MB/JR in conspiracy
6. LS leaves voluntarily

So, other than differing details in the above, does anyone have a theory that doesn't fit one of the above? Please comment and I will add it, thanks!

The Herald Times has mug shots of 4 POI (free to view front page). It is kind of eery that they all look very similar.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/

Hi - I don't post very often because I am supposed to be working. My D is in conversations with college athletic coaches and IU is one. She handed me a letter to mail to IU early in June. I used google to verify the address and headlines for LS came up....and well, now here I am. Thanks to all for links and insight.

I am still confused, but I guess if the guy on the left is the JR individual, then the earlier photo of the guy in the blue plaid shirt is the wrong guy. Can any one say definitively that this mug shot is the right JR and the blue plaid shirt guy is the mistake.

Hi - I don't post very often because I am supposed to be working. My D is in conversations with college athletic coaches and IU is one. She handed me a letter to mail to IU early in June. I used google to verify the address and headlines for LS came up....and well, now here I am. Thanks to all for links and insight.

I am still confused, but I guess if the guy on the left is the JR individual, then the earlier photo of the guy in the blue plaid shirt is the wrong guy. Can any one say definitively that this mug shot is the right JR and the blue plaid shirt guy is the mistake.

Plaid guy is the wrong guy. He was 1 of 2 guys on JRs facebook profile pic, and the news picked the wrong one.

FWIW, I asked my 2 year old who was the bad guy in the lineup, and he picked #1. :crazy:

OK, the 4 year old picked #1 too, even though I pointed them out to her in reverse order. :fencefall:

The question is, how hard is it to actually, physically recover the data? How is such data saved? In the telephone, on a server somewhere? Does it involve intensive data-mining? Of course, there's no doubt that the police would have been working on it ASAP.

I'm just trying to assess the likelihood that LE would be able to recover anything useful from this or if it is a needle-in-the-haystack at best.

Edited to add: As an analogy, your computer has a trace of everything you do on it, but it isn't always possible, even for LE, to fully recover something if it has been overwritten.

I suppose it is safe to assume that if they had a 'ping' from, say, JR's phone in Gnaw Bone, Indiana 90 minutes after he last reported seeing her, they'd be a lot closer to finding her and cracking the case.

Snipped
On the night she went missing, Carringer’s mobile phone pinged a cell tower in Union County around 11:30 p.m., providing information investigators – and ultimately, Richard Cornwell – used to pinpoint her remains.

Working with the GBI and using every lead they gave him, Richard Cornwell searched in every spare moment, using a meticulous system.
"He had a set process where he had to walk every foot of the area he was looking in," GBI spokesman John Bankhead said Monday. "He walked every square foot of an area."

Saturday, that area was the two square miles that cell tower data had identified as the site where Carringer was the night Kristi Cornwell disappeared, Bankhead said.

Richard Cornwell learned about the location a week before he found his sister's remains, but weeks before the GBI planned to canvas that area, GBI officials said. There, about 75 yards from Moccasin Creek Road, just south of the North Carolina border, Richard Cornwell found the partially covered, burned skeleton, authorities said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/brother-finds-cornwells-remains-794176.html
A cell phone ping solved this case. Kristi was missing for a year and a half, ultimately she was found nine miles from where she disappeared. More at link-

The Herald Times has mug shots of 4 POI (free to view front page). It is kind of eery that they all look very similar.

You mean in that they all have two eyes a nose and a mouth. :waitasec:

I'll say this though. Reason #1 to avoid arrest, don't let somebody take a mugshot of you! It could make you look very scary and dangerous if you're ever called into question again.

FWIW, of those in the rogue's gallery, CR is in the most competitive if not demanding course of study. I'd hazard a guess that JR and JW didn't make the cut to be accepted into Kelley School of Business, the fall-back being Mgt. in SPEA which they both are in. Personally, I find this interesting. The guy who was at home studying that night, MB, is not in the line-up.

Does anyone know how they serve search warrants if the renter is out of town? Or could it be that CR, MB & JW have agreed to searches without a warrant?

JR & his lawyers may not be agreeing to searches without a warrant. Which might mean that LE doesn't have enough evidence to get one.

Or perhaps it's a tactical move to make CR & JW think the focus is shifting off of JR onto them so that they give up any additional information they might have about the night (i.e., they might be holding on to self-incriminating info about drugs, etc.)?

If you're talking about a search warrant for a property -- they can just go in if nobody is around. I would think they have enough evidence to get a warrant for JR/CR/MB place -- cause that's the last place she was. But JW I would think might be tougher cause he was not around, as far as we know.

Cadaver dogs in the apartments? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but if they got negative results the first time why would they do it again? Unless they suspect something gross like the body was moved around somehow after the original search? **scratches head**

We dont know if they used cadaver dogs in the apartments the first days after LS disappeared. We dont even know if the apartments were searched. One obvious question is whether they had warrants to do these searches or whether there was cooperation by all or some of the POIs and they allowed them to do so. That is important because in order to get a warrant, police must have some evidence/suspicion. So it would be very interesting to know for how many of the apartments that were searched there were warrants required. I am wondering if the lawyers of the POIs would make any statements about whether their clients voluntarily allowed police to have cadaver dog searches in the apartments.

Another possibility is that the dogs are NOT cadaver dogs and these searches are for drugs.

If you're talking about a search warrant for a property -- they can just go in if nobody is around. I would think they have enough evidence to get a warrant for JR/CR/MB place -- cause that's the last place she was. But JW I would think might be tougher cause he was not around, as far as we know.

Tony did you leave town? Are you back in NY working other stories?

As far back as June 10th LE said they had executed many search warrants and would be executing more. Maybe these new searches are for new, specific items that they are looking for that they did not know to look for earlier? Or to do things such as measure/examine if Lauren could have been seen from the window, just as an example, as well as possibly bring in a different type of dog? I am hoping that this is not the first time these apartments were searched, basically. :(

I didn't see this last night; the photo that appears right now to the right of JW: The person in the red shirt appears to be coming out of JR's unit door.

Would someone please give me a quick rundown on who the people in the picture are from left to right? I looked back through the old threads but could not find where it identified who each photo was.

Thanks!

*shudder* I can probably view that house out of my office window.

ETA: This house is a big party house. During Little 5 week or when the weather is great they have a huge party that spills outside with very loud music. I actually have to put earplugs in in order to work.

How long has it been your office? The house across the alley from it was quite the party house 5-7 years ago. :innocent:

You mean in that they all have two eyes a nose and a mouth. :waitasec:

I'll say this though. Reason #1 to avoid arrest, don't let somebody take a mugshot of you! It could make you look very scary and dangerous if you're ever called into question again.

Well passport and DMV photos are usually no better. The camera is unbiased.

Didn't she leave Smallwood about 2:40? If she was able to walk down the alley for at least 10 mins. (she was last caught on camera around 2:51?), what makes you think she couldn't take 2 steps at 4:30? From what I understand, MB says she left their place around 3:30 and he CLAIMS it was b/c he didn't want to party. If that's true, unless he gave her something (or she took something there), she had over an hour to sober up a bit, after leaving the bar, right? Not sure I have all times correct. OK so she heads to JR's to party (honestly I think if this is true, she probably was wanting coke. I heard rumors that she was saying at the bar that she had taken Xanex and alcohol and wanted Coke). If that's what she may have done with JR, unless she OD, this would likely ramp her up a bit and counteract the effects of the alcohol and Xanex, therefore enabling her to walk to JW's. JMO

It's mostly the witness who says she spotted Lauren at 3:38a barely able to stand. Maybe because this is the one witness who actually spoke to me -- I give her details more credence. This idea that you take some coke and that allows you to walk better I dismiss. The idea that she "sobered-up" at any point, to me, makes no sense. This isn't someone who had a bottle of wine with dinner and wanted to wait an hour before driving home. I believe she was getting her high on -- and was going to keep fueling it until she fell down, perhaps literally (sad as it is to say). I don't think she walked up the alley under her own powers, totally. JMO...I understand your position and it may well be right.

Would someone please give me a quick rundown on who the people in the picture are from left to right? I looked back through the old threads but could not find where it identified who each photo was.

Thanks!

JR, CR, LS, DR, JW. in that order - HTH

FWIW, of those in the rogue's gallery, CR is in the most competitive if not demanding course of study. I'd hazard a guess that JR and JW didn't make the cut to be accepted into Kelley School of Business, the fall-back being Mgt. in SPEA which they both are in. Personally, I find this interesting. The guy who was at home studying that night, MB, is not in the line-up.

Hasn't there been enough scandal in Real Estate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010