IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure about one thing in this case and that is this: Regardless of whatever choices LS made in her life, the one thing she didn't chose to do was plan and execute the hiding or disposal of her body. Someone else (or more than one person) is responsible for that and that imho is what this case is and should be about.

Is it possible she met with an accident alone somewhere like Mr Steffey at Purdue? It is possible (as anything is) but I don't think it is likely in this case.

Fact: Witness says she LS falling down at 3:38am outside 10th and college
Fact: Source says LS was talking about all the drugs she had taken at Kilroy's
Fact: LS and her friends have many fb photos and tweets that show alcohol abuse and drug use
Fact: Police in answer to a specific question say they have not ruled-out an overdose
Fact: Many people at IU say LS and her friends were into drugs
Fact: All involved have been sited for alcohol and/or drug violations and/or arrest
Fact: LS should not have been allowed in a bar (underage), especially with Indiana strict regulations
Fact: Kilroy's has been sighted

As for Sports... did LS have a fake ID? If not, Kilroy's would seem to be up a creek. Seems like they could probably look at video of her entering.

If LS is out on College at 3:38, do you think she goes back to JRs? If not, why does he implicate himself as the last to see her?

I am pretty sure about one thing in this case and that is this: Despite whatever choices LS made in her life, the one thing she didn't chose to do was plan and execute the hiding or disposal of her body. Someone else (or more than one person) is responsible for that and that imho is what this case is and should be about.

<snip>.

MY POINT PRECISELY. Let us not lose sight of that.

It would not be murder if they did cause her death, they might be charged with improper disposal of a body, or failure to seek medical attention, at a stretch. And only manslaughter if it could be proven one of them gave her the drugs knowing they could cause her death. All of these would be hard to prove if she died from drugs. But if she is found after cause of death can be determined and someone can be linked to the location, it might go a different way. JMO

I disagree. There is no way they would have known with absolute certainty that she was dead when they disposed her body (if that's what happened). She could have still been alive. It may not be first degree murder, but I believe it is second degree murder. I would hope, if the case is solved and ends up being an OD, followed by disposal of the body, that whoever did it would be prosecuted for murder.

Hi, I wonder how the families of the POI's are following the progress on the case?
I have tried to imagine in each possible POI scenario what family life must be like. I am inclined to believe that the father in the guilty house hold knows the truth. Anybody with me there???

Fact: Witness says she LS falling down at 3:38am outside 10th and college
Fact: Source says LS was talking about all the drugs she had taken at Kilroy's
Fact: LS and her friends have many fb photos and tweets that show alcohol abuse and drug use
Fact: Police in answer to a specific question say they have not ruled-out an overdose
Fact: Many people at IU say LS and her friends were into drugs
Fact: All involved have been sited for alcohol and/or drug violations and/or arrest
Fact: LS should not have been allowed in a bar (underage), especially with Indiana strict regulations
Fact: Kilroy's has been sighted
I have not seen where any of the people involved had a drug violation.They all seamed to be alcohol related.LS and JW cited for tailgating before a home football game.DR charged with public intoxication because he was walking in the road instead of the sidewalk.In almost every case the police were more than happy to dismiss the charges as long as they got their 500 dollar fine.This is nothing more than a money maker for a police Dept. in a college town.If you did the same exact thing in your own town or city the police would not give it a second look.Well now it is time for this police Dept. to do a little work for their money and solve this case.Just wanted to add in some of these cases the student had to pay another 500 dollar fee for a diversion program.I wonder what relative of the town council or PD runs that little money maker.

Funny how we all have different opinions. For me, the OD + concealing of body scenario is definetly not the most likely.

IMO, the most likely scenarios are:

1) Stranger Abduction - I still believe she could have met with danger outside of Rosebaum's apartment. For me it's the most simple theory. She leaves Jay's house, is intoxicated, maybe walks in the direction of her boyfriend's house and someone hurts her. Random assaults to women happen WAY more often than we like to believe. This would explain her vanishing without a trace - someone had plenty of time to get rid of the body and evidence, unlike the boys.

2) Her boyfriend hurts her on the common crime of passion - the relationship seemed shaky, Lauren was his world. She goes out with another guy, his friends see them, tells him about him, he gets angry and hurts her on the heat of the moment. Seems crazy but it has happened before. A lot of times.

3) One of the guys tries to hook-up with Lauren, she says no, things get violent, and she dies.

4) She gets into a freak accident because of her level of intoxication.

5) OD is my LAST theory. It just seems like so much of a conspiration theory that her friends are all in this together and hiding her body. I just don't see it. If she had OD'd, they'd call 911. They have money. They have gotten out of trouble before. I don't believe they would have been able to hide this for this long.

Are there cameras on College between the corner JR said he saw her, and Smallwood?

I believe so (based on the map provided in the beginning of each thread). There is also a Waffle house across the street that presumably should have cameras. Not sure if they are going to catch someone walking across the street, though.

I don't believe there to be cameras with any view of College Ave. The only one I can find that has a chance is pretty far away:

Attachments

• img00178201106141726.jpg
    img00178201106141726.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 11
If LS is out on College at 3:38, do you think she goes back to JRs? If not, why does he implicate himself as the last to see her?

I think at some point after LS is sighted at 3:38, she goes to JR's and uses a phone at 4:15 to call dr then she leaves. The local talk is the tracking dogs lost her scent at the gravel parking lot. I beleive she got into a vehicle at that point.

What about the camera shown on the map next to W 10th Street?

Because "mystery man" is his visitor and they are aware of being witnessed. Thus they want to make it appear she was still alive? Also, is it possible LS was already dead when she was slung over the shoulder?

So come on, LE didn't search the car of ALL POI's?? I can't believe that... if any of the POI's had Lauren's body on their trunk for more than 1 hour - then I assure you there is A LOT of foresenic evidence in that car. Are we assuming LE didn't have access to any of those cars? If they didn't, they should drive to NY or to wherever the POI's are and do it now.

The POI's cars are the most important place to look. Come on. You guys are telling me they didn't?? We know from Rossman's lawyer that they searched his. I doubt they didn't search the others. If they didn't, well, what are they waiting for?

However, if there is no foresenic evidence in these guys' cars or homes, what could they have done to Lauren?

I have not seen where any of the people involved had a drug violation.They all seamed to be alcohol related.LS and JW cited for tailgating before a home football game.DR charged with public intoxication because he was walking in the road instead of the sidewalk.In almost every case the police were more than happy to dismiss the charges as long as they got their 500 dollar fine.This is nothing more than a money maker for a police Dept. in a college town.If you did the same exact thing in your own town or city the police would not give it a second look.Well now it is time for this police Dept. to do a little work for their money and solve this case.

Quote from http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto about CR -

"In 2008, as a resident of Briscoe, Rossman was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance. He was booked into the jail at 6:07 a.m. on Oct. 19, 2008, and released on a $2,000 surety, $500 cash bond five hours later. He entered a pretrial diversion program for one misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana charge and paid a $403 fine for the charge to be dismissed."

I think at some point after LS is sighted at 3:38, she goes to JR's and uses a phone at 4:15 to call dr then she leaves. The local talk is the tracking dogs lost her scent at the gravel parking lot. I beleive she got into a vehicle at that point.

And so after she was supposedly seen at 3:38 am basically completely out of it, she is able to make it back to JR, use the phone, and then walk away? For one, police pretty much discounted the supposed 3:38 am sighting. For other, the above scenario doesn't sound likely to me at all.

What about the camera shown on the map next to W 10th Street?

The 2 that are shown closest to College Ave on the map are the south facing and north facing entrance cams in the arcade.

My heart stopped when I read this.

PS. Transporting a dead body in a car is NOT smart. I don't think this was the case, as LE would have been able to detect foresenic evidence by now.

I believe Lauren's body is close, specially if one of the POI's did this.

And isn't that where her keys were found?

Fact 1: the fact is that the witness did state that, but it hasn't been proven as factual information. there's a difference.

Fact 5: Hearsay. Cannot be stated as fact.

Fact 1: Never said it was factual information -- so I don't know why you are clarifying that which needs no clarification. This is what the witness said, period. I don't know if it is factual information. Just as I don't know that it is factual information which the police have provided on this angle.

Fact 5: Hearsay. Not admissible in court, but certainly admissible in the court of public opinion, and absolutely admissible on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay