IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or would anyone else really like to know the exact details of what happened after CR's was put to bed...the details between him being put to bed and her supposedly been seen by JR at the corner. Where did she go first..how long was she there..what did they do...what made her leave to the next guy...am I wrong in hearing that after Cr's she was at two places? What in the heck went on at these two places?

Yep, I've been wishing for the timeline to be clarified to include:

arrival at CR/MB
departure from MB
arrival at JR

Morgan's case was the first one I followed at WS and let me tell you all - the friends took A LOT of heat. I remember it really well. Their facebook were posted, picture of her girlfriends partying in Halloween after her dissapearance... it was very similar to this.

The difference is, Morgan's friends were inside an Arena while Morgan vanished. And they still got heat.

It ended up being a stranger abduction and her body was found months later a few miles away...

I really believe this case will have a similar outcome. MOO.

So many theories were discussed, basketball guys, friends, the friend's boyfriend, a possible boyfriend she met up with... in the end, a stranger found her wandering around intoxicated, raped, killed and disposed of her body.

While I have no idea what happened to LS, I have to completely disagree with the premise that an overdose and than disposal of the body is "implausible." Considering that there are quite a few cases where somebody overdosed and the body was disposed, how exactly is it implausible?

I consider it implausible given the current information that we've been given, that's all. I don't buy the notion that a drugged-up JR and his mystery guest would have the immediate reaction of covering up an OD, the wherewithal to hide the body as well as it's apparently been hidden, and the ability to effectively cover up the scene of the death. Nor do I think, given the national attention of the case and the legal abilities of his attorney, that JR wouldn't have given up the location of the body in exchange for leniency from LE. After all, if she OD'd, he's likely not getting charged with murder.

arrival at CR/MB
departure from MB
arrival at JR

I don't think the timeline will ever be verifed in any satisfactory way. It could only be put together based on what the various POI's say. I don't think anyone who is not a POI would have any idea.

arrival at CR/MB
departure from MB
arrival at JR

Exactly...and I don't buy this crap that's is was a few hours since she had been drinking so she was ok to walk...whatever...if she was as inebriated as people think she was...she had to be less than sober when leaving there. Also, JW had to have received a whiff of the altercation...what gives with his behavior from 2 something in the morning until the next day.

I don't think the timeline will ever be verifed in any satisfactory way. It could only be put together based on what the various POI's say. I don't think anyone who is not a POI would have any idea.

Right, not even verified, but even if we could get super-sober and cooperative MB's account of arrival and departure times it helps give a clearer overall picture.

Is it just me or would anyone else really like to know the exact details of what happened after CR's was put to bed...the details between him being put to bed and her supposedly been seen by JR at the corner. Where did she go first..how long was she there..what did they do...what made her leave to the next guy...am I wrong in hearing that after Cr's she was at two places? What in the heck went on at these two places?

I've been thinking this all along. At 3:00 LS shows up at a JR's door, everybody's gone, the party's over. that awks. What did the 2 or 3 ???? of them do for an hour and a half.

Do cars normally park in the gravel lot? Is it normally empty through the middle of the night?
What is normally there.

Most importantly, if that rumor is even true, what explains her scent ending THERE?

In two or so years of irregularly going past that lot, I can't think of a single time I've ever seen anything parked there.

I guess the question I have on the scent rumor (which I heard as well) is...did the dogs lose the scent going northbound (out of the alley behind 10th and College Apts) or southbound (out of 5 North)?

If it's northbound, this fits a theory I have about what happened. If it's southbound, that would seem to contradict JR's explanation of her leaving.

We haven't even been told how much she was drinking or if she even did any drugs. According to 2 different reports, she had stopped drinking several hours before and also was sober enough to walk home alone. So, going by her friends' testimony, it seems that something else cause LS's disappearance, All of this other stuff has been speculation...
(respectfully snipped, BBM.)

We have the statement by JR (a POI) that she walked to the corner without stumbling. Is this the testimony that you're referring to? What is the other report?

TIA

To the people who think that if someone started seizing/reacting badly to the drugs her friends would call 911, I don't think this is true. It is extremely likely that they wouldn't do this in order to save their own butts. Why do I say this? Because a few years ago I had a group of friends who were in my neighborhood drinking, everyone was underage except one guy, the guy who bought the alcohol. I wasn't there, but the story is that they were really drunk and messing around or something, and one of the kids fell on the sidewalk and hit his head. He started seizing/convulsing. The other friends wanted to call 911/take him to the hospital and the guy who was 21 did NOT want to do this. And also I should mention that these two were GOOD friends. He did not want to get in trouble for buying alcohol and supplying it to underage people. As much of a "friend" he was to this kid, he was a tool and cared way more about himself than his friend. Thankfully the friend was okay, but they actually almost got into a fight trying to get the older guy to agree to do something, and in the end they didn't. Just proof that no matter how good of friends you are with someone, when their name is on the line - thats all they care about...Even when someone is clearly NOT okay right infront of you. So it is definitely possible that Lauren could have started reacting and nobody wanted to involve police or hospitals for fear of getting caught with possession of hard drugs. That would be a way worse charge than "marijuana possession" or "public intoxication".

I consider it implausible given the current information that we've been given, that's all. I don't buy the notion that a drugged-up JR and his mystery guest would have the immediate reaction of covering up an OD, the wherewithal to hide the body as well as it's apparently been hidden, and the ability to effectively cover up the scene of the death. Nor do I think, given the national attention of the case and the legal abilities of his attorney, that JR wouldn't have given up the location of the body in exchange for leniency from LE. After all, if she OD'd, he's likely not getting charged with murder.

I wish I could thank this a million times.

Who went to college here? Who went to college and got really "wasted" and went to someone's apartment? Did you stay the night? Did you want to walk home? Would anyone have let you walk home? Remember, it's 3 something in the morning...none of that makes sense to me. I've did some stupid things back in the day...but this still doesn't make sense to me.

While I have no idea what happened to LS, I have to completely disagree with the premise that an overdose and then disposal of the body is "implausible." Considering that there are quite a few cases where somebody overdosed and the body was disposed, how exactly is it implausible?

I do not think very many theories that have been advanced are implausible given the limited info we have.I am just bothered that in order to advance that theory you have to make the victim into a drug user when there is not one shred of evidence to support that.

This case is strange. I think we can all agree on this. Lauren vanished without a trace.

As for getting really "wasted"... there are no rules really. I have friends who want to stay the night, others want to go home and even if you don't let them walk home, they WILL walk home... It's hard to say.

One of my friends died in a car crash 2 years ago and his good friend snatched his key from him... he punched his friend, got the key back...and died.

I do not think very many theories that have been advanced are implausible given the limited info we have.I am just bothered that in order to advance that theory you have to make the victim into a drug user when there is not one shred of evidence to support that.

I don't think anyone is making Lauren into a drug user. People are just being open minded about a lot of theories.

I do think a lot are focusing too much on the OD theory, when for all we know, Lauren might have only drunk alcohol that night.

Considering LE has said they have not ruled any theory (including drug overdose) out, I am not bothered by this theory one bit.

This is where I was headed with my earlier question about family life among the POI's. Who exactly would initiate this deal for the location of the body. And can the Spierer's decide for the POI what the charges will be? Mrs. Spierer when she begs for information says she just wants answers, but ...... stops short of saying that there will be immunity. If I had hidden an OD body, I would not interpret anything she has said to mean that the coast was clear to come forward in the legal sense.

So can we do a quick voting??

If you could pick one out of these, what would you pick as the most likely scenario?

1) OD + friend(s) hid body

2) Boyfriend killed her

3) One of the guys killed her

4) A stranger killed her

5) She had a freak accident

6) She is alive and held captive somehwere...

I choose 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member