IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto about CR -

"In 2008, as a resident of Briscoe, Rossman was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance. He was booked into the jail at 6:07 a.m. on Oct. 19, 2008, and released on a $2,000 surety, $500 cash bond five hours later. He entered a pretrial diversion program for one misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana charge and paid a $403 fine for the charge to be dismissed."

Indymom, thanks for the assist.

I think at some point after LS is sighted at 3:38, she goes to JR's and uses a phone at 4:15 to call dr then she leaves. The local talk is the tracking dogs lost her scent at the gravel parking lot. I beleive she got into a vehicle at that point.

I'm not quite sure how the dogs would have lost her scent at the gravel lot. This to me would indicate that after the last alley cam picked her up walking with CR (according to the map, that would be the north corner of the 10th and college apts), would mean that she never made it to CR's house.

If she DID make it to CR's house, and MB's story about putting CR to bed and LS going to JR's apt...then LS leaving and rounding the corner of 11th on to college, why would she backtrack and go around the Dr's office and back to the alley with the gravel lot?

If JR's story is true and he saw her turning onto college, one would assume she took this route home because it's better lit and has sidewalks, as opposed to taking the alley route home.

The "local talk" claim without any links or even been reported in the msm doesn't sound very convincing to me.

I'm not ruling out any possibility...just watching and listening to LE and the family for now. I keep an open mind but also keep on eye on where LE's attention is being drawn.

I went back and read the very first thread the other night; it is interesting to say the least and also has LE talking about searches, warrants, etc, as early as 6/9, so they were doing things. I think the more recent searches are not the first in those houses by any means. Also talked about the US Marshalls coming in to review the local sex offenders. And just lots of bad and conflicting info that was flying at the time, horrible reporting in many cases.

It's funny because in the Holly Bobo case there is also a rumor about the dogs losing the scent at the edge of her property when her brother says she walked into the woods...I think both are just rumors, JMO.

Fact 1: Never said it was factual information -- so I don't know why you are clarifying that which needs no clarification. This is what the witness said, period. I don't know if it is factual information. Just as I don't know that it is factual information which the police have provided on this angle.

Fact 5: Hearsay. Not admissible in court, but certainly admissible in the court of public opinion, and absolutely admissible on this board.

yes, i agree. but just not stated as fact...

I'm not ruling out any possibility...just watching and listening to LE and the family for now. I keep an open mind but also keep on eye on where LE's attention is being drawn.

I went back and read the very first thread the other night; it is interesting to say the least and also has LE talking about searches, warrants, etc, as early as 6/9, so they were doing things. I think the more recent searches are not the first in those houses by any means. Also talked about the US Marshalls coming in to review the local sex offenders. And just lots of bad and conflicting info that was flying at the time, horrible reporting in many cases.

Maybe it's the first time that LE took dogs (possibly cadaver dogs?) there?

I think at some point after LS is sighted at 3:38, she goes to JR's and uses a phone at 4:15 to call dr then she leaves. The local talk is the tracking dogs lost her scent at the gravel parking lot. I beleive she got into a vehicle at that point.

Hi Jade
Thanks for sharing this. How did you hear this rumor that the dogs lost her scent at the gravel parking lot? Are you local?
Thanks
holly

Quote from http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto about CR -

"In 2008, as a resident of Briscoe, Rossman was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of marijuana and maintaining a common nuisance. He was booked into the jail at 6:07 a.m. on Oct. 19, 2008, and released on a $2,000 surety, $500 cash bond five hours later. He entered a pretrial diversion program for one misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana charge and paid a $403 fine for the charge to be dismissed."
A simple possession charge no intent to distribute.At least one of them is a run of the mill college student.And for a fee and a fine we will be more than happy to dismiss the charges.It is all about the money.

I think the reason LE and the parents are "focusing" on the friends is not because they might be responsible, but it's simply because it's all they've got.

I mean, if this is a stranger, what can they focus on??? Who can they look for? The person can be in China right now...

The friends are the focus because it's there that they can find information that can lead them to Lauren...even directly or indirectly... if it's a stranger, the friends are their only hope to get close to what really happened.

At this point, IMO, the friends are all they have.

Because if this is a stranger, well, it's a big freaking world.

I had heard the gravel lot dog thing as well, but I believe police just said it was probably because that is where her scent was the strongest and not necessarily that that is where her journey ended for the night. I am sure scent dogs have helped in cases, but it feels like every case I have seen scent dogs used they have either not helped or been sort of inaccurate. I wouldn't put too much stock in them just smelling her in the gravel lot if that rumor is true.

I am heartened about the way folks in this space are discussing the 3:38a witness sighting with such importance. I am out on a limb on this --being that I am still the only one reporting her existence -- despite police confirmation. Please may I make a very important statement here: This Woman Is A Great Citizen. She saw something and said something. She went to police. She went back to work-up a sketch. I feel that she has been a little left out to dry. Maybe by police, who "debunked" some of her story. Whether she got everything right or not, she is the only person that I know of who has had information about this case and has gone to authorities.

I had heard the gravel lot dog thing as well, but I believe police just said it was probably because that is where her scent was the strongest and not necessarily that that is where her journey ended for the night. I am sure scent dogs have helped in cases, but it feels like every case I have seen scent dogs used they have either not helped or been sort of inaccurate. I wouldn't put too much stock in them just smelling her in the gravel lot if that rumor is true.

I don't believe police have ever said anything about the dogs being able to track her anywhere that night.

I've been reading everyone's likely theories as to what happened. Here are some ideas and concepts I'm struggling with:

First, I just don't agree with the idea that LS got randomly abducted, either on the way to Smallwood or the way to JW's house. Yes, it is possible, but only because anything is possible. Realistically, knowing Bloomington and knowing the areas she would've been walking in, there is a far better chance that she would've been assaulted and raped and left in an alley than to have gotten swooped up in someone's car. Not that the assault/alley combo is likely to begin with, but it's far more likely than her just getting abducted.

The idea that she tried to go to JW's house is not itself implausible, and this is a girl who would've been well-conditioned to making that walk, because JW's house is in a nearly direct line between LS's apartment and the heart of campus, which is where her classes would've likely been. I do think it's more likely that *if* JW is involved, he likely walked over to the area between Smallwood and 5 North --- that walk isn't going to take any more than 8-10 minutes.

Now, regarding the OD theory...I agree with curiousgirl and a few others in that I just can't see an OD being part of this story, for a couple of reasons. First, as has been stated by others, the idea that the guys would freak out to the point of ditching the body after an OD seems implausible, particularly since they were likely as effed up as LS was. Even if they were, the idea that they'd allow the case to fester like this, and possibly put themselves in danger of being accused of murder, makes even less sense.

Plus...think about how this might have gone down. If she ODs and goes into a drug seizure, it's not like she's going to die immediately. Almost anyone watching that situation is going to call 911, because watching someone going through a drug seizure is impossible to ignore. Plus it would leave all sorts of nasty fluids and DNA all over the place...not just on carpets and furniture, but probably on other people's clothes.

If she passed out without seizing up, I can't imagine that her male companion(s) would immediately leap to the conclusion that she was dead. I would think a catatonic LS would have just been laid on the couch to "sleep it off"...not disposed of.

The more I think about this case, the more it seems like the crucial time period is 2:30 AM - 3:00 AM. If you're like me and you discount the OD and abduction theories as implausible, then the prime period of time for something bad to have happened to LS was from the moment she entered Smallwood until the moments after she went out of view of the camera at 10th and College Village.

In lots of cases, people go missing and LE never really has anyone to focus on. It doesn't mean they just "pick" someone or a group of people to focus on. They go with they have and in this case, they seem to have a group of people they can't get past. In Morgan H.'s case, her friends took some heat for a while, it is true, but there were many sightings of Morgan outside the concert hall, and the employees also remembered her leaving and trying to get back in, In this case, LE seems to have Lauren with her friends up to a point (2:51AM) and then poof, she vanishes, never to be seen by anyone again. I believe LE goes where the evidence takes them and seeing them search yesterday after three plus weeks could be the result of having uncovered some additional evidence, for all we know.

I just hope that it is a "news" conference tomorrow, and not just a press conference. It would be great to hear that some people have been ruled out, or that more have come forward with info for LE. That could have happened, and could have prompted more searching as well.

TG-I hope I have never seemed like I or others here who are skeptical of her account are hanging her out to dry. I am skeptical that she saw Lauren at 338, but I do truly believe she believes she saw Lauren and is trying to help.

While I have no idea what happened to LS, I have to completely disagree with the premise that an overdose and then disposal of the body is "implausible." Considering that there are quite a few cases where somebody overdosed and the body was disposed, how exactly is it implausible?

Is it just me or would anyone else really like to know the exact details of what happened after CR's was put to bed...the details between him being put to bed and her supposedly been seen by JR at the corner. Where did she go first..how long was she there..what did they do...what made her leave to the next guy...am I wrong in hearing that after Cr's she was at two places? What in the heck went on at these two places?

Do cars normally park in the gravel lot? Is it normally empty through the middle of the night?
What is normally there.

Most importantly, if that rumor is even true, what explains her scent ending THERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone