IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't really had a "theory" of what happened, because I still go back and forth between several scenarios.

The top of my list are:

1) something happened while she was with JR. He didn't intentionally hurt her. I dont believe any of her friends would do something intentional to her. In this instance JR had something to do with her disappearance, but I can't put together a scenario that I trust yet.

2) stranger abduction of a random person noticing a cute drunk girl walking, and stole her.

sadly, neither of these situations would bode well for LS in the end. I rarely enjoy being wrong, but I would LOVE to be wrong here.

That's what makes for an interesting case for me-so many possibilities and still no real clue as to what happened. I am concerned though that LE also has no clue.

This is exactly how I feel... like LE has no clue. That's why I don't think the pointing their attention to the friends means anything.

But I could be wrong.

Ultimately, even though I seem to feel strongly about a stranger crime, if I had to really say how I feel, I'd say :fence:

I am heartened about the way folks in this space are discussing the 3:38a witness sighting with such importance. I am out on a limb on this --being that I am still the only one reporting her existence -- despite police confirmation. Please may I make a very important statement here: This Woman Is A Great Citizen. She saw something and said something. She went to police. She went back to work-up a sketch. I feel that she has been a little left out to dry. Maybe by police, who "debunked" some of her story. Whether she got everything right or not, she is the only person that I know of who has had information about this case and has gone to authorities.
I have to say Tony your total lack of an explanation in your article of how and why she noted the exact time has bothered me.

What do you think are the unusual parts of this Missing Person case? I think...

1. There was a lot of 'drama' leading up to the disappearance. Most of the time when we hear of missing persons they are usually described as 'just going about their daily business, then poof they're gone'. But LS's night had a lot of strange twists and turns - a girl without shoes and cellphone, a fight, visiting several different apartments.

2. There are several POIs, they mostly know each other, but yet they weren't all together at that the time of the disappearance. I think the POI usually tends to focus on a stranger abduction or the boyfriend, coworker, etc. But here you have several different people that fit a POI.

What are some things you see in this case that you haven't seen in other similar cases?

1. There was a lot of 'drama' leading up to the disappearance. Most of the time when we hear of missing persons they are usually described as 'just going about their daily business, then poof they're gone'. But LS's night had a lot of strange twists and turns - a girl without shoes and cellphone, a fight, visiting several different apartments.

2. There are several POIs, they mostly know each other, but yet they weren't all together at that the time of the disappearance. I think the POI usually tends to focus on a stranger abduction or the boyfriend, coworker, etc. But here you have several different people that fit a POI.

What are some things you see in this case that you haven't seen in other similar cases?

3. The public is not really sure where to place the blame. In most cases, we all focus on one person, the stepmother, the boyfriend, the sex offender... in this case, we have our opinions, sometimes the heat was on Rossman, others it was on Wolfe, now it's on Rosenbaum... but ultimately, we are all pretty much open to every possibility. This is really rare.

A roomate that has SO much to say about the events that occurred that night, yet she wasn't even there. I haven't figured out yet if that makes her look guilty...or just an attention seeker. (her posing for media photos was completely tasteless and just makes me slide toward the attention seeker angle.)

Well JW was supposedly watching a basketball game. Is it out of the realm of possibility that a group of college students watching a game could have been drinking beer or other alcoholic beverages? So I don't understand how you can know that JW was in fact sober? And we don't know for a fact if JR was drinking anything either.

Well, I never said JW was "sober"...just that he likely "wasn't partying" (read: doing coke and/or xanax). The alibi I read for JW was that he had watched the game, tried to get ahold of LS unsuccessfully, went to sleep, and woke up the next day not being able to get ahold of her. To me, that doesn't sound like someone up doing drugs.

By contrast, JR hosted a party that was going at least as early as 12:45 AM (and probably earlier), and given LS' supposed level of intoxication at Sports, it seems likely that JR was also partaking in similar chemicals.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I don't really agree with it. IF we are to believe that she OD'd, it had to have happened between 2:52 AM and sunrise. There are going to be varying levels of sobriety among the POIs during that period. But if we believe that LS left MB/CR's apartment and continued the party at JR's, that would seem to indicate a far greater level of intoxication on the part of JR than that of the other known POIs. Hence my earlier statements that I don't believe JR and his mystery guest could have effectively pulled off hiding an OD'd LS, even if they'd wanted to (which I have my doubts about).

I think it would be entirely possible to move a little body from 5 north to a vehicle parked behind the building. Remember: no cameras, construction on two sides and surrounded by little else on other 2 sides. After the parking spaces and a little drive off into the alley or morton st. Is a large grassy patch, a fee trees, few bushes. Basically enough cover. But as the 3:38 incident illustrates, it's no big deal to walk around with a girl slung over the shoulder.

Explanation? She insisted on it. I can't explain any further.

I have a question.

She was so close that she saw that LS's eyes were half shut, and also heard what the man said to her about offering to take her home.

Does the witness state HOW he asked to take her home? As a woman, I can picture this in two different scenarios.

1. complete creep looking for something more.
2. concerned friend asking if he could take her home

Oh, one more question, did she feel scared at all by this encounter? Like did she feel that this mystery man compromised her safety?

ETA: I posted "offering to give her a ride home", but i meant that he offered to take her home. I didn't want it to be implied that he was in a car.

I think it would be entirely possible to move a little body from 5 north to a vehicle parked behind the building. Remember: no cameras, construction on two sides and surrounded by little else on other 2 sides. After the parking spaces and a little drive off into the alley or morton st. Is a large grassy patch, a fee trees, few bushes. Basically enough cover. But as the 3:38 incident illustrates, it's no big deal to walk around with a girl slung over the shoulder.

Assuming it's the vehicle of one of the POI's? But didn't the police obtain search warrants early on the investigation? I'd assume the cars were the first place they looked...

And another thing...This vehicle does not even belong to any POI. It is long gone and if they're careful it will never enter city of bloomington again.

Explanation? She insisted on it. I can't explain any further.

Hi Tony
Thanks for your efforts, here.
Your witness gives a detailed description of the male, height weight, haircolor, sideburns polo. What details /words did she use to describe the physical features of the female?

thank you

And another thing...This vehicle does not even belong to any POI. It is long gone and if they're careful it will never enter city of bloomington again.

is this speculation? who would own this vehicle? JR's guest? Well, now they have ID'd him as well...

Assuming it's the vehicle of one of the POI's? But didn't the police obtain search warrants early on the investigation? I'd assume the cars were the first place they looked...

I don't believe the cars were searched very early on. And I don't think they searched every one that may have been involved

Kind of OT, but I am reading a book about missing persons cases over the past century or so, and a study was done over an 8-yr period on amnesia, determining that 50% of all cases were faked, and more so when the person had something to gain, or to lose, by having amnesia. For what it's worth.

I don't believe the cars were searched very early on. And I don't think they searched every one that may have been involved

They said they obtained search warrants very early on. And even if they didn't, foresenic evidence of a body on a trunk would still be traceable.

They listed the POI's early on, I think they probably did searh their homes/cars. It would be crazy not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic