IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we had established that is not the case. Cameras are in specific areas so depending on the route POIs would not necessarily be on camera.

I would think most parking garages and parking lots have exit/entrance cams?

I think if LE is allowing them to use their facility to make a message regarding the case including to "parent's of kids" that LE is likely behind them figuratively and literally in allowing them to use BPD office and the authority behind same to make such statements.

IMHO, to paraphrase Mrs Spierer the BPD and Spierer family are an 'investigative team' and the focus seems to be on students.

Anyone still think this was a stranger abduction? If so, love to hear your theory.

So what do you do now if you are a suspicious parent?

Does anyone know how many houses there are from JR's apartment to the last known sighting of Lauren? Has each and everyone of these houses been thoroughly searched?

I do not believe police would have a right to search a house simply because it is located between JR's apartment and a last known sighting of missing person.
The police would either have to have some info to get a search warrant, or people living there would have to agree to a search.

From observing some of the resent and not so recent cases, it appears plenty of parents would protect their children no matter what.

I would snoop around my son's stuff and prove his innocence without a doubt. Blood may be thicker than water but not IMO in this scenerio...

It is a plus in this search that the girl who was found deceased trapped in the duct vent was found that way this week. LE in alot of missing persons cases will now look in odd spots that may not have crossed their minds before.

From observing some of the resent and not so recent cases, it appears plenty of parents would protect their children no matter what.

Unfortunately you are right, sad but true.

I would snoop around my son's stuff and prove his innocence without a doubt. Blood may be thicker than water but not IMO in this scenerio...

But what if your hypothetical son wasn't so innocent? A lot of people would chose to protect their child no matter what, I am sorry to say.

Forgot to mention that someone is paying for these high priced lawyers and its not the kids!

But what if your hypothetical son wasn't so innocent? A lot of people would chose to protect their child no matter what, I am sorry to say.

I was raised to take responsibility for your actions and your actions alone. I would turn him in. Without hesitation, but my sone would not put himself in that situation.

Kids will tell their parents that they had nothing to do with it, that they dont know what happened, and that they are scared that they are being made out to be criminals. Parents will naturally believe their kids and do whatever it takes to protect them and their rights.

BTW, one big reason why defense attorneys, if they are going to allow their clients to communicate with cops at all, is to do so in writing. This way, whatever statements the client makes to the cops can not be "misremembered", miscontrued, or just plain lied about. It is very common for cops to take verbal statements from people, and report something completely different or crucially different than what the interviewee actually said or recalls saying.

I've been following this story and this thread..I also just watched the PC with her parents...
Perhaps some, or all of the PsOI know or suspect what happened to her but are afraid of retaliation by an unnamed person(perhaps a drug dealer?). Let's say someone else at JR's apt was a person they all feared. LS leaves JR apt and maybe he does watch her walk to the corner, but is watching her with someone else...Perhaps they are yelling after her, cracking jokes because shes so wasted...and then, perhaps, this other person decides to go after her...JR is wired, or tired so doesnt think much about it...depending on the timeline, maybe HE is the one who tries to call DR.........just to give him heads up that LS needs someone to let her in building...JR goes to bed...
The next day, all hell breaks loose..JR doesnt know what to think...maybe he shares the info about who went after Lauren and warns them to not say anything...Or maybe this other person told him something went down with LS and to keep his mouth shut...

So as a society we are fine with that, are we not?

I have been thinking along those lines as well.

I think it was pretty clear that something does happen in the alley that LE alluded to as "activity in the alley"
a pursuit and encounter is as good of a theory to me as any at this point.

1) why doesn't LE elaborate what they meant by "Activity" on that alley cam?
I can't see how it benefits to keep it secret.
2) WHO hit CR and WHY?
3) why are some POI's public and yet others anonymous?

My feeling is that parents in this case will protect their children even if they know some or part of the story, imo. Especially in this case, where LS' intoxicated condition that night (if true) gives parents of a potential body-disposer a moral 'out'--i.e. this is tragic but the girl made terrible decisions and I won't let this accident ruin my son's life, etc.

Sad, but this is the win-at-all-costs world we live in.

1) why doesn't LE elaborate what they meant by "Activity" on that alley cam?
I can't see how it benefits to keep it secret.
2) WHO hit CR and WHY?
3) why are some POI's public and yet others anonymous?

There are WILD rumors out there on campus that one of the POIs is an informant. Has anyone here heard that either? That may be why LE is not releasing everything and parents are mum on the whole drug thing.

LE almost always tapes statements and interviews with witnesses/POI's/suspects in every case these days, it is often to their benefit to do to. I doubt anyone has to worry about making statements to LE and having LE put a spin on them. And no one is even asking for anyone to come forward without an attorney. But I also agree there is a big difference between making a statement via your attorney and sitting down with said attorney and talking with police. That is one way to try to clear ones self.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove