IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.......reading what Gabby was talking about, I fear that my original post may have become misunderstood along the way...... )

Berk -Your post was very clear to me. I was just "transferring" the same thing to others, suggesting a possible reason for why POI's names may be kept quiet, in the event that they may have had the same behavior.

Sorry, Walker, you'll have to cross off any upsetting course performance as a reason for LS to flee from your list too. Weeks ago I read an interview with her fashion design professor who said she was an excellent student, very engaged, did extra work or stayed late to do extra work, that she was skilled and had potential.

Do you have a link?

Was this her current professor in the summer school class?

Why don't you consider the articles that reference a Manhattan location for her internship?

A lot of times, people will hear "New York" and assume NYC.

Link: http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...riends-school-reflect-missing-college-student

LoHud covers Westchester County, which is where the mall is. Therefore, that detail is probably correct.

Is the Westchester one easier to criticize? Even if she does have to pay for the internship credit, so what? In her industry as a sophomore, Anthropologie is a get.

Of course, we have a bad economy, but I have heard at least one person complain about how bored she is working in that same mall for a retailer which is equally trendy.

I know police supposedly cleared the white truck, but does anyone else find this picture too coincidental????

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/07/09/new-tweets-and-twitpics/arjun-twitpic-truck/

Maybe there really were 2 white trucks, and the delivery guy was only 1 of them??

And add:
Whose truck is that? AB's? Or someone else's?

That's the same truck!

Remember they said the truck passed around the area twice, then LE said they screwed up, and it was only 1 time.
Maybe there were two different times, and two different trucks!

Or maybe they were misleading the public the entire time?

The AB one looks like a Chevy Tahoe to me. Plus the wheel is different from the photo.

For example, see:
http://www.web2carz.com/40481076/2007/chevrolet/tahoe/used-cars/for-sale?w2caf=50de523ede971194

That white truck doesn't even look like the one pictured to me.

There are only 2 things which have crossed my mind and both of them involve HT. I was curious if she was from Israel. The reason is that she may have some different perspectives and be more trusting of people if she grew up in Israel. I found some of her statements released in the beginning to sound rather naive, perhaps the press just filtered it that way.

The other reason I asked is because it seemed that people not going to IU showed up as the term was ending, and had seen some posts about diplomatic immunity and such. I was curious if there were possibly people from the Middle East visiting during this time. it's certainly a stretch given the far more likely scenarios, but there have been abduction cases where people with diplomatic immunity have used their status to shanghai (often drunk or drugged) women on private jets.

I'm sorry I can't help but feel like this perspective is extremely prejudiced. You clearly know very little about the middle east, specifically Israel. HT is most likely a first generation American, probably one or both parents from israel. Israelis are not extremely trusting people, if anything we are the ones who are too trustworthy and naive. I really think we need to put this whole israel/middle east connection out of our collective mind.

I didn't mean to bring HT's probable Israeli heritage up, just trying to set a few things straight.

I'm sorry I can't help but feel like this perspective is extremely prejudiced. You clearly know very little about the middle east, specifically Israel. HT is most likely a first generation American, probably one or both parents from israel. Israelis are not extremely trusting people, if anything we are the ones who are too trustworthy and naive. I really think we need to put this whole israel/middle east connection out of our collective mind. I didn't mean to bring HT's probable Israeli heritage up, just trying to set a few things straight.

I disagree. Other people have the right to express their opinions.

Why do feel such an intense need to control the discussion?

I'm not trying to control the discussion, I just feel like some of the posts about Israel and Judaism on here can be misinforming and off topic. I apologize for stating my opinion but in all honesty this is how I feel. It seems like every few posts brings up some extremely far fetched israeli conspiracy and I think it's counterproductive.

Walker I do not appreciate the edit without noting it. You made a pretty harsh accusation, and now it's been edited to something more appropriate.

Re. HT

To my knowledge her name is actually Turkish. First name and last name. There is no way she is from Israel

I dont know what relevance this is but I thought I would put it out there

Re. HT

To my knowledge her name is actually Turkish. First name and last name. There is no way she is from Israel

I dont know what relevance this is but I thought I would put it out there

How do you figure that? I know Israelis with those names, her first name is especially common.

Edit:
http://www.behindthename.com/name/hadar

Also they met at an overnight camp that is mostly jewish and observes Shabbat services

Walker I do not appreciate the edit without noting it. You made a pretty harsh accusation, and now it's been edited to something more appropriate.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6887852&postcount=616"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16[/ame]

Text of link to post on our last thread:
With the moderator's permission, I would just like to clarify one of my theories, the runaway theory.

It has been brought to my attention that some people may have misunderstood my suggestion.

Because there are other theories out there, maybe they sort of run together in people's minds.

In any case, please note that I most certainly did not intend to imply that LS had any involvement with a criminal gang based in Israel, nor was I considering that she had been a victim of such a gang.

Reviewing my posts will confirm that what I meant to suggest is this scenario: Let's imagine a young, sensitive, perhaps idealistic person who decides to start a new life in a different place. She has just returned recently from another country. She may decide of her own accord to return there or to some other place which she feels favorably toward.

Remember the adult run-away deserves compassion. Judging them as necessarily hating their family or being irresponsible is not fair. The phenomenon is not well-understood. Because an adult running away involves private and often family issues, the public is almost never given a complete explanation in such cases.

A few years ago, we had one such case in my region. Luckily the young missing woman was found, partly as a result of the publicity surrounding the case. After she was found, the family asked people not to continue to make inquiries, since they needed their privacy. Of course, their request was well-justified.

We can see that by the very nature of this behavior, we cannot easily understand the motives. And, we should therefore withhold judgement.

Thank you for allowing me to clear up this misunderstanding.

I'm not trying to control the discussion, I just feel like some of the posts about Israel and Judaism on here can be misinforming and off topic. I apologize for stating my opinion but in all honesty this is how I feel. It seems like every few posts brings up some extremely far fetched israeli conspiracy and I think it's counterproductive.

Please see my previous post. I did not mean that there was an Israeli conspiracy.

Do you have a link?

Was this her current professor in the summer school class?

A lot of times, people will hear "New York" and assume NYC.

Link: http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...riends-school-reflect-missing-college-student

LoHud covers Westchester County, which is where the mall is. Therefore, that detail is probably correct.

Of course, we have a bad economy, but I have heard at least one person complain about how bored she is working in that same mall for a retailer which is equally trendy.

No, Walker. Manhattan is not in Westchester County! LoHud is not the only media source about this internship subject and the mall in Westchester is not the only location with an Anthropologie store. Re: The bad economy and the fact that a person complained about her/her job at the mall...what does this have to do with LS?

No, Walker. Manhattan is not in Westchester County!

My post:

I did not say that Manhattan is in Westchester. The mall is in Westchester.

LoHud is not the only media source about this internship subject and the mall in Westchester is not the only location with an Anthropologie store.

LoHud said that the internship was at the Westchester mall in White Plains. LoHud is short for "Lower Hudson" and it covers Westchester County news.

Remember the adult run-away deserves compassion. Judging them as necessarily hating their family or being irresponsible is not fair. The phenomenon is not well-understood. Because an adult running away involves private and often family issues, the public is almost never given a complete explanation in such cases.

Who are you talking about? LS? Or a hypothetical person? Are you trying to tell us not to judge a person should this happen or are you trying to tell us LS may hate her family?

A few years ago, we had one such case in my region. Luckily the young missing woman was found, partly as a result of the publicity surrounding the case. After she was found, the family asked people not to continue to make inquiries, since they needed their privacy. Of course, their request was well-justified.

Not sure I follow. Is this anecdote or are you trying to tell us that we shouldn't ask questions should LS return? That we should be compassionate? But no one has been reported to have ran away!

We can see that by the very nature of this behavior, we cannot easily understand the motives. And, we should therefore withhold judgement.

Again. I don't follow. Of what behavior are you speaking? What judgements have passed here?

My post:

I did not say that Manhattan is in Westchester. The mall is in Westchester.
LoHud said that the internship was at the Westchester mall in White Plains. LoHud is short for "Lower Hudson" and it covers Westchester County news.

Why don't you consider the articles that reference a Manhattan location for her internship?

I can think of a scenario where someone wanted
to subdue CR so they could get to LS and slipped something to both of
them. But that would have been someone at Kilroy's or earlier in the
evening at JR's (because by 3:00am CR was already useless)
I admit I have not gone into the timeline in as great a detail as I intend
to so I don't know if the opportunity to use the drug came along at
any later time in the evening.
That having been said: I see no cause to think you are being
unreasonable. What does that do for how you see the case?

Meaning that I think we can discuss the case responsibly
(with the help of the moderators) and maybe lend a hand to LE and the
missing persons family.
I would hate to see this case be added to the long and growing list
of unsolved missing person cases....there's just too many.
I doubt my (or anyone's) waiting for evidence to surface before proposing
a theory would cause the case to go unsolved but I have said my piece
on that subject in previous posts and as I am not trying to make enemies
I don't see anything more to say about it at this time.

We do agree on at least one thing (and I hope on we agree on many more
in the future):
Like you, I think there are too many unsolved cases in the world.
Here's hoping this case is resolved and resolved sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member