IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(snipped)

But the witness didn't describe Lauren as being unconscious, did she? Didn't she describe her as being "barely able to speak" and walk? She was close enough to hear the man asking Lauren if he could take her home.

I agree. I read somewhere (?) that the 3:38am witness said something like "the young girl stumbled, fell and hit her head."

I think JR is guilty because he said Lauren called DR to find out where her shoes were.Come on if she was that messed up and had been all that time without shoes why worry about it then.Kilroy's was closed by that time.It just doesn't add up at all.Or was he covering for CR.Do we know for a fact she made it to JR's?

I am only going to respond about number two as I agree with number 1. Whether or not Smallwood would be hustling and bustling is beside the point. In an apartment full of college students there is a high liklihood of someone being up and I dont think it would ever come into their mind to attempt bringing her back there. I think the gravel lot is the place where Lauren dissapeared from. I am not sure of whether I think it is where they drove off with her body or where she was abducted, but I think it is the spot where she was moved from the general area.

I agree, and what was said in the 6/13 presser about a vehicle goes along with your theory:

"Other than that, if we can get the best quality product out there from whatever enhancement is able to be done, then we are able to put a more specific type of vehicle out there and in essence minimize the number of phone calls that we get that will allow us to focus more specifically on the vehicle and/or the individual that may have been driving that."
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6884658&postcount=508"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16[/ame]

I think JR is guilty because he said Lauren called DR to find out where her shoes were.Come on if she was that messed up and had been all that time without shoes why worry about it then.Kilroy's was closed by that time.It just doesn't add up at all.Or was he covering for CR.Do we know for a fact she made it to JR's?

I think it was reported that she was asking about the cell phone, not the shoes.

I do not read anything into the lawyer thing. If I were the last known person to have been with someone who is now missing, regardless of my level of guilt or participation, you bet that I would be hiring the best representation available. It may (or may not) be just that.

MOO

I think it was reported that she was asking about the cell phone, not the shoes.

I don't think the subject of the phone call is known, DR didn't pick up and HT is the one who said LS uses JRs phone in the first place.

I agree - it could be innocent behavior OR guilty behavior. We have no way of knowing based on the limited info we've been given. The reason I said I can't put him on the bottom of the list of POIs is precisely because his behavior could go either way.

Pedrosmom, you said this:

Did you make that statement as a theory, or do you have some proof/evidence to back it up? I hadn't heard that he was possessive before so I'm curious.

It has been mentioned on this thread early on several times as well as others. I'm not making it up. It was once described that he "belonged" to her. I'll try and find the link but I believe it was someone close to her that described their relationship. More recently on a different site, it was the parents that alluded to their relationship as being dysfunctional as of late. I will find and post what was on WS and links to any outside sources.

I don't think the subject of the phone call is known, DR didn't pick up and HT is the one who said LS uses JRs phone in the first place.

IIRC HT said that JR told her that LS had called DR to see if he knew where her phone was. Now whether LS actually did make the call, who knows. This is just what JR allegedly told HT.

(snipped)

But the witness didn't describe Lauren as being unconscious, did she? Didn't she describe her as being "barely able to speak" and walk? She was close enough to hear the man asking Lauren if he could take her home.

This is a great point because:

- Is "Can I take you home"? something that one would say to a familiar in a situation like that?
Or would it be more like "Come on, I'm taking you home".

- "Can I take you home" or "Can I help you"? sounds more like a stranger talking or a familiar wanting to sound like a stranger imho.

- Point being...if I were to come across a stranger in such a condition as described (unable to talk, walk, keep eyes open) I would automatically call for help, especially if they had hit their head.

- Unless I know the person I'm not going to know where "home is" and they are in no condition to tell me.

- What the 3:38 witness describes sounds to me like a situation where whomever picked the girl up knew exactly where they were going with her.

so....?

...and maybe this is why LE discounts the sighting. Maybe they know more about it and know who the people are? I don't know.

It has been mentioned on this thread early on several times as well as others. I'm not making it up. It was once described that he "belonged" to her. I'll try and find the link but I believe it was someone close to her that described their relationship. More recently on a different site, it was the parents that alluded to their relationship as being dysfunctional as of late. I will find and post what was on WS and links to any outside sources.

Not sure that this is true at all. I dont remember anything about her "belonging" to him. Many relationships become dysfunctional because one member has graduated college and the other is staying. With all the bizarre behavior of JR and the lack of consistency or ability to verify what he has said, I find it hard to put JW ahead of any of the friends she was actually with that night.

- Is "Can I take you home"? something that one would say to a familiar in a situation like that?
Or would it be more like "Come on, I'm taking you home".

- "Can I take you home" or "Can I help you"? sounds more like a stranger talking or a familiar wanting to sound like a stranger imho.

- Point being...if I were to come across a stranger in such a condition as described (unable to talk, walk, keep eyes open) I would automatically call for help, especially if they had hit their head.

- Unless I know the person I'm not going to know where "home is" and they are in no condition to tell me.

- What the 3:38 witness describes sounds to me like a situation where whomever picked the girl up knew exactly where they were going with her.

so....?

...and maybe this is why LE discounts the sighting. Maybe they know more about it and know who the people are? I don't know.

I agree with you - the phrasing of this person doesn't sound like a stranger. Also, the way LE phrased things at the Press Conference, it sounded to me like they DO have video of this account. but maybe at a different location/time. There was something mentioned that everyone on the video is known to LE (There was something mentioned about activity in that area an hour before, which tells me that maybe they did see this on the video at another time/location that describes this situation.)

Actually, people who are innocent need good defense attorneys. The latest article of Indianapolis Monthly has an article about someone wrongfully accused of murder who hired Jim Voyles. Also, remember the Duke lacrosse team.

I was in Bloomington last week and noticed that the sidewalk south of 11th on the west side of College was torn up. It would not have been comfortable to walk barefoot on the gravel. Does anyone here know the condition of that sidewalk on June 3?

I'm frustrated that the LE folks are so unforthcoming. Reminding me way way way too much of Kyron's case, with all the delaying and the BSing frankly and the sheriff being way out of his league. When someone is missing, I feel you go all out, ALL OUT in searching, in sharing, because when they play it too close WITHOUT REASON, it ends up never being solved. Sometimes they don't want to "compromise" the case, but it turns out they never go anywhere with it at all, it's never solved, no one is ever charged, there's no closure. JMO.

I'm frustrated that the LE folks are so unforthcoming. Reminding me way way way too much of Kyron's case, with all the delaying and the BSing frankly and the sheriff being way out of his league. When someone is missing, I feel you go all out, ALL OUT in searching, in sharing, because when they play it too close WITHOUT REASON, it ends up never being solved. Sometimes they don't want to "compromise" the case, but it turns out they never go anywhere with it at all, it's never solved, no one is ever charged, there's no closure. JMO.

I agree. the 3:38 witness who saw the young blond woman fall and hit her head was slung over the shoulder of a man.

The witness was called to the police station to help the police draw a sketch of the man and the police never gave the drawing to the media to publish.

I agree. the 3:38 witness who saw the young blond woman fall and hit her head was slung over the shoulder of a man.

The witness was called to the police station to help the police draw a sketch of the man and the police never gave the drawing to the media to publish.

I believe LE knows who the person is, even if the time and/or location does not match...maybe they found out afterward and that is why the woman was not able to identify a photo from whatever photos she was shown.

LE always seems to walk a tightrope in these cases and almost always chooses to release as little info as possible...I have seen very few cases where this has actually turned out to be beneficial to anyone, least of all the missing person. I fear it is already almost too late...most of the students are gone, memories of one "drunken" night vs. another will be cloudy, etc. I wonder if her parents, claiming to be on the "team" with LE, are actually in agreement with all of the secrecy; I never felt that Desiree Young was/is actually in step with LE on their handling of Kyron's investigation, no matter what she says publicly.

I believe LE knows who the person is, even if the time and/or location does not match...maybe they found out afterward and that is why the woman was not able to identify a photo from whatever photos she was shown.

LE always seems to walk a tightrope in these cases and almost always chooses to release as little info as possible...I have seen very few cases where this has actually turned out to be beneficial to anyone, least of all the missing person. I fear it is already almost too late...most of the students are gone, memories of one "drunken" night vs. another will be cloudy, etc. I wonder if her parents, claiming to be on the "team" with LE, are actually in agreement with all of the secrecy; I never felt that Desiree Young was/is actually in step with LE on their handling of Kyron's investigation, no matter what she says publicly.
In a perfect world, one would like to think that LE would only ask for the help they need.
That's why when the media starts to report on a MP story, there is a flow of information that comes out and then at some point it just stops. Lately the information flow in cases coincides with calling off public searches. You also have to consider that any release of information is strategic, usually only giving basic details, and that strategy may very well be to protect the integrity of the LE agency,or "the investigation", much more so than any single case. In the LS case, most of what we are discussing is hearsay and arguable rumors. Imagine the reaction if we knew LE was not following up on credible leads, or overlooking an eye witness account because they didn't like that person or thought an aspect of their account was not accurate. If they do not discuss it publicly, it's like it never happened and there is no consequence.
Not that I always agree with this philosophy, but it has become the norm in these cases.

In a perfect world, one would like to think that LE would only ask for the help they need.
That's why when the media starts to report on a MP story, there is a flow of information that comes out and then at some point it just stops. Lately the information flow in cases coincides with calling off public searches. You also have to consider that any release of information is strategic, usually only giving basic details, and that strategy may very well be to protect the integrity of the LE agency,or "the investigation", much more so than any single case. In the LS case, most of what we are discussing is hearsay and arguable rumors. Imagine the reaction if we knew LE was not following up on credible leads, or overlooking an eye witness account because they didn't like that person or thought an aspect of their account was not accurate. If they do not discuss it publicly, it's like it never happened and there is no consequence.
Not that I always agree with this philosophy, but it has become the norm in these cases.

It is a crying shame, that anyone...specifically LE would have any objective other than finding Lauren. Their own protection of integrity OR the desire to control the evidence to prosecute a suspect should be a FAR second....although it doesn't seem to be the case too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay