IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not one shred of evidence that he was anywhere but home that night and morning. For him to be involved it would mean that he would have left his house, which is a good several blocks from the area in question, undetected, in downtown Bloomington, where even though it was 3 or 4 am there are still people on the streets. He would be among people who surely knew him or at least his face because that is just the nature of Indiana University students and downtown Bloomington. He is the only PIO that has not been absolutely placed either at Smallwood, 5 North, and/or both.

Hmmm.

So someone made LS disappear, unobserved, without a trace, for 50+ days, but JW can't disappear, unobserved, without a trace, for a few hours?

Plus, it's not as if BPD deployed search dogs at JW's residence as recently as 6/29 to confer a good guy award. They presumably had their reasons, even & despite JW's self-avowed cooperation.

No, I'm not pointing at JW. From the accounts I've read, JW's behavior in the aftermath of the disappearance evinced consistent, authentic concern (and cooperation).

Just saying it's way too early to anoint saints or sinners until LS is found.

My request was for a plausible scenario in which JW is responsible or knowledgeable.

The only scenario I can come up with would probably leave clues and evidence
in his cell phone records.
I know that my son, in that situation, would keep calling his GF, if he was expecting her to come over after she was out drinking. I know he would be a combination of worried and pissed off. So, imo, he would go looking for her if she was not answering her cell at 3 am, and she was out drinking alone. He would do so for her safety and for his jealous suspicions as well. That is just my gut level feeling. But I do not know JW, and maybe he is more laid back than my son.

But one possible scenario is that one of his friends texts him and says she is out drunk with JR, and they are all over each other. That one call could send him out into the night looking for her. She would be pretty easy to find in that case.

I think if it were a stranger abduction we would have found her already by the side of a road somewhere. If she had OD'ed and was dumped by her 'friends', same thing. Since she has not been found it makes me more suspicious of close friends or boyfriends.

What is the basis for your belief that he had any reason to be concerned, angry, or jealous?

Well now, while I'm not the OP, this is pretty straightforward. Here's a guy who has, in the week leading up to LS' disappearance:

1) Seen her break up with him on Facebook (and probably in real life)
2) Seen her go to the Indy 500 with a large group of people that doesn't include him
3) Been blown off by LS throughout the evening via text (and possibly even via voice call)

I tend to agree that JW didn't have anything to do with what transpired, but this notion that he wouldn't have had any knowledge of what was going on (or cared enough to become enraged about it) seems rather implausible given the circumstances.

1) Seen her break up with him on Facebook (and probably in real life)
2) Seen her go to the Indy 500 with a large group of people that doesn't include him

I have seen no solid evidence of 1. Do you have some? I have also seen none of 2, though I believe it's probably correct, given the absence of any report that he went on the trip.

If they had broken up on facebook/in real life, then why would HT have said in a public forum that they planned to get together later that night (which of course is the whole basis for the belief that JW should/would have gone looking for her)?

On my mind: "Routine" checklists. AKA chores which BPD undoubtedly completed since they apparently have the time to scrub Facebook pages.

A list of all single dwellings & multi-dwellings, corresponding background checks and, preferably, interviews of all residents along the presumed route LS might've taken from 5 North to Smallwood, starting from PLS. Example: there's an AB listed along N. College who is probably *not* the AMB from Bloomington that appears in court records for several felony offenses since 1999, including robbery, theft, dealing narcotics (twice) -- but could've been. (cf. James Lee Troutman, Mitchell Brokob, Lawrence Sigmund Bittaker & Roy Lewis Norris et al.)

A crosscheck of all vehicle owner/operators who were issued traffic citations *or* parking tickets approximate to the time and place of LS's last reported whereabouts (cf. Robert Lee Yates, Joel Patrick Courtney, Sam Berkowitz et al.).

A review of all BPD incident reports approximate to the time of LS's last reported whereabouts. Breaks & solves often occur when seemingly unconnected incidents reveal otherwise upon closer examination (cf. Richard Allen Davis et al.)

A comparison of traffic/surveillance video footage approximate to the time and place of LS's last known whereabouts covering the days *prior* and the days following LS's disappearance. Pattern changes -- e.g., the sudden absence of commercial vehicles, drivers/delivery personnel and/or early commuters etc. routinely captured by traffic cams on the road at that hour -- following LS's disappearance should be noted (cf. Elias Abuelazam et al.).

A review of local truck/van rentals in the days immediately following LS's disappearance. (cf. Peter Hommerson, David Daniel Nicholas & Linda Fernandez et al.)

A review of stolen vehicle reports in the days immediately following LS's disappearance. (cf. Jose Antonio Garcia-Morfin et al.)

Hmmm.

So someone made LS disappear, unobserved, without a trace, for 50+ days, but JW can't disappear, unobserved, without a trace, for a few hours?

Plus, it's not as if BPD deployed search dogs at JW's residence as recently as 6/29 to confer a good guy award. They presumably had their reasons, even & despite JW's self-avowed cooperation.

No, I'm not pointing at JW. From the accounts I've read, JW's behavior in the aftermath of the disappearance evinced consistent, authentic concern (and cooperation).

Just saying it's way too early to anoint saints or sinners until LS is found.

I wouldnt put to much weight into the dog search. They searched JR and JW's residence. Two people with totally opposite stories. The guilt of one proves the innocence of the other. I think BPD is either A) focused on one of them and searched the other house as a decoy or B) they are grasping at straws.

I know that my son, in that situation, would keep calling his GF, if he was expecting her to come over after she was out drinking. I know he would be a combination of worried and pissed off. So, imo, he would go looking for her if she was not answering her cell at 3 am, and she was out drinking alone. He would do so for her safety and for his jealous suspicions as well. That is just my gut level feeling. But I do not know JW, and maybe he is more laid back than my son.

I would think your son would be overly possessive if that is what he would do. IMHO of course.

What is the basis for your belief that he had any reason to be concerned, angry, or jealous?

I see several reasons for concern. One, she had been arrested for public intoxication before. That does not happen unless you are really messed up and unable to control your self. Especially in a college town. So he had good reason to be concerned about her being out drinking without him. He would know that she sometimes drinks too much and is potentially 'out of control.'

Two, she had plans to come and be with him. So he knows she is out drinking and then she stops answering her cell and is ignoring the plans they made.

As her boyfriend, that should make him feel worried about her safety, if at 3 am she does not answer his calls, after making plans to meet up. Who isn't worried about a pretty young drunk co-ed out in the middle of the night ?

And underneath the concern there would likely be some jealousy. His gf is very pretty. So he has thoughts of his petite, blonde gf, smashed, wandering around Kilroy's, hanging out with whomever. Why wouldn't he be jealous?
They dated for 2 years, is that right? Sounds kind of serious.

I wouldnt put to much weight into the dog search. They searched JR and JW's residence. Two people with totally opposite stories. The guilt of one proves the innocence of the other. I think BPD is either A) focused on one of them and searched the other house as a decoy or B) they are grasping at straws.

They also had to have probable reason to search and we don't really know what
they found.I think they are trying to put the pressure on them.I put a bit into
the dog search.

"Decoy?" For whom? For what? Who among the principals involved were still in Bloomington on 6/29?

Gosh. If BPD has the time & resources for decoys, couldn't they spare a little on a landfill?

"Decoy?" For whom? For what? Who among the principals involved were still in Bloomington on 6/29?

Gosh. If BPD has the time & resources for decoys, couldn't they spare a little on a landfill?

I believe "decoy" meant an intent not to tip off the POI who LE believes is responsible (and the public) of that fact, if it is one.

I would think your son would be overly possessive if that is what he would do. IMHO of course.

I don't think so. But I guess it would depend upon how serious they were. My son lives with his gf now, so it is a different situation. And it would be different in a college relationship I suppose. But the reason I said that is because my son hates to dance and hates the club scene. Sometimes his gf goes out with her gf's to dance and party. She calls him from whatever breakfast place they go to right before she comes home. If she ever stopped answering her cell @ 3 am and never came home then I know he would be out looking for her. I do not see that as being 'possessive, I see it as being protective and concerned. In his eyes she would only do that if something was wrong.

I will explain. If BPD clearly has identified one of the two (JW or JW) as a clear suspect, but do not have enough evidence to make an arrest, they may not want to alert him to the fact that they have sufficiently narrowed the search. I think one scenario most of us will agree probably didnt occur is JR and JW were not working together. If one of them is guilty and feels pressure what is to keep him from leaving the country? I see this as the most logical scenario for why two people who have not once been linked to each other on that night would have their homes searched the same day. That, or BPD is trying to look busy.

Our LE would leave their patrol cars on the side of the highway empty.I asked one of them one day,Why is there empty patrol cars sitting on the side of the highway.He said they were decoys to slow down traffic (speeding)Well taxpayers must have complained because they stopped it.That is the only time I heard of them using the word decoy

I don't follow. What if she went to sleep? In fact, what I have read indicates that she had specifically been avoiding bars after her arrest, and that this was her first visit to Sports.

Again, how does he know she is out and/or drinking, let alone with CR and/or doing drugs?

IIRC, she told him she was going out. He said he was going to stay home and watch the game and she was going to come over afterwards.

If she just went to sleep he would expect she would have texted and told him so. Only because they had made previous plans. I am only going by my 23 yr old and 19 yr old kids. They are in CONSTANT touch by text with their close friends and bf and gf. So, imo, he would know where she was going and who she was with. It is a small town in some ways. Anyone of his friends could have texted to tell him she was drunk and stumbling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18