IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would put that a little differently.Every action LS committed since leaving Kilroys (leaving her shoes and phone at the bar,stumbling out of the elevator if you believe the source,walking down an alleyway over gravel and whatever else barefoot loosing her keys along the way) suggests someone that is pretty out of it.Yet every statement we get from these three guys makes her appear more sober.To me both of these can not be true and IMO actions do not lie people do.

Yes, but they could have been lying her sober for many reasons, though, such as they contributed to her intoxication either w/alcohol or drugs, and didn't want to get into trouble for that, or they felt guilty for allowing her to walk alone, so they made her seem more sober so it wouldn't sound like they were douchebags for letting her go alone. Or, they were intoxicated a tad themselves and to them she did seem fine. Or, like we all suspect, there's more to the story.

theres talk on the LS:CD facebook page that someone (in the group) made a visit to the townhouse in between CR and JR and said she saw lauren leave but said she didn't go the way JR said and she went toward the alley. take this for what it's worth, the girl also said she was in bed so it doesn't really make sense, just thought i would share.

Are you sure she wasn't talking about "RJ"? :floorlaugh:

(snipped)
Without those cameras, it would certainly have been far-fetched to speculate LS/CR would've left Kilroy's and made a very brief trip back to her complex but apparently saw no roommates or really anyone. We much more likely would've assumed they went straight from Kilroy's to CR's house which was described in MB's statement around 3AM. Since LS is missing and CR has no memory, the only folks who could've reported the Smallwood altercation would've been the antagonist group or bystanders (prob few to none at 2:45AM) who would certainly have had little to no incentive to bring that up and place themselves with the missing person when no one would've guessed otherwise.

Lastly we're again using cameras to corroborate MB's claim on the 3AM time, such that video places LS in the nearby alley at 2:51. We also have a similar reliance (in the negative) on cameras that fixate her disappearance at 4:30AM when depending on JR's reported statement via HT about rounding the corner at 4:15. However as has been stated multiple times, her existence can't be verified on camera after 2:51, so her disapperance could conceivably have been 60-90 minutes earlier than is commonly presumed.

I believe the 3AM time was reported once and with no explanation for how it was obtained? I really wish it was known. I think for precisely the reasoning you stated above, with Smallwood, where we never would have guessed that they stopped by there, can apply to 5 North now. I think most people here have a picture in their head of LS stopping by CR's upon exiting the alley and then continuing on to JR's. But I don't see why we are limited to that being the scenario. We know that she was at each of those places at some point between 2:51 and 4:15, but I think it should be open ended on where all she may have been between those points.

I do think when myself and perhaps others visualize these cameras/videos, we maybe optimistically believe they're viewing a wide angle tracking or following of LS & group for 45-60 seconds at a time such that the viewer could detect body language, facial expression, activities, good look at clothing, etc. and with audio. In fact depending on the complexity of the video system, her appearance in one or more of these video sightings may well be 1 second or less and may show only a portion of LS or just part of her companion - key evidence could be just off-camera, shielded by another person or object, or they moved through too quickly to discern much other than LS was still alive at that point. We don't know.

I can attest to seeing footage from the security cameras from Tenth and College (though admittedly this was a few years ago) and I can attest to the fact that while they were able to collectively cover a decent range, the individual camera footage was very narrow and quick if someone was walking through. I'd liken it to the footage viewable in a lot of gas stations where they have viewable screens of the front door and cashier area.

I think the concerns we all have that are mentioned above like the 'wording' of statements, lack of surveillance, and the second hand info from HT is what we all stuggle with. Very few facts. However, in the name of 'fresh ideas', (at least I don't recall it being discussed) is that the LE timeline provided on the first page of these posts that've we been mauling over since the beginning, lists the JR call and 'last saw' times of 4:15 and 4:30 respectively, just like they list the video surveillance 'proof' that she was in a certain location at a certain time. This tells me that LE, as we all know, has more info and in the case of the timeline, my opinoin would be that they have some 'other' info that corraborates the JR call and 'last saw' times or they wouldn't be listed on the 'official' timeline.

This idea/opinoin leads me away from the CR/MB/JR scenarios of an incident happening at 5 North, but more likely something happened on the way home, either in the gravel lot the others (i.e. ZO, AA, AB) or even she finally met up with a jealous/mad JW.

Just thinking out loud......

LE would leave all witness sightings, especially a last sighting, in the timeline until it was COMPLETELY ruled out. I believe they do this because if JR is telling the truth, someone might remember seeing something around 4:30am that will corroborate his story, and help them come closer to solving the case.

I can't find the post anymore, but I don't think she said she actually SAW LS leave, but that she THINKS LS went the other way.

I have a hard time with the FB LSCS women who are "interviewing" people. They're putting themselves at risk - and really not doing anything to move the case forward. MOO

Which is strange in itself since both the walk to the corner and the walk to the alley are the same way. Zero chance someone from inside a 5 North apartment would be able to discern between those 2 routes. Maybe she is just focusing on what she may have heard rumored later on though.

I guess there is no news on the landfill searches?

I can't find the post anymore, but I don't think she said she actually SAW LS leave, but that she THINKS LS went the other way.

,<snipped>

That's the way I read it. Her apartment is the one with the red heart LOVE foil wreath I photographed. I've seen her outside before. She does look like a sweet gal. I would stop to talk to her if I were on foot.

I don't see that the FB posters are hurting anything by talking to her. Sounds like she likes to talk anyway. Interesting that she also said JR was "really drunk" that night. < < hearsay, but not unbelievable.

I guess there is no news on the landfill searches?

None that I know of. WTHR had another report last night but it mostly rehashed the prior day's news. They did add this:

"Experts tell Eye Witness News only a handful of cases that involve searching landfills actually turn up evidence. The ones that do usually began with a solid lead."

That's the way I read it. Her apartment is the one with the red heart LOVE foil wreath I photographed. I've seen her outside before. She does look like a sweet gal. I would stop to talk to her if I were on foot.

I don't see that the FB posters are hurting anything by talking to her. Sounds like she likes to talk anyway. Interesting that she also said JR was "really drunk" that night. < < hearsay, but not unbelievable.

I was a little MORE concerned about her interaction with the construction guy... she's got balls, for sure!!

I take xanax everyday because I had an anxiety disorder... 0,25mg... I am Lauren's size. It's not that noticeable and I function very well. It just makes you less anxious.

I've never had it with alcohol though and after reading what I have here, I will NEVER mix xanax with alcohol.

It is not a very potent drug if taken on small doses and without alcohol.

I take xanax everyday because I had an anxiety disorder... 0,25mg... I am Lauren's size. It's not that noticeable and I function very well. It just makes you less anxious.

I've never had it with alcohol though and after reading what I have here, I will NEVER mix xanax with alcohol.

It is not a very potent drug if taken on small doses and without alcohol.

1 "bar" would be like 8 of those .25s.
I bring this up because tthe bars are popular and ive heard the rumors about them in this case-im not sayin thats what she took.

I'm not sure where I read this, but I thought an earlier post stated there was a security person at the construction site across from 5 North 24/7. If this is true, does anyone know if this person has been interviewed if they saw anyone walking on 11th towards college at 4:30am. Or even heard people talking at that time.

I was a little MORE concerned about her interaction with the construction guy... she's got balls, for sure!!

I don't understand why "the construction guy" does not want people taking pictures of the building that is under construction.

I don't understand why "the construction guy" does not want people taking pictures of the building that is under construction.

Trouble for them if things are caught on camera not up to building code.

from the chatter on the FB LSCS, there were some OSHA issues... (and perhaps some immigration issues?), hence not wanting photos.

According to the guy they talked to, yes, the BPD has interrogated the construction folks. You can go to that FB page and join - they accept everyone. It's a difficult mess to find little morsels of info

I'm not sure where I read this, but I thought an earlier post stated there was a security person at the construction site across from 5 North 24/7. If this is true, does anyone know if this person has been interviewed if they saw anyone walking on 11th towards college at 4:30am. Or even heard people talking at that time.
I have wondered not only about that but if it is possible workers were sleeping on the site.I hope the police interviewed more than just the watchman or the foreman who might not want to admit they allowed the practice.

It is like your ob/gyn who may not want you to video tape the birth of your chirld(ren). I'm glad I disregarded her suggestion and got our tape.

Oh. Well that just makes him and his construction co. seem even more shady and suspicious.

So, yeah, no way in hell my son is going to IU Bloomington...

And now back to the pertinent question of the day, WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO START SEARCHING THE LANDFILL?! AAAUUUGGGGHHHHHH! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay