IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think she was shoe-less when supposedly walking CR home and getting caught on camera around 3? Maybe he was carrying her at some point? Or, like people have said, maybe she borrowed shoes somewhere and the original missing persons report just didn't think that she may have done that.

One night back in my college party days I had a friend pick me up from my dorm and take me to a party. I left my purse/keys in the car knowing I wouldn't need it until that friend took me home later. Well, someone took that car to a bar later that night and I sobered up very quickly when I realized my keys and purse were gone and I wouldn't be able to get back into my dorm.

Things happen. One of my dorm mates misplaced her car one night. She kept getting rides from one bar to the next and ultimately went home without it. The next day was Parent's Weekend. Unfortunate, but at least she wasn't driving that night.

I still wonder if LS was planning on returning for her shoes/phone but then the altercation happened, which sent her in a different direction. The condition of the alley does concern me. It sounds really difficult to navigate, under any circumstance.

I still wonder if LS was planning on returning for her shoes/phone but then the altercation happened, which sent her in a different direction. The condition of the alley does concern me. It sounds really difficult to navigate, especially if she wasn't sober.

I have thought the same thing about her looking for shoes/phone. Kids these days can barely function w/o their phone. I think my nieces/nephews the same age would walk over sharp rocks and broken glass barefoot if it meant getting their phone back. I've often wondered if that's why she went back to JR's, since she was there before Kilroy's. Maybe she stopped on the way home to see if she had left her phone there, and, well, and.......???

Edit: Maybe LE knows that she was barefoot because she DID have cuts or abrasions on her feet that left evidence (blood?) They have withheld a lot. Just throwin' it out there. Again, NO way she made that walk without some kind of trama to the soles of her feet.

I don't think I have posted my Xanax "research" here have I? I asked my brother who I know always loved Xanax back in college what it felt like to take it. He explained how it felt, but also stressed that you feel no pain and you forget everything. His stories included waking up in a strange apartment he didn't recognize with no one home so he randomly had to walk around outside until he found a payphone. He didn't remember going there and still has no idea why he would have been there or with whom.
His second story (maybe more relevant) was him waking up with the bottom half of his bed covered in blood. He said he had to search his body to find the wound which was a very, very deep gash near his toe that basically left the toe hanging. They found a blood trail leading outside his apartment to the street at least. He has no recollection of how it happened or anything that happened that night. The last thing he remembered was having lunch the day before. My brother is 6'4 and 250 pounds so I can guarantee you no one was carrying him-he likely WALKED with that injury. None of his friends could tell him what happened either because they were all doing Xanax too.

So...knowing more about Xanax I guess it is possible if she did it she would or could walk on rough terrain and not feel the pain or stop even if her feet were bleeding or getting injured.
But, even if it is possible CR, MB, and JR at least saw her after she would have walked that alleyway. Would none of them look down and be like, Lauren, your feet!

Long post-sorry. Not sure if this is even relevant. I originally asked about the Xanax because of CR's amnesia and I am thinking if he did take Xanax it is very possible that he doesn't remember that night at all. If taking the drug made my brother forget an entire day and he doesn't have any reason to lie...

It's my understanding that ALL of the trash from Bloomington goes to the transfer station here in Bloomington and then to the landfill

College kids must be taking a very strong version of Xanax, imo. I have taken it on and off at certain times and never got "wasted" or lost time, or passed out...JMO

(Not saying she took it, just replying to post a few posts up...)

But, even if it is possible CR, MB, and JR at least saw her after she would have walked that alleyway. Would none of them look down and be like, Lauren, your feet!

Not if they were all doing it... the only one who claims to be sober was MB, I believe...

They have not released any of the alley footage is that correct?

I think most people who take Xanax for recreational reasons probably do way over what they are supposed to and combine it with alcohol. That is another thing my brother stressed-you HAVE to drink with it or the effect isn't as amazing.

I would love to hear whether MB said she had shoes or not on and, if not, what her feet looked like. I am assuming if someone had bloody shoe-less feet a sober person would notice?

Darcyline - your brother's story is similar to what I've heard from others. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she didn't feel anything if she had taken that. I also think that if she was messed up and she was with someone equally messed up and they were stumbling around it's not surprising if they were not talking about shoes. This thought is based on a supposition that they were just partying and nothing nefarious was taking place.

I would love to hear whether MB said she had shoes or not on and, if not, what her feet looked like. I am assuming if someone had bloody shoe-less feet a sober person would notice?

Me too, Darcyline. I wouldn't be surprised if she was pain-free during a shoeless walk through that jagged mess in her state (not judging, I've had my moments,) but I am certain that no one could walk that route barefooted w/o injury.

Did that leave evidence? It hadn't rained, so that evidence would have remained. Did that leave trace evidence in either apt? Did that leave trace evidence up to a certain point in the "path," and then it stopped? That wouldn't prove anything, but could leave questions in LE's minds. Maybe nothing, IDK.

They have not released any of the alley footage is that correct?

From my understanding, Rallihanna, they have not released any of the surveillance video, other than a still-shot of LS in the hallway of SW heading out for the evening, and the still-shots of the white truck, which have been ruled out with no further info.

There is a report from an anonymous person who claims to have seen some of the alley footage, but it is unsubstantiated at this point. The Spierers have denied watching this video, from what I understand.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, or add if you'd like.

I have thought the same thing about her looking for shoes/phone. Kids these days can barely function w/o their phone. I think my nieces/nephews the same age would walk over sharp rocks and broken glass barefoot if it meant getting their phone back. I've often wondered if that's why she went back to JR's, since she was there before Kilroy's. Maybe she stopped on the way home to see if she had left her phone there, and, well, and.......???

Edit: Maybe LE knows that she was barefoot because she DID have cuts or abrasions on her feet that left evidence (blood?) They have withheld a lot. Just throwin' it out there. Again, NO way she made that walk without some kind of trama to the soles of her feet.

I definitely agree about kids and their phones. In terms of why she left it ... perhaps she placed it inside a shoe, and thought she could go to SW for something and get back to Kilroy's before it closed. And then the assault happened. Or perhaps she really wasn't thinking straight enough to remember her shoes/phone. The above discussion about Xanax does make me wonder. I've always thought CR's amnesia was most likely due to drugs and alcohol vs. the assault, so if they were doing the same basic combo, they'd have the same basic reactions.

Your point about her feet is a good one. Remember how LE said that LS and CR "made their way" or something? I could see him trying to give her a ride on his back, perhaps stumbling, and her dropping her keys/purse. How long is the gravel alley, might I ask? That wouldn't be her helping him home, but if he truly doesn't remember, maybe he's going with the story he was given. IDK.

I think most people who take Xanax for recreational reasons probably do way over what they are supposed to and combine it with alcohol. That is another thing my brother stressed-you HAVE to drink with it or the effect isn't as amazing.

What about JR.He is going to watch her walk out of his apartment and down the block to make sure she does not stumble.But not notice she has no shoes on.

JR is a question mark for me. I am assuming he was wasted and partying that night, but his statement seems to make himself seem pretty sober. So, is his statement/lawyer cleaning up the partying he was doing or was he in his right mind? Pretty much every statement we have portrays Lauren as more sober than we (as in most people who discuss the case) seem to think she was. Like, MB doesn't have her half unconscious and unable to walk or talk. So...I don't know where to go with that.

College kids must be taking a very strong version of Xanax, imo. I have taken it on and off at certain times and never got "wasted" or lost time, or passed out...JMO

Then ur not taking enough-i know it certainly can have u very wasted, passed out or have lost time-for sure.

Taking a small dose of Xanax with 1 or 2 drinks can put someone (especially of her size) on the level of 10 drinks.

If I take a low dosage (.25mg) of Xanax it can take the edge off just a bit, sometimes barely noticeable. If I take that same dosage and have 2 drinks ... it's tomorrow.

I've never been able to get past her losing shoes, key, phone and purse, literally everything she went out with, and yet continue on for the evening as if nothing was amiss...

But her condition was indeed amiss given the witness description of her exiting the elevator and slamming into the wall. We don't even know that she truly made it to 5 North after the 2:51 video. Then there is the manager's sighting of a person who is probably her at 3:38.

<snipped>
I still wonder if LS was planning on returning for her shoes/phone but then the altercation happened, which sent her in a different direction. The condition of the alley does concern me. It sounds really difficult to navigate, under any circumstance.

Good thought. I've been wondering if she left the phone on purpose as an explanation to JW as to why she didn't hook up with him. But it sounds as though she was not in shape to be making rational, intentional decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo