IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

No, Shaun Coen broke the story on the elevator video. As soon as his name was mentioned, I thought it was familiar. I've always wondered who his "source" was.

Check out the links sv614 provides above.

p.s. I'm not usually a fan of FoxNews either, but that was a great find! Thanks for posting it.

Thank you! Finally someone appreciates that I caught this! :)

Honestly I am not sure exactly what the significance is, but it is significant.

I like her. :clap: I've not seen her before. Is she local? The remainder of her summation:

"...But with a wink and a nod these parents support a conspiracy of silence. I think they should put themselves in the shoes of Lauren's mother and father."

Message to any parents of POI out there in lurkdom land: LISTEN UP!

I personally think that is not very fair. There is a bunch of POIs and unless there is a giant conspiracy (which I don't believe) most of these POIs don't know anything of what had happened to her.

Was there ever an "official" announcement stating that the truck wasn't involved?

Yes. It was very clearly stated by LE the truck was ruled out. The person who drove the truck was picking someone up to take to work.

I personally think that is not very fair. There is a bunch of POIs and unless there is a giant conspiracy (which I don't believe) most of these POIs don't know anything of what had happened to her.

So who do you think DOES know something of what happened to her?

Ok but everything that was reported about this was reported by him, so he would be the closest source to the "anonymous" source anyway. (See my point #3 below!)

In other words, the guy in the Fox News video IS the reporter who is claiming to have spoken to the witness! And when asked about the witness, he says it's a witness he trusts and has dealt with before!

So ... let's recap:

1. A The Journal News (LoHud.com) reporter has been writing about the LS story since pretty much the very beginning:

http://www.ongo.com/v/1121154/-1/34...ers-companion-beaten-before-her-disappearance

2. 5-6 weeks later - with much reporting in between - said reporter claims a source gave him an account of the video of LS stumbling out of an elevator

http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ce-says?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

3. The reporter's story raises eyebrows into who this witness may be, but the reporter won't budge on his source only to say that he has dealt with him before, finds him extremely trustworthy, and that he went over the story several times with the source to make sure it was a 100% accurate reflection. The reporter insists that the source understands the importance of what he was saying.

http://www.jconline.com/article/201...ce-says?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

By the way - there are 2 possible ways to look at this. Either the leak was from LE or from someone on the inside at Smallwood. So is he implying LE leaked to him, or that he regularly deals with someone on the inside of Smallwood?

4. There are NO other reported leaks.

5. The reporter goes on Fox News to talk about this, and yet declines to disclose (at least in the clip) that he is the Senior Reporter on this story! His nonchalance and perceived distance from this story even has you guys fooled that he is just a "TV head" and is here to discuss it as a general expert.

Fox News Video

6. In the video he slips and says "I saw" when referring to the video, paused and then corrects himself.

So I'm thinking this reporter got to someone and saw the video himself.

I'm not sure what all of this means exactly, but someone - likely LE but perhaps a "rogue" (ie without official permission) - wanted this angle of the story to be known. They want that narrative of stumbling, disorientation, inebriation and lack of control out there.

I think the significance of this would be that CR and his attorney probably know a bit more to this, but want to keep the narrative of LS's extreme intoxication as quiet as possible.

Why? Because that fuels the narrative of "she OD'd and someone hid her body." From what I have read on this forum, Indiana laws are not forgiving of those who give drugs to/do drugs with someone who eventually dies from use. A former DA would know that.

For the record, I don't think CR contributed to her disappearance. But I think he has a pretty good idea of who did (my money is on JR), and feels guilty by association to the night's events.

JUST MY OPINION

LoHud reporting frequently expresses a (barely) hidden agenda, which angers a lot of its readers. In this case, considering that LS and her family are from Westchester County NY, they may have wanted to apply pressure on CR and his legal team by making it sound as though LS was quite obviously on death's door, and that CR was already culpable of "indifference" at least. However, while the stumble could indicate intoxication, other causes may have been panic at seeing the Smallwood altercation, and consumption of normal alcoholic beverages.

While LoHud's heart might be in the right place in so far as finding LS, we need to be fair to the other persons involved in the events of that night. If LS was barely capable of standing up, why didn't any other students at Smallwood notice that fact and call 911? Where were the other girls? She could have passed out in that alley, and injured herself severely. If CR is to blame for not taking care of LS properly in her supposed condition, then several other people are similarly culpable.

Thank you! Finally someone appreciates that I caught this! :)

Honestly I am not sure exactly what the significance is, but it is significant.

If it's true he saw the video, it is very significant. The average Joe or Jane doesn't realize how news is shaped by journalists and the power and influence they can have. When journalists have direct access to evidence, wow. That said, if he is the source, it would be lacking in journalistic integrity IMO to not say so. I would welcome a professional journalist's opinion on that.

You might want to forward your opinion to the judge and to Lauren's parents then.

If it's true he saw the video, it is very significant. The average Joe or Jane doesn't realize how news is shaped by journalists and the power and influence they can have. When journalists have direct access to evidence, wow. That said, if he is the source, it would be lacking in journalistic integrity IMO to not say so. I would welcome a professional journalist's opinion on that.

Oh FOR SURE! The fact that he saw it in and of itself is very significant!

And by the way, I am convinced that he did.

ZO/AB other roommate BB drives that exact same truck. He is also in the construction business.

The pictures on Gatto's website do not show the same exact truck, but has there been a newer link that does?

TIME OUT

Did this guy just imply or accidentally reveal that he saw that video of LS stumbling out of the elevator at Smallwood and falling to her knees? [0:52]

great catch, although after watching a few times, I honestly can't make out what he said due to his speech impediment!

great catch, although after watching a few times, I honestly can't make out what he said due to his speech impediment!

Also the host states, "in my opinion" and continues to address the situation. Coming from someone with a degree in communications and actually employed in the industry, one does not provide their own opinion while clearly reading from a telepromter. Opinions are always ad-libbed. Poor journalism at it's finest.

The pictures on Gatto's website do not show the same exact truck, but has there been a newer link that does?

Saw the pics on ZO's facebook page before he made it private but you can get to it another way. I will to check to see if it is still there.

I think there's truth in both stories of why ZO punched CR.

It may have been coincidental that ZO and company were on the 5th floor when CR and LS got off the elevator. The punch could have been a knee-jerk reaction to CR being with another guys girl. Though I'm thinking the rumor of LS's loose talk at the bar is what fueled ZO's temper in the first place.

I'm curious to know why ZO was on the 5th floor to begin with. I'm hesitant to believe they were lying in wait.

Does any know what floor DR lived on? It has been implied that he's a supplier as well - thus the reason he and LS went to JR's after the game.

Sorry, I put DB when I meant DR. My understanding is that DR lived on the fifth floor of SW.

The reporter does not want to reveal his source, i.e., the person(s) who provided the video. Part of protecting that source would be to describe what the video showed without saying that he, the reporter, viewed it himself. To say he viewed it himself might be too much of a giveaway as to who the source is. JMHO

The reporter does not want to reveal his source, i.e., the person(s) who provided the video. Part of protecting that source would be to describe what the video showed without saying that he, the reporter, viewed it himself. To say he viewed it himself might be too much of a giveaway as to who the source is. JMHO

But he DID say it. Maybe it was mistake and a slip, but he did say it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator