IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think the weakest link would be? I'm really interested in hearing some thoughts on this.

JW, hands down. Oh, and with a little soft interrogation tactics on HT. Maybe not so soft. She knows the answer. Bang on her door.

Awhile back, I posted about my experience with a polygraph about 10 years ago... I was innocent (as opposed to "not guilty" LOL)... but was uncomfortable with many of the questions that were asked NOT related to the case at hand. That made my results "inconclusive." After that experience, I knew that I would never agree to another poly...

Not sure that the memory loss would make much difference... and I really don't know how false memories play into it.

Thank you, bloom! I remember that post now. I'm not sure what to think about polygraphs. With the other case I follow, the "new" suspect had once taken a polygraph that LE "cleared," and an alleged associate held his breath to throw a recent one. I don't get that ...

I could not agree more. Whoever is responsible for LS's disappearance is undoubtedly a criminal and does not deserve any sympathy. We have no idea who that is, but we know one thing for sure. Only a terrible criminal (s) would make a girl in her 20s disappear like that. Hopefully, whoever is responsible for that will be arrested soon and thrown to jail where they belong.

Criminal is an awful nice word to use. I can think of others but I'd be banned and I like it here.

Thank you, bloom! I remember that post now. I'm not sure what to think about polygraphs. With the other case I follow, the "new" suspect had once taken a polygraph that LE "cleared," and an alleged associate held his breath to throw a recent one. I don't get that ...

Pop a few Xanax and Ted Bundy would have passed a poly. There seemed to have been plenty to go around.

I think that when I posted about false memories, I was thinking about how, even if it's 100% non intentional, questioning someone with no memory of an event or situation can induce the person's brain to create false memories. The false memories can be very persistent, but they don't really help the investigation. In fact, they could lead to a lot of wasted time and resources.

Yes, that was it! I just found the topic so interesting. Yes, I can see how that wouldn't help an investigation. I was wondering if CR would be at risk by taking a polygraph is he does in fact have some amnesia, given all the press this case has had. I'm sure his attorney has to consider that, even if the amnesia isn't long-term, though I suspect he remembers something (or more than something). Thanks again!!

I know that many people classify a "man" by a right of passage which comes with age. IMO there is "legal adulthood" at age 18, but in no way in my mind does that mean that once he turns 18, every "boy" becomes a "man". Just food for thought...

I agree with you completely that Jewish traditions likely didn't have anything to do with how they may have hidden a body. IF these boys really respected their Jewish faith, they would not have hidden a body (if that is indeed what happened).

Pertaining to the Jewish belief, I believe "Right of Passage" is at age 13 for boys. RITES OF PASSAGE – BAT MITZVAH

http://www.ijs.org.au/Rites-of-Passage/default.aspx

Pertaining to the Jewish belief, I believe "Right of Passage" is at age 13 for boys. RITES OF PASSAGE – BAT MITZVAH

http://www.ijs.org.au/Rites-of-Passage/default.aspx
I'm not Jewish so I truly don't know, but isn't BAT MITZVAH similar to Catholic Confirmation? I thought this was like a "Right of passage" into the church, rather than adulthood. Nonetheless, I don't think it matters. I guess I wouldn't deem anyone overly religious if he/she is out hiding bodies....

JW, hands down. Oh, and with a little soft interrogation tactics on HT. Maybe not so soft. She knows the answer. Bang on her door.

Problem is that I'm not convinced that JW knows ANYTHING... HT may have info, but it would likely be hearsay.... but it would be a place to start!

I'm not Jewish so I truly don't know, but isn't BAT MITZVAH similar to Catholic Confirmation? I thought this was like a "Right of passage" into the church, rather than adulthood. Nonetheless, I don't think it matters. I guess I wouldn't deem anyone overly religious if he/she is out hiding bodies....

ok just to be clear, a bat mitzvah is for a girl a bar mitzvah is a boy. (i just so happened to quote your post, i don't believe you said it first) however, it is a right of passage into adulthood.

Yes, it is similar. It is a time when the person accepts responsibilty for their own faith and their own actions according to their faith.

Although still a child in the eyes of society until age 18 in most states.

ok just to be clear, a bat mitzvah is for a girl a bar mitzvah is a boy. (i just so happened to quote your post, i don't believe you said it first) however, it is a right of passage into adulthood.

You are correct and I mistyped that leaving Bar mitzvah out. I apologize. For a girl it is age 12.

I think it's important to remember that these are ancient rituals/traditions (both bat/bar mitzvah and confirmation). When they first came into being, 13 was adulthood! Girls and boys married and had children... and joined the adult community. Of course, they only lived into their early 30's usually...

Hearsay or not, if its a means to solving this case, get her talking.

Edit - sorry meant to quote Bloom. Referring to HT. My bad.

Someone said they thought CR could be charged with providing alcohol to a minor. I believe he was 20 at the time of LS' disappearance. He must have had a birthday this summer.
BTW, he is due to appear in court on Sept. 27, to resolve a misdemeanor-- illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage in January, 2011.

Someone mentioned that the DEA raided ZO's apt. The inference was that he might have become an informant to avoid arrest. IF he kept his venture going, I can see why he would have been upset by LS talking loudly at Kilroy's Sports about what she had taken, especially if she said who supplied it. So, perhaps ZO's appearance on the 5th floor of SW was not a coincidence. So, who became his salesman? DR? HT? AB?

Problem is that I'm not convinced that JW knows ANYTHING... HT may have info, but it would likely be hearsay.... but it would be a place to start!

I think HT and JW are close. I believe she was giving him a play by play that entire night. LE knows that. If his phone is clear, his alibi is tight, why is he a POI? They can rule the BF out fairly quick but they aren't quick to dump him. I believe there was chatter and texting between the two that probably went into the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps the two people closest to Lauren, her roommate and boyfriend are the "friends' that the parents are appealing to. I never doubted for a second that she knows more than prob most of the POIs. She's a grandstander. She grandstanded at the beginning of this investigation and then drank a tall glass of shut the he** up. I think cops pulled her phone records and who knows... who are the 10 POIs?
I couldn't come up with 10.

Someone mentioned that the DEA raided ZO's apt. The inference was that he might have become an informant to avoid arrest. IF he kept his venture going, I can see why he would have been upset by LS talking loudly at Kilroy's Sports about what she had taken, especially if she said who supplied it. So, perhaps ZO's appearance on the 5th floor of SW was not a coincidence. So, who became his salesman? DR? HT? AB?

I'll take a guess and say DB. JR protects DB. CR & MB protect JR. ZO is a low man and that's why DEA targeted him first. Same with AB. This triangle is much larger. Thank you DEA. It's about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody