IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted 1 hour ago:

"War of Words between Lauren Spierer's mom and a person of interest. Was [JR] lying on camera? A Fox 59 exclusive tonight at 4 & 5"

Via: http://twitter.com/#!/AnneFOX59

I'll have to tune in here to get the scoop since I'll miss the 5. I don't even know what channel FOX is on. I wonder if it will present any new info or just rehash and dramatize yesterday's.

CR being on the video has always made sense to me, but if it isn't him the entire story is blown to bits and probably at least 3 people have to be involved. CR and LS were seen leaving Smallwood together and then MB confirms them reaching CR/MB's apartment together not long after. For someone else to be on the camera and not CR someone must have accosted them in the parking lot or soon after leaving and then MB must be lying for some reason-to protect mystery person?
That would mean that, most likely, CR, MB, and the mystery person are involved either actively or at least in the cover up and if that mystery person isn't JR then possibly four people.
Not impossible by any means, but does get complicated!

I do think that CR and LS are most likely on video together, but what I would really like to know is if someone else was as well OR if someone else passed by soon after they did.

Today's update is out. Not updated with video yet though.

*opinion rant* something really is not sitting right with me with this "interview". Maybe it's that the author can't even quote JR correctly, maybe it's that today she is insinuating that JR provided the quote after he was asked if he had a message for LS's family. I feel like we are only getting a side of the story that the news wants us to get. It is good to get a confirmation from the family that there has been no contact at all with JR, but if there is any attempted manipulation of the Spierer family going on that is pure slime.

Today's update is out. Not updated with video yet though.

*opinion rant* something really is not sitting right with me with this "interview". Maybe it's that the author can't even quote JR correctly, maybe it's that today she is insinuating that JR provided the quote after he was asked if he had a message for LS's family. I feel like we are only getting a side of the story that the news wants us to get. It is good to get a confirmation from the family that there has been no contact at all with JR, but if there is any attempted manipulation of the Spierer family going on that is pure slime.

Thanks for this. There is certainly something fishy about these reports IMO. I am NOT defending JR b/c he's been under my radar, along with a couple of others. However, first of all, they don't even have the quote right in this article. They wrote: "We talk privately, we talk privately," said Rosenbaum. That's clearly NOT what he said. He didn't say the exact same thing twice. At least listen to the interview for God's sake. Second of all, we didn't get to hear the question posed to him before he said this. They could have asked about someone else and taken him out of context. It could be purely sensational journalism. I struggle to think that he'd be stupid enough to outright lie about something as blatant as this, if he has never really spoken with them. It's the news. It would be seen by his attorney, who'd surely have a hard time believing him after that, if it weren't true. I'm therefore quite suspicious that his comment was taken out of context.

Another thought I've had is that perhaps JR's attorney has spoken with someone or in some way, JR has relayed messages to the Spierers. This could be what he meant about "private". Who knows? I just think that especially if he is the perp, he wouldn't lie about something so obviously untrue. This of course would bring more suspicious which he certainly doesn't want/need.

Did DR go to JR's house earlier in the evening before going home? If so, wouldn't it possible that LS asked him to hold her phone in his pocket (it appears she would have had to hand carry it since she had no pant pockets or large enough purse.) Maybe she gave it to him for safekeeping? So, maybe she did have it together enough to call at 4:15 to ask him if he still had her phone? It seems like I recall reading JR said LS called DR at 4:15 to see where her phone was.....sorry, I'm behind on the reading here. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

Did DR go to JR's house earlier in the evening before going home? If so, wouldn't it possible that LS asked him to hold her phone in his pocket (it appears she would have had to hand carry it since she had no pant pockets or large enough purse.) Maybe she gave it to him for safekeeping? So, maybe she did have it together enough to call at 4:15 to ask him if he still had her phone? It seems like I recall reading JR said LS called DR at 4:15 to see where her phone was.....sorry, I'm behind on the reading here. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

The problem with this is that I don't believe DR went to Kilroy's. Therefore, this wouldn't explain how her phone ended up there. If he did however, then yes, this would be a possible scenario.

WTHR has an exclusive with Lauren's parents tonight at 11. This will be straight up story not like Faux News. They'll talk about the evening they went downtown at 3 a.m.

All along I have felt that JR and DB were the prime POI's. I am beginning to change my mind. What if JR is right in that LS was capable of walking on her own, made the phone call and he saw her round the corner at College and 11th. If you look at the map at the beginning of this thread you see there is an alley that goes by the doctor's office and to the gravel area. I don't think the camera at College Apts would reach to that alleyway. I also don't think the camera from the last video she was seen in would reach the gravel ares. Suppose someone she knew was in the gravel area when she reached the alley, called for her, and she went to them. Wasn't it about this time the homeless person on the tracks heard a scream? I assume JR would have gone back into his appt. He would not have heard the scream. Maybe the third person that was seen in the last video hung around until LS left JR's. Let me know if I am wrong on the timeline or if I am missing anything.

The problem with this is that I don't believe DR went to Kilroy's. Therefore, this wouldn't explain how her phone ended up there. If he did however, then yes, this would be a possible scenario.

That's very true, of course. But, since it's pure speculation here, let's speculate that at 4:15, LS was with it enough and did call DR to try to find out where her phone was. That would indicate that at some point she did feel like he would know where it was. So, maybe she gave it to him at some point, and maybe since he decided not to go to Kilroy's, he passed it on to someone else (including her), but she either didn't remember that part of the evening or was not aware of it when she made the supposed call at 4:15 trying to find it. A person can be in one state of mind at 12:16, another at 2:57 and quite another at 4:15 if alchohol and other mind altering drugs are consumed (if that even occured.) BTW, I'm not at all trying to implicate any person or defend any person who may have been with her that evening....

In our area (near another Big 10 university), "hooking up" doesn't have anything to do with prostitutes, but it does have to do with sex. When kids say that so-and-so "hooked up" that means they had sex. Often this is more likely referred to a one night stand, with someone they may or may not know, but not always.

Interesting - when I was in college, when someone said they had "hooked up" with someone else, it could mean something as simple as a make-out session.

Interesting - when I was in college, when someone said they had "hooked up" with someone else, it could mean something as simple as a make-out session.

Same here (graduated in 2005).

Thanks for this. There is certainly something fishy about these reports IMO. I am NOT defending JR b/c he's been under my radar, along with a couple of others. However, first of all, they don't even have the quote right in this article. They wrote: "We talk privately, we talk privately," said Rosenbaum. That's clearly NOT what he said. He didn't say the exact same thing twice. At least listen to the interview for God's sake. Second of all, we didn't get to hear the question posed to him before he said this. They could have asked about someone else and taken him out of context. It could be purely sensational journalism. I struggle to think that he'd be stupid enough to outright lie about something as blatant as this, if he has never really spoken with them. It's the news. It would be seen by his attorney, who'd surely have a hard time believing him after that, if it weren't true. I'm therefore quite suspicious that his comment was taken out of context.

Another thought I've had is that perhaps JR's attorney has spoken with someone or in some way, JR has relayed messages to the Spierers. This could be what he meant about "private". Who knows? I just think that especially if he is the perp, he wouldn't lie about something so obviously untrue. This of course would bring more suspicious which he certainly doesn't want/need.

I agree with you, and like you I'm not "in JR's corner" - actually I honestly don't have a firm opinion about him. I kind of rolled my eyes at the statememt that JR's lawyer didn't honor their request for a comment.

WTHR has an exclusive with Lauren's parents tonight at 11. This will be straight up story not like Faux News. They'll talk about the evening they went downtown at 3 a.m.

Thank you, I can't take anything from any Fox affialiate as true or useful.

If JR really hasn't been in touch "privately" with LS' parents, I can only imagine how furious it made them to hear him say that. I think of how Desiree Young would be, if Terri Horman were to say, for example, that she has been working with DY all along to solve Kyron's disappearance...JMO

Part of me wants to judge JR hard, but I do think some sensationalist journalism may be going on so I am holding off on my pitchfork and fire. For now. I look forward to the exclusive at 11.

If JR really hasn't been in touch "privately" with LS' parents, I can only imagine how furious it made them to hear him say that.

I don't doubt CS at all that they haven't been in touch. The problem I'm having with the interview, is did JR answer he has been in touch with the parents or was he responding to a question like: Have you been in touch with the police?

This is a big if, but it is the power of an editor to voice over any question they want and match his answer up with it. Now they control the narrative and can get CS to respond to something that may or may not have happened (and yet another story with today's war of words headline).

Ahhh, but the first story they ran did.

My guess is that CS really was surprised, but had to "clear" her response with LE and/or her attorney before speaking publicly.

I had that very same "aha" moment tonight on the way home from work. CS' first response was silence. And then after clearing her public response with her attorney, she spoke with the reporter again. Hence the delay...

Perhaps BW is the one friend who is coming forward. I know it's not the Spierers themselves tweeting or anyone "official" but I have seen that person Tweet that they were meeting with the Spierers in the past, etc.

BW wasn't in town (I don't think) when LS disappeared, so I assumed that there was another friend who had also come forward... maybe not.

I wonder if BW and HT are still living together...

I've been meaning to ask this for about a week: Who do you think is the "acquaintance" on video with Lauren in the alley? And, if you think it's CR who would be your next guess? I'm not at all convinced it's CR.

Another comment/question: I'm wondering if there is a different or an additional reason Lauren stumbled out of the elevator, besides being intoxicated. My thought is CR went off on her, maybe shoved her or something like that. Thoughts?

I'm not convinced that it's CR either... but I don't think it's JW which seems to be another popular option. (I truly believe that JW is out of this picture)
DR perhaps?

Your idea about LS being shoved is an interesting one... hadn't thought about that scenario... perhaps CR was pissed at her for whatever the altercation was about...

The only person who attempted to clarify CR/LS in the alley is his attorney, Salzmann, who I don't trust. Has he even seen the video? Who knows. No one, not even LE--that I am aware of--has identified the "acquaintance" in the alley video with her.

I've been thinking it could be any of the bystanders to the fight Floor 5 or anyone who might have been waiting outside. If it was CR, I wonder why LE did not use his name during the PCs because they had already placed her with CR as walking into SW together.

That's been my impression all along... if the only people in the alley were CR and LS then LE would have acknowledged that...

That's been my impression all along... if the only people in the alley were CR and LS then LE would have acknowledged that...

I don't think so. LE hasn't acknowledged much publicly, and rarely named any names at all. I think it's rather obvious LS and CR are the two people in the alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson