IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a big assumption. I don't necessarily agree. She could have been informing someone of her change in plans from the original plan to stay in for the evening. Just another possibility.
Or arranging for party supplies. Another possibility.

That's why I put the question mark. I assume but I question.

You know...... that was my first response, but then I went back and watched it again, and honestly, I can't say.

But the fact is she claimed she told Lauren's Mom that JR said he spoke to her and her husband privately, you wouldn't think she would say that to them if it wasn't true... but then again, it is Fox, so who knows.

Now, I'm confused. There is no question at all that you can't hear the question.

You hear the voice over say, "the IU senior didn't want to answer any questions but did indicate he has a relationship with Lauren's parents" and then the video of JR saying "I deal with them privately, I talk to them privately".

Now, I'm confused. There is no question at all that you can't hear the question.

You hear the voice over say, "the IU senior didn't want to answer any questions but did indicate he has a relationship with Lauren's parents" and then the video of JR saying "I deal with them privately, I talk to them privately".

That is a voiceover narration added later though-NOT necessarily what Jay was hearing when he answered the question. In a perfect world I would love for news places to be really careful about that stuff, but sometimes sloppy journalism or sensationalism takes over.

That is a voiceover narration added later though-NOT necessarily what Jay was hearing when he answered the question. In a perfect world I would love for news places to be really careful about that stuff, but sometimes sloppy journalism or sensationalism takes over.

Right, I'm agreeing that you don't hear the question.

An interesting tidbit that I don't remember hearing before, from today's IDS insert written by the Spierers:

According to the timeline, Lauren left Smallwood with DR and headed over to JR's apt around this same time. I think what her mother means is that 12:16am was the last time Lauren used her phone and after she left Smallwood she was among the chaos/drinking/drug use of these guys. Perhaps her mom thinks they got her trashed on purpose? Roofie? Wouldn't let her use her phone? Left the phone at the bar on purpose? Maybe she is trying to debunk the "Lauren called DS from JR's phone at 4:15am" theory, emphasizing the last time she is 100% KNOWN to have used a phone was 12:16am? Too many assumptions can be made from her comment.

I still think the likely scenario is that something happened while she was in the care of these guys (JR) and they/he disposed of the body. The how and the where I can't figure out. In this newest video he has a silver Range Rover...I would love to know if this is the same car he had last year?! I have to say, I'm a bit surprised he returned this fall, but IMO it wouldn't look too good in terms of his guilt if he didn't. Should be interesting.

Mrsu, I think you captured her intent well in your first point. I do question however if the audience will get it. It may be too oblique. Your second point I thought this immediately when I read her statement.

Yet, what are we to make of her not wanting this to add to speculation?

The phone comment - Lauren last used it at 12:16. She headed to JRs for the first time at 12:30. She didn't leave her phone at Kilroy's until a couple of hours later. Yet JW says he couldn't reach her by phone then eventually went to bed (I think he said 2:30 but I'm going by memory there).

Previously I think I said perhaps someone "lost" her phone for her, at Kilroy's, either to make her more vulnerable or to get between her and JW. But what if someone snuck it away from her earlier, then took the opportunity to hide it and the shoes at Kilroy's. There's only one other person we know was at JRs and at Kilroy's.

Or was she deliberately avoiding JW calling her. Or was he not calling?

Right, I'm agreeing that you don't hear the question.

What the point Bloom made and I somewhat agreed to is that the first time I viewed the video, I think the voice over was not there and you DID hear the question. When I went back to view it, the voice over was definitely there, but I honestly can't say for certain that my recall of the first viewing is good enough to swear that the video was changed.
So I agree - in the video on the link, you cannot hear the actual question by the reporter. The only uncertainty is that there may have been an earlier version where you COULD.

sorry for the confusion :crazy:

I wonder if the phone comment does have something to do with them assuming pre-meditation simply because I remember hearing comments about how she was ALWAYS on her phone. Which is pretty common these days.

Maybe the phone shows proof that JW did know about the fight and Lauren being with CR?

Well...using deductive reasoning, we can assume the phone was on since we know JW was texting/calling in the morning and Kilroy's answered/called him back?

OR...possibly someone turned her phone off while she was with the boys, but it was turned back on before it was left at the bar?

Interesting though that the supposed call to DR from LS at 4:15 was looking for her phone??? Maybe DR had her phone while at JR's and he gave it to CR before they left for Kilroy's without Lauren knowing?

Thank you elmomom-I really wish we could know for sure if there was an original video that didn't have voiceover!

My thoughts:
*She wants us to know that lauren made a call/text. I assume it was to DR. ?

*She may be thinking that laurens disappearance was in the works starting at this time or that her cell phone disappearance was intentional and put the crime into play. This crime could have included a roofie, etc. in her drink.

* For sure she knows something about the call and (if it was a text hopefully they got it early enough). She may have been directing this comment to this person.

My best guess is that the 12:16 call was a text to JW from LS regarding her plans. In essence, if true, in releasing it, it says to JW; we know you were aware of her plans.

It does sound like a clue but I can't figure out what it's about. We know she lost her cell phone in the bar so its' not surprising she made her last phone call before she went to the bar. But there is also a claim that she made a phone call at 4:15 am-could the clue be about that?

If this is a "clue", here is me trying to decode it:

You should always have YOUR cell phone with you. Lauren last used HER [as in, possessive - Lauren last used the cell phone that belonged to her] at 12:16am.

If she last used her cell phone at 12:16am, then 12:16am is the last worthy evidence of Lauren using a cell phone at all.

In a way, it subtly tries to discredit the 4:15am phone call? Just by bringing attention the the fact that it is unverified to the person who reads it. Someone reading that poster thinks "wait, I thought she made a phone call at 4:15am? Why doesn't the poster mention that?" and then thinks to dig deeper, ask more question, start dialogue.

My best guess is that the 12:16 call was a text to JW from LS regarding her plans. In essence, if true, in releasing it, it says to JW; we know you were aware of her plans.

Really, really like that analysis. Or ANY analysis that points to "this clue is a message to SOMEONE assering him/her that the 12:16am text is significant."

This may also be a stretch but ... what if there is evidence/proof/witness testimony of someone else using her phone AFTER 12:16am? Like a friend who received a 12:30am phone call from Lauren's phone may have said "oh yeah, but that wasn't Lauren, that was Person X [CR?]."

Personally I think the most likely is they want to discredit that she made a phone call at 4:15am from someone else's phone, or at least take that out of the mainstream narrative.

I cannot begin to believe that JRs attorney would allow him to speak privately with LS parents. At any time.

Amen, Bloom. So, does this response by JR indicate how easily a lie can roll off his tongue?

Interesting, if it is correctly quoted, that JR says "I talk with them privately." Makes it sound like it occurs on an ongoing basis. And privately means without LE or Voyles does it not? He did say a lot with those few words. He gives the impression that he is willing. But all is contrary to CS. It was less than two weeks ago that she and RS stood at 11th and college and she pretty much called out JR. Apparently he's talked and she does not believe him.

IMO "privately" just means "not publicly" and "in my own way, however I define it".

So he speaks to them not through the mass media, and by speaks he means he has submitted a prepared statement and a [prepared] polygraph.

Just what I take from that.

Did anyone see the NewsOnLaurenS Twitter feed today?

The following tweet was posted:

"Sending you love and strength [insert BW Twitter handle] as you face these days back trying to #FindLauren. Continue to handle it w/courage & grace. xo"

Perhaps BW is the one friend who is coming forward. I know it's not the Spierers themselves tweeting or anyone "official" but I have seen that person Tweet that they were meeting with the Spierers in the past, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003