IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that there's any correlation, but AB was registered at both Ivy Tech and IU, based on discussions here in mid-June (IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #17 - Page 27 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community). OTOH, AB doesn't seem like such a POI, IMO ... unless he's the 3:38 am mystery man.

Also, the camp affiliated with DR's recreational major program at IU, Bradford Woods is there ... Bradford Woods, 5040 State Road 67 North, Martinsville, IN. How big is Martinsville, Jupiter? Could one get from say, Bradford Woods, to the mill in a short time?

I would nix Bradford Woods. It's IU property and I'm fairly sure there are summer courses when students stay in cabins.

Thnx for the reminder about AB tho. This really helps me connect the dots to go down what I believe is a viable alternative which is the "truth is somewhere in between" that I woke up with this morning. Earlier I was searching for a more concrete way for a Martinsville dude, or the perp in general, to have been a part of the events that night. I can go with a drug deal but if it was also social in the sense that AB says dude, come part with us tonight, then that makes it much more possible. He would have a certain level of acceptance by others maybe.

Let the media know you want them to continue covering this disappearance and how important it is in general. Some folks in Btown are getting weary and starting to complain. Reader comments on wthr want the "rich new Yorkers" to go home. Blah, blah, blah. We need the media to keep the heat on. Email all the channels or FB comments. Nite!

These cases feel so hopeless to me...we have Lauren supposedly walking off into the night, never to be seen again; Holly being taken right from her own yard, never to be seen again; now Katelyn in Ohio, taken apparently from her own apartment, never to be seen again.I don't see a link, not saying that, other than the fact that LE doesn't seem to have any idea where any of them have gone...or who "helped" them to vanish...

BBM

cluciano63, is that because LE doesn't care, isn't interested, or some other reason?

I asked about the truck a week ago. The reason being that even though LE has discounted it/ruled it out, it keeps making it's way back into discussions every few weeks. Very strange.

BBM

cluciano63, is that because LE doesn't care, isn't interested, or some other reason?

I just think LE is not very good at working missing persons cases, in general. There is a great worry about calling people POI's, a great worry about letting any info out without stopping to determine if they might get something back, sometimes taking too long in starting the searching and investigating, people getting lawyers, videos being asked for too late, etc...lots of reasons. I don't think it is intentional by LE, except for some of the secrecy. Also it doesn't help that bodies can be hidden and never found pretty easily.

Can someone please remind me how these two people are connected, in general?

I get that ZO is prob the guy that punched CR. And that AB is potentially maybe but not necessarily the 3:38 mystery man ... But how are they connected to each other and to the rest of this group?

Who ARE they?
Who's FRIENDS are they?
How did they get into the picture?
Where are they from?
What similarities and differences are there amongst and between these two, and amongst and between either/both of them and either the CR/MB/JR/DR crowd or JW?

Are we 100% percent sure this is where the fire occurred? On Sycamore St.? If so I'd call the authorities right now!

If you look close enough to this picture, the furthest vehicle on the right looks just like the mystery truck. Same wheel well and all!!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA

I think the fire was a block east of Sycamore St. Newspaper reported it was in a building behind Morgan County Feed on East Walnut St. Morgan County Feed is on corner of Walnut and Mahalasville Rd (has 3 grain silos). Blogger on JRNTT drove to Martinsville after the fire, and posted a hand drawn map. The barn (sawmill?) was the building south of the silos, off of Mahalasville Rd. On google aerial map, it's almost square and it looks like it has a white roof. In the street view pic, it's the brown bldg.

Attachments

• Martinsville barn.png
    Martinsville barn.png
    531.5 KB · Views: 22
There is no point to keep bringing back the truck. The police made it crystal-clear. They found the owner, he admitted he was driving it then and they cleared him. End of story.

As for the light shapes on the back of the truck that give the illusion of someone being there, it is equipment and I believe police also had pointed that out when the first put the photos out. There is no person there, although photoshop can transform the shadows to someone looking like a person. That does not make it reality. The truck is unrelated to the case.

I would nix Bradford Woods. It's IU property and I'm fairly sure there are summer courses when students stay in cabins.

Thnx for the reminder about AB tho. This really helps me connect the dots to go down what I believe is a viable alternative which is the "truth is somewhere in between" that I woke up with this morning. Earlier I was searching for a more concrete way for a Martinsville dude, or the perp in general, to have been a part of the events that night. I can go with a drug deal but if it was also social in the sense that AB says dude, come part with us tonight, then that makes it much more possible. He would have a certain level of acceptance by others maybe.

Viable alternatives are needed. What about somebody who worked at Sports, who observed how wasted LS was and either knew her or CR slightly and where they might be headed? I guess the issue with that is they should show up on camera. Going back to the gravel lot, could someone from Martinsville have been parked there and then got out of town a back way or opposite direction, i.e., not shown up on camera like the white truck did?

Also, if someone else who was partying with them is responsible, he (probably not she) must hold something over one or more POI, like a drug deal. Or he's just one really scary guy.

whitetruck1.jpg

Sorry I cannot get over the white truck and this pic either. Is there another pic of the white truck where the cover is completely on? It appears as if the cover was unsnapped at the location where the "person" appears. How can anyone not see this? The only one out at 4:30 in the morning are apparently LS and the white truck and you let the white truck guys go? Then you must dismiss the 4:30 AM departure from JR's as well. This doesn't bode well with me. If the 4:15-4:30 is true - then she encountered the white truck somewhere along her path or the white truck encountered her. I am sorry LE. You have a CRUCIAL element of timing, a mysterious truck there making circles around the block, and now a missing girl? Bring back the white truck.

Viable alternatives are needed. What about somebody who worked at Sports, who observed how wasted LS was and either knew her or CR slightly and where they might be headed? I guess the issue with that is they should show up on camera. Going back to the gravel lot, could someone from Martinsville have been parked there and then got out of town a back way or opposite direction, i.e., not shown up on camera like the white truck did?

Also, if someone else who was partying with them is responsible, he (probably not she) must hold something over one or more POI, like a drug deal. Or he's just one really scary guy.

I went over this with the cameras at 5 North gravel lot (rear of 5 North) and I was told that there were no cameras in the gravel lot of 5 North. I disagreed as I believe I saw 2. I was overruled. So I suppose yes, a car could have been there. but getting the car there or having the car leave the area at that time is awful risky considering the cameras elsewhere. Unless, the perp had this whole thing figured out and googled every camera in Bton. It could have been done but for the 2 cameras I believe are on the gravel lot per the pics in the pic forum.

IMO, the easiest way out of Bton was the white truck.

There is no point to keep bringing back the truck. The police made it crystal-clear. They found the owner, he admitted he was driving it then and they cleared him. End of story.....The truck is unrelated to the case.

(snipped). I recall that years ago, one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims escaped and fled to police. He didn't speak good English but was obviously frantic. Dahmer caught up with them, and brazenly convinced police that the boy was his lover and that they'd had an argument. The police handed him over to Dahmer. They let Dahmer carry off an obviously distraught, unwilling boy, back to his (Dahmer's) home. Police can certainly be fooled.

I'm not saying that the white truck is related, but I do NOT discount it just b/c LE has "cleared" them. The timing is too close. Just because the owner admitted to driving it, and picking up a co-worker, does not excuse the fact that these two men could have been involved with her disappearance. Everything in his story may have "checked out" (he owned the truck, he drove the tuck, he drove that route and at that time, he picked up someone along the route) but perhaps he failed to mention, "Oh, and we stopped and grabbed a girl along the way". Did they verify that they drove straight to work? Did they verify that they remained at work the ENTIRE day? I need more details before I am 100% comfy with clearing this truck. I'm not convinced that BBP know how to handle this type of crime, nor that they're thorough job, so I'm not convinced that they would ask enough detailed questions.

IMO what everyone sees as being her white shirt, is just the white tarp blowing up in the wind. I don't see LS. What I do see however, is a man in a black shirt (can see a face too), appearing to have his hand on the railing as though he's sitting in the bed looking outward and perhaps LS is laying down behind him. It is funny how we can all look at the same photo and clearly see different things. I'd like to think that they had this enhanced.

What concerns me most about this photos is the bed liner. Most people in construction, when placing equipment in the rear, will remove the liner. They generally don't just peel it back because that equipment can shift in the truck and then tear their liner. This liner is obviously just peeled back for whatever was placed in the truck. IMO that shows haste and hurry to get something in there and take off.

Let's not forget AA, who found the keys and wallet at about 3AM - a little too close to the time the camera caught what was going on. What are his connections? Just happened to be in the area? heard and saw nothing, no one?

If you look closely on the reflection of the truck bed, there is no cover on it. You can clearly see an empty bed and the outline of the sparetire.
whitetruckbackend.jpg

EXACTLY. I am not ruling out the white truck. He** no. Wow. Clear as day. Thank you.

The only reason they even suspected the truck to begin with is because they believed it circled the block. They were wrong. It only appears on cameras one time, not twice as they falsely believed. It didn't even travel at a location where LS was supposedly last seen. So clearly it had nothing to do with anything.

OK this is really interesting to me, and something I hadn't even noticed before. In the pic where many of us see a person (whether it be a woman, a man, or both), it's clear to me that thee is some type of cover on there. If you look at the black around the top of the bed rails, it is covered up part-way clear around, with the overlap of the cover. There is nothing visible in the rear passenger's side of the truck (no rounded object, which you describe as a spare tire - I'm not sure that's a tire BTW, but possible). In the photo that you show, it does appear to have no cover. I would be interested in knowing which photo was taken first - anyone know? It appears to me that perhaps there was never a cover on the truck, then they quickly added one (but do people carry their covers around with them in the truck, when not in use?) It's also possible that it had been on the truck, then removed, but that doesn't make sense. If they were hiding LS in the back, why remove the cover?

If you look closely on the reflection of the truck bed, there is no cover on it. You can clearly see an empty bed and the outline of the sparetire.
whitetruckbackend.jpg

The only reason they even suspected the truck to begin with is because they believed it circled the block. They were wrong. It only appears on cameras one time, not twice as they falsely believed. It didn't even travel at a location where LS was supposedly last seen. So clearly it had nothing to do with anything.

Respectfully, the word "supposedly" doesn't equate with your next word, "clearly". I don't mean that to sound sassy at all - just using your example to show my point. We don't EXACTLY know where LS was last seen. We also don't know EXACTLY the path of this truck. While it may have not circled the block, it certainly could have diverted into an alley, then backed out or something. The fact remains that we just do not know. Do I think it's likely involved? I wouldn't go that far, but I am not ruling a thing out until it can be certifiably ruled out. Based on LE's statements, I do not believe they've released enough info to convince me of that yet.

The truck is captured on video heading west on 10th Street, approaching Morton Street, at 4:14 a.m. June 3, according to the time on the video surveillance camera equipment. The truck then heads north on Morton Street.

It is seen a second time heading west on 10th Street, approaching Morton, at 4:24 a.m.

This was the exact location that Lauren should have been if JR was indeed telling the truth.

The truck is captured on video heading west on 10th Street, approaching Morton Street, at 4:14 a.m. June 3, according to the time on the video surveillance camera equipment. The truck then heads north on Morton Street.

It is seen a second time heading west on 10th Street, approaching Morton, at 4:24 a.m.

This was the exact location that Lauren should have been if JR was indeed telling the truth.

That's what they believed originally. Then when they found the truck they realized two cameras have differences in their internal clock and the truck did not circle the block. It was all released during the press-conference when they said they ruled out the truck. So the truck DOES NOT APPEAR twice. It only traveled on that road ONCE, and did not circle the block to a location LS was supposedly last seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90