IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This truck has a huge logo and I believe THE white truck has something completely different. If they have a fleet of white truck, I would assume all of their logos are the same??

You assume a lot. Maybe the logo is one of those removeable magnetic ones. Maybe it's been painted over. Maybe their fleet consists of 2 trucks, and the other doesn't have the logo on it. According to google search, this C****** has several different companies in Martinsville - hauling, trees, remodeling.... I'd be more interested in whether the make/model of the truck is the same.

You assume a lot. Maybe the logo is one of those removeable magnetic ones. Maybe it's been painted over. Maybe their fleet consists of 2 trucks, and the other doesn't have the logo on it. According to google search, this C***** has several different companies in Martinsville - hauling, trees, remodeling.... I'd be more interested in whether the make/model of the truck is the same.

I didn't assume "alot". I only assumed one thing LOL, I think it was a fair assumption though. Most people who own a "fleet" in a company, use the same logo on each one, whether it's magnetic or otherwise. Surely not all though.

Nonetheless, the last poster just ruled out this as being THE truck, or even owned by the C*****, so I guess it's a mute point.

I'll be the first to say that I don't think THE white truck is out of question. I also think it's quite possible that it could be connected to Martinsville. I'm not ruling out anything yet.

My thought is the LE should check back with the drivers of that truck and see if it looks the same. Has it been tampered with at all since?

If I remember correctly, the LE statement We are all beholden to assumptions right now, unfortunately :(

If you put the first and last line of your post together it kinda sums up every BPD press conference...lol

Anyone have more info on ZO/AB's pal BB?

Good eye. But you can blame Google cache for connecting that truck on that page to this business based in Minnesota.

but if you look into the company in martinsville you find a coupon image with a white truck with decals similar to the white truck in bloomington that night, anyway the police knows who the truck belongs to, and i think that is a good thing. they said they ruled it out...

do we have ANY idea who even KNEW about that altercation other than CR/LS and whomever was the puncher? I've not seen any indication that there was anyone else around... and... if the witnesses were guys, they're not quite so much into the drama that would result in tattletale calls to JW...

I really wish we knew more about the altercation. It could have been a melee with dozen of people involved or as witnesses, or it could have just involved two or three people. It could have had everyone on the floor peeking out eyeholes in their doors or standing in witness, or maybe it just sounded like routine after-bar noise and didn't even cause people to get off their couches. The hallways could echo, or they could absorb noise. I can imagine those scenarios and everything in between. We just don't know, which is so frustrating, because I think the fight was the evening's fulcrum -- the point at which it tipped for LS from a normal fun night out in which she might have overdone it a little but nothing she couldn't sleep off -- to a very dangerous one.

do we have ANY idea who even KNEW about that altercation other than CR/LS and whomever was the puncher? I've not seen any indication that there was anyone else around... and... if the witnesses were guys, they're not quite so much into the drama that would result in tattletale calls to JW...

I agree. When news about the fight first was released last June, I asked my boyfriend, who's 25 and was in a frat, for his opinion. He said that unless he thought the girl was going to be taken advantaged of or hurt, he wouldn't "tattle" to her boyfriend. He said their relationship wasn't his business and it would be the (possibly cheating) girlfriend's responsibility to work things out with her boyfriend. However, if she didn't and time passed, he said he'd mention something to his buddy, but would then stay out of their business. But definitely not when it was happening. He added that guys aren't "into the drama like girls are".

I remember this wasn't something many WS-ers agreed with when I first wrote about it -- I'm a little leery of his theory as well! But, he was pretty confident that most guys from his frat would behave the same.. and my bf and (most haha) of his frat brothers are really good guys.

It's really bothersome to me that we don't know the status of JW. Is he still an undergrad at IU or not? His Facebook says IU '11. And it says he's an intern at a place in NY.

He could be both. I spent my last semester of college not at school, but working at my internship (getting college credit, not pay).

I agree. When news about the fight first was released last June, I asked my boyfriend, who's 25 and was in a frat, for his opinion. He said that unless he thought the girl was going to be taken advantaged of or hurt, he wouldn't "tattle" to her boyfriend. He said their relationship wasn't his business and it would be the (possibly cheating) girlfriend's responsibility to work things out with her boyfriend. However, if she didn't and time passed, he said he'd mention something to his buddy, but would then stay out of their business. But definitely not when it was happening. He added that guys aren't "into the drama like girls are".

I remember this wasn't something many WS-ers agreed with when I first wrote about it -- I'm a little leery of his theory as well! But, he was pretty confident that most guys from his frat would behave the same.. and my bf and (most haha) of his frat brothers are really good guys.

I completely agree with this. Guys are NOT into drama, pure and simple. There's also been question over how good of friend ZO/AB even are to JW. I could possibly "buy" this story, if they were room mates or best friends, but....

It's possible that they may have said something to JW, but to go so far as to punch a guy in the head? I don't think so. IMO there's much more to this story. Wasn't there some fight mentioned at Indy 500? My guess is that this is a continuation. Sounds to me like these guys just simply do not like CR for some reason (perhaps drug related) and that something CR did that night just p*ssed them off again (and perhaps that doesn't take much). It sounds to me as though they were waiting on CR. I think there was something started at Sports (or something overheard). Otherwise, ho would they happen to know that CR would even be headed back to SW?

It's really bothersome to me that we don't know the status of JW. Is he still an undergrad at IU or not? His Facebook says IU '11. And it says he's an intern at a place in NY.

One thing I know: He is in Bloomington because I saw him two days ago. Someone said he graduated but had one remaining course to take this fall. He is still listed as a student in IU's address book.

I really wish we knew more about the altercation. It could have been a melee with dozen of people involved or as witnesses, or it could have just involved two or three people. It could have had everyone on the floor peeking out eyeholes in their doors or standing in witness, or maybe it just sounded like routine after-bar noise and didn't even cause people to get off their couches. The hallways could echo, or they could absorb noise. I can imagine those scenarios and everything in between. We just don't know, which is so frustrating, because I think the fight was the evening's fulcrum -- the point at which it tipped for LS from a normal fun night out in which she might have overdone it a little but nothing she couldn't sleep off -- to a very dangerous one.

I had similar thoughts when I walked the alley the other day, imagining and wondering if those who were "making their way" made enough noise to cause residents to look out their windows in which case there would be witnesses. But it may not have been anything out of the ordinary either.

Oh, and a week or so ago I talked to the owner of a restaurant I frequent downtown. He said he finds all sorts of things in the alley a few blocks away: condoms, undies, liquor bottles...

Do not post the names of individuals who are not named players in this case. Use only first and last initials.

I agree that guys are not into drama and wouldn't call and tattle just because LS was seen with another guy. And if guys were the only ones involved in the fight and only guys were witnesses, and if LS wasn't the subject of the altercation, then I think it's unlikely that word would get back to JW that LS was simply with a guy who got in a fight.

If the altercation was about concerns for LS, I would be surprised if someone didn't let her boyfriend know, though, after she wandered off with the guy who they were concerned about.

So many "ifs" borne out of a lack of information.

I really wish we knew more about the altercation. It could have been a melee with dozen of people involved or as witnesses, or it could have just involved two or three people.

My impression is it was a larger group than two or three - a crowd. I wish I knew who was among the group. I have some confidence that there were at least two or more friends of JW's circle (whether friends of JW himself, I'm not sure). I'm also certainly willing to believe that ZO (& Co?) was among the group, though I think the evidence of that is hazier. I do not believe these two groups are connected, though it's possible. In fact, I have better reason to believe that the ZO group may have some connection to the 5N group (JR/CR/MB).

It sounds to me as though they were waiting on CR. I think there was something started at Sports (or something overheard). Otherwise, ho would they happen to know that CR would even be headed back to SW?

I think they know because they confronted/followed CR between Sports and SW. I don't know if that means they were at Sports too, but that might be a good bet.

Regarding the altercation, here is an early post #697, thread #9, from SmoothOperator:

Quote:
Wolff's friend told Fox59 News that Wolff was watching basketball several hours before Spierer disappeared and was under the impression his girlfriend was staying home at her apartment at Smallwood Plaza. He said Wolff went to bed at 2:30 a.m., about the same time Spierer and Rossman were coming home from Kilroy's Sports Bar.

The friend said Wolff received no phone calls or visitors in the hours after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood. The friend said Wolff called Spierer's cell phone the next day when it was answered by an employee of Kilroys'. Wolff then alerted Spierer's friends of her disappearance before filing a police report and calling her parents in New York.]

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingto...,3710472.story

after his fraternity brothers confronted Spierer and Rossman at Smallwood

I think that's pretty consistent with what I said. However, I don't know that that describes the entire group, or how many members. We have the undenied "rumors" about ZO, for instance, who may not be AEPi - I'm not convinced he was in the confrontation, but I have become more convinced, after re-reviewing things that have been posted elsewhere, that he might relate, at least tangentially, to the case.

After looking more closely at those posts elsewhere that I mentioned above, I'm also more of the opinion, though not certain, that there was at least one other person at JR's with LS late at night - that's consistent with Salzmann's suggestion that there were at least 3 people LS encountered after CR went to bed (two of whom are MB and JR). I don't know if that was a guest from out of town or not. I wonder if that person was there earlier in the night and also if they went to Sports with CR and LS. I wonder, in fact, if JR went to Sports. I do remain fairly confident that it was (only) CR in the alley with LS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem