IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to a "random" abduction, there is also the possibility of abduction by a stalker or other person who had specifically targeted LS. I wonder if she ever thought she might be followed, or thought someone was watching her, etc. And if she did, did she ever mention it to any of her friends or acquaintances.

I know there has been little or no attention given to such a theory, but I think it is important that no possible scenario be eliminated when there are so few facts to go on.

I think stalking is very unlikely because a stalker would have no way of knowing when she was going to leave CR's, MB's and JR's apartments. How would a stalker know she was going to go home alone at 4 am in the morning?

I think stalking is very unlikely because a stalker would have no way of knowing when she was going to leave CR's, MB's and JR's apartments. How would a stalker know she was going to go home alone at 4 am in the morning?

The only way I see someone waiting her out would be a boyfriend/jilted lover scenario. In that case, the person's 1st motive would be to spy and just see how long she'd stay in the apartments where he knows other guys are and where he knows it's not where she lives.

They are photos from the scene I described. Link number one is the place where the blonde was rushed at and very close to where the dogs lost Lauren's scent and her keys were found. Link number two is where our Mystery Man's getaway car came from.
Wish I could have put the pictures on here another way. But, I am new to using this site and not familiar with the features.

Two comments here. It is unsubstantiated rumor that dogs lost a scent anywhere. Second is that if your mystery man's car came from the private lot at 10th and College Village then it was captured on video at either end of the alley.

If LS had continued down the street to Smallwood, what is location of the first video camera that would have recorded her image? If she had switched to the alley, what video camera would have first caught her image?

To the best of my judgment, there are no cameras that have a view of the College Avenue west sidewalk until you arrive at Smallwood. If she switched to the alley, the same camera that caught her image going to 5 North would be the first she would show up on, unless of course she switched to the alley using the E/W alley just north of 10th and College, whereas she would be picked up by that camera when doing so.

True.

Were there cameras at the Waffle House that might detect anyone leaving there at the same time LS was walking down College across the street?

Two comments here. It is unsubstantiated rumor that dogs lost a scent anywhere. Second is that if your mystery man's car came from the private lot at 10th and College Village then it was captured on video at either end of the alley.

To the best of my judgment, there are no cameras that have a view of the College Avenue west sidewalk until you arrive at Smallwood. If she switched to the alley, the same camera that caught her image going to 5 North would be the first she would show up on, unless of course she switched to the alley using the E/W alley just north of 10th and College, whereas she would be picked up by that camera when doing so.

That is true about no cameras on the west sidewalk, and for that matter, much of the east sidewalk. She would, however be on camera if she walked through 10th and College Village arcade as there are cameras on both ends.

What a puzzling case!
One or more POI's logically would be most likely involved base on odds that favor last person who sees a victim being the one involved.

Yet, amazingly all the POI's seem to have gotten their stories straight, and if involved have been exceedingly lucky in covering things up - doing so in so in very little time.
That leads me to think a random abductor - but here again, amazing luck in that with all the cameras about, nothing was seen!
The only scenario that would make sense, yet I can't believe, is if it was something pre-planned.

Here is an answer to my second question:

http://druzifer.livejournal.com/801288.html

After an hour or so of hanging out with the group, Spierer and Rossman set out alone on a five-minute walk along 11th Street, across College Avenue and over to Walnut Street to one of downtown Bloomington's favorite watering holes, Kilroy's Sports Bar.

Does anyone know if 10th and College Village Apts have video cameras inside the building like SW does? Looking at the picture with the handrail, there is a door. Unless this is an emergency door that would set off an alarm, someone could exit, abduct LS, and never be seen by either camera. I am wondering if after she left JR's she realized she did not have her purse or keys and went back to the gravel area to see if she had dropped them. Of course it would have to be someone who had access to 10th and College Village Apts.

Is there any likelihood that she was picked up by authorities walking alone at 4-430am with no shoes and under the influence, and her heart condition set in with fear. I mean it is possible that she could have died while with police, and there could have been a major cover up. Hence no leads, no action against any POI's and lack of surveillance footage?

Thoughts?

Is there any likelihood that she was picked up by authorities walking alone at 4-430am with no shoes and under the influence, and her heart condition set in with fear. I mean it is possible that she could have died while with police, and there could have been a major cover up. Hence no leads, no action against any POI's and lack of surveillance footage?

Thoughts?

Interesting thought but unless there were inappropriate actions by LE then why would they not just seek help? Assuming it's a 'clean bust' and she has a seizure or something upon being questioned wouldn't LE just call for help?

After an hour or so of hanging out with the group, Spierer and Rossman set out alone on a five-minute walk along 11th Street, across College Avenue and over to Walnut Street to one of downtown Bloomington's favorite watering holes, Kilroy's Sports Bar.

This is a possible route, sure, but I don't believe we know this to be accurate.

Does anyone know if 10th and College Village Apts have video cameras inside the building like SW does? Looking at the picture with the handrail, there is a door. Unless this is an emergency door that would set off an alarm, someone could exit, abduct LS, and never be seen by either camera. I am wondering if after she left JR's she realized she did not have her purse or keys and went back to the gravel area to see if she had dropped them. Of course it would have to be someone who had access to 10th and College Village Apts.

Great observation here on that door. I can't say one way or the other if there are cameras on the inside of it, but the website for the property does advertise a "Secured entry building with state of the art video security system" so it would seem likely.

I have a question about the 5 North Apartments. Do the outside doors of the apartment building enter directly into the apartments, or do they enter to a common area, then enter the apartments from inside doors? If they enter to a common area, can anyone enter through the outside doors, or do the doors require a key entry?

I have a question about the 5 North Apartments. Do the outside doors of the apartment building enter directly into the apartments, or do they enter to a common area, then enter the apartments from inside doors? If they enter to a common area, can anyone enter through the outside doors, or do the doors require a key entry?

No common area, they are "townhomes" where you enter directly into the apartment from outside.

JR floorplan link

CR floorplan link

No common area, they are "townhomes" where you enter directly into the apartment from outside.

JR floorplan link

CR floorplan link

Thanks bx2. The reason for my question is, if CR doesn't remember anything after he was punched and LS was in an unstable condition, how could they find a key to get in? I suppose they could knock on the door till MB let them in. Then that means LS would have to go back outside and 2 doors down to get into JR's. I thought that she just walked across the hall to JR's. So, maybe she was not that unstable as was previously stated.

Above you mention that if it isn't a door with an emergency exit, then yes it could have been opened at any point. Perhaps this is a significant new setting and her keys weren't just randomly found there or placed on the railing.

Too many angles not really enough new information being released. Poking and many theories. Nothing makes sense.

Were there cameras at the Waffle House that might detect anyone leaving there at the same time LS was walking down College across the street?
I follow too many cases. Or maybe I'm just getting old. :) There was extensive discussion about the WH last summer, but I couldn't remember if cameras were confirmed or not. So, I did a search on Lauren's threads.

B'town went over to check and he said there were none on the outside of the building. He wasn't sure about inside the restaurant, but he didn't see any through the windows. You can read B'town's post at this link.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Another member who is local said the WH does have a camera on the inside aimed at the door. And I do remember that there are two or three on the outside of the law office which I believe is on the northeast corner of the same intersection.

Also, here's a link to an interactive map that shows most if not all of the downtown Bloomington security cameras.

http://www.bloomingtonsecuritycameras.com/map.html

The interactive map of cameras is sorely out of date but not much has changed in the area in question (stretch of College she could have walked). The web page says it was last updated in 2010. The map doesn't even show 10th and College Village nor Morton Mansions. Also, it doesn't indicate the cameras on the north and south ends of the arcade of 10th and College Apts (not the "Village" as I mistakenly used in my post at top of page).

Yes, the law office building which coincidentally is that of CR's attorney, Salzmann, has cameras but Btown said he thinks they point to the parking lot. These tapes were viewed and showed no Lauren.

My new mantra is: Someone she knows, knows.

Means, motive, opportunity. I feel that it's all there in some way, shape or form, just waiting to be all tied together. IMO, there are some clever people involved with this, but as is usually the case, not as clever as they think. This will be solved, I'm confident of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader