IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one photo that shows the cameras in the rear of the buildings. There are many more photos in this thread:

IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

25kn0a1.jpg

Does anyone know the range of the cameras? Would the camera in this picture reach to the handrail? If so, the person who placed LS purse and key on the handrail would be on camera. It would also help with the timeline.

Does anyone know the range of the cameras? Would the camera in this picture reach to the handrail? If so, the person who placed LS purse and key on the handrail would be on camera. It would also help with the timeline.

The object over the door looks like a light. Btown was very thorough in his/her inventory though, so I'm not sure what to think. The camera on the left would not pick up someone at the handrail. There is a camera on the right (not shown) that, depending on its direction, might capture the handrail.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3766/img00184201106141729.jpg

Does anyone know if the traffic light in this picture has a camera on it? Or if the object on the pole in front of the Lofts apartments is a camera? This is the corner LS is suppose to be rounding according to JR. Curious if there are cameras there if it would have picked up anything.

Attachments

• img00184201106141729.jpeg
    img00184201106141729.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 18
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3766/img00184201106141729.jpg

Does anyone know if the traffic light in this picture has a camera on it? Or if the object on the pole in front of the Lofts apartments is a camera? This is the corner LS is suppose to be rounding according to JR. Curious if there are cameras there if it would have picked up anything.

The Lofts do not have any cameras, the traffic light does not have any cameras. That intersection does not have any cameras.

Nothing, Nada, Zip.

Neither of the cameras in the picture show the handrail. There is another camera out of sight on the right side of the building, but it is pointed downward too far to see the handrail.

Neither of the cameras in the picture show the handrail. There is another camera out of sight on the right side of the building, but it is pointed downward too far to see the handrail.

Sorry for the possible confusion, but I thought that the person who had placed the keys on the handrail had identified himself? AJA, maybe? Or am I missing the point of your (Doubting Thomas) interest in the camera picking this up?

Sorry for the possible confusion, but I thought that the person who had placed the keys on the handrail had identified himself? AJA, maybe? Or am I missing the point of your (Doubting Thomas) interest in the camera picking this up?
I know I should verify this first, but iirc, AJA said he saw the coin purse/keys on the ground but he didn't move them. It was his roommate who placed them on the handrail when he came home some time later.

ETA: The link to the article no longer works, but here's the link to the WS post where Knox quoted the article.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6655697&postcount=8"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2[/ame]

The original lohud article is gone now, but here's a link to a quote in Websleuths. At about 3. a.m. Ajay A saw a small purple pouch with a gold key on the ground. He left it there. A few hour's later Ajay's friend saw it there and placed on the railing.

A video of this area would be valuable because it would show the time when and circumstances under which LS dropped the key and purple pouch.

Let's start with Long QT Syndrome. It is not a heart defect as many have been led to believe in this story. it is a neurological problem related to epilepsy. People with this disability have been given a PI or DUI after only one drink. Alcohol makes them very uncoordinated even though their thinking may still be clear. So, Lauren may have been stumbling but quite able to use a cellphone. Her mind may have been functioning much better than we have been led to believe. Heart problems caused by Long QT are controlled with beta blockers. You can get beta blockers at a local nutrition store. No prescription required. This girl could very well still be alive and held by her abductor.
As far as no video proof of her leaving 5 N Townhomes. There is also no video proof of her going there. The POI's statements to BPD are all that place her at that location.
Lauren and Corey arrive at her apartment in the early hours of June 3. The story goes, they are ambushed on the 5th Floor. CR is knocked down and kicked in the head. Lauren is angry and does not enter her apartment. The guy who attacked CR is a friend of her roommate. So, she walks CR home instead of going home herself. I wonder if she stayed at Jay Rosenbaum's till 4:30 AM because she may have been afraid she could be ambushed herself and wanted to wait them out. This may also explain why she didn't use the path she normally took which passed by 10th & College Apartments where they lived. The NE corner of 10th and College Apartments would be an excellent place to stand out of camera view and watch a girl leaving 5 N Townhomes. You would be able to see which direction she took and go grab her. And, I wouldn't know all this except for I went to Bloomington myself on August 23, 2011. Two men and a blond were in the alley near sundown. The blond got ahead of us in the alley and a middle-eastern man came running after her. When he saw 2 men, he ran to a getaway car and sped away.
He came from 10th and College Apartments. So, I bet it's an abduction. But, it's not a random abduction because you really had to know that block in order to avoid the cameras. By the way, I also suspect Lauren dropped her keys during the kidnapping because you have your keys in hand on the way home, not on the way to visiting. Oh,
Weren't her keys put on the rail of 10th and College Apartments?

BBM. Sorry, that's not true, unless you've confused 10th & College Apartments with 10th & College Village. You cannot see anyone leaving 5N from the NE corner of 10th & College Apartments. All you would see is the stoplight at 11th & College, and that's a fair distance (and quite dark at 4 AM). Even if you're claiming that the NE corner of 10th & College Village is where the person was standing, you're still not seeing anything --- 11th street in front of 5N was not illuminated at the time of the disappearance, nor was the alley between 11th street and 10th & College Village.

I'm also amazed at your ability to determine both a potential abduction and a "getaway car" in split seconds.

The location I am writing about is in the above photo where the alleys meet. I am pleased about only one thing. None of you were the detective from BPD who took my call. I had nothing to gain by making up a story. I only had a lot to lose because I am a public figure who was well known in my field.
This is a creepy case and why would I want to be involved? But, I was told to speak up.
So, I did. What if I had just remained silent? I could. Nothing in this for me. But, what if what I saw is the key? And, had this not happened, I would not be here.

The location I am writing about is in the above photo where the alleys meet. I am pleased about only one thing. None of you were the detective from BPD who took my call. I had nothing to gain by making up a story. I only had a lot to lose because I am a public figure who was well known in my field.
This is a creepy case and why would I want to be involved? But, I was told to speak up.
So, I did. What if I had just remained silent? I could. Nothing in this for me. But, what if what I saw is the key? And, had this not happened, I would not be here.

It's definitely a creepy case, from any perspective. Either LS was randomly abducted, disposed of after a long QT syndrome attack/OD, or fell off the face of the earth. I have no problem considering a random abduction. I do, however, suspect that drinking and/or drugs were involved, or MB wouldn't say that LS asked him if he wanted to party. At 3 am in the morning, that term has a certain connotation. That doesn't make me view LS in a negative light, BTW. It just makes me think she was vulnerable ... to a random abductor or a POI.

Jacobite, what is behind the links for the downloads you posted? I like to know before I click. TY.

They are photos from the scene I described. Link number one is the place where the blonde was rushed at and very close to where the dogs lost Lauren's scent and her keys were found. Link number two is where our Mystery Man's getaway car came from.
Wish I could have put the pictures on here another way. But, I am new to using this site and not familiar with the features.

Jacobite,

Those links don't work for me.

And, here you are not a public figure -- you haven't posted your name, have you? -- You are just another poster with an anonymous user name posting unverified rumors. Not saying your perspective isn't valuable, just putting things in perspective as to why people may be skeptical of some of your posts (just as you have expressed skepticism of other posts).

If LS had continued down the street to Smallwood, what is location of the first video camera that would have recorded her image? If she had switched to the alley, what video camera would have first caught her image?

It's definitely a creepy case, from any perspective. Either LS was randomly abducted, disposed of after a long QT syndrome attack/OD, or fell off the face of the earth. I have no problem considering a random abduction. I do, however, suspect that drinking and/or drugs were involved, or MB wouldn't say that LS asked him if he wanted to party. At 3 am in the morning, that term has a certain connotation. That doesn't make me view LS in a negative light, BTW. It just makes me think she was vulnerable ... to a random abductor or a POI.

In addition to a "random" abduction, there is also the possibility of abduction by a stalker or other person who had specifically targeted LS. I wonder if she ever thought she might be followed, or thought someone was watching her, etc. And if she did, did she ever mention it to any of her friends or acquaintances.

I know there has been little or no attention given to such a theory, but I think it is important that no possible scenario be eliminated when there are so few facts to go on.

This question may have already been answered in earlier posts.

We know that LS left with DR to go to JR at 5 North. Do we know what route they took to get there? We know that LS left with CR from 5 North to go to Kilroy's. Do we know what route they took to get there? We know what route LS and CR took to go back to 5 North from the cameras. My question is, if LS had taken the same route earlier with DR and CR, how is it the dogs lost her scent around the last place she was seen on camera and where her purse was found? Would not her scent be detectable all the way to 5 North from earlier and because CR, MB and JR all said she came back to 5 North?

In addition to a "random" abduction, there is also the possibility of abduction by a stalker or other person who had specifically targeted LS. I wonder if she ever thought she might be followed, or thought someone was watching her, etc. And if she did, did she ever mention it to any of her friends or acquaintances.

I know there has been little or no attention given to such a theory, but I think it is important that no possible scenario be eliminated when there are so few facts to go on.

There was some discussion awhile back about a Hispanic man who asked LS to party at Sports. Maybe that would still be considered random ... if such a person existed and had just met her? Regardless, perhaps someone saw her and targeted her then and there. The thing that gets dicey, IMO, is that if someone saw LS and CR enter SW, I'd think he/she would expect her to stay at SW. (I'm assuming "he," you know, but in the pursuit of being open-minded ...)

In terms of an actual stalker ... I agree it's important to explore all scenarios. Perhaps an alternate scenario would be that someone followed her and CR from SW after the altercation. Again, however, that someone would have had to bide his/her time while she was inside 5 North (providing JR's timetable is true) ... and at a certain point, he/she might have assumed she was staying the night there.

It also rather interests me that this AJA saw LS' keys/wristlet and then a friend (or was it roommate?) later put her things on the railing. There just seem to be so many "friends" involved in what transpired that night. I don't mean to imply anything by that ... it's probably just a coincidence based on shared vicinity. But I have wondered about it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader