IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the drug rumors came from a person who posted on the PT board claiming that he knew (but was not friends with) four guys who had roomed with one of the PsOI. This person initially jumped to the conclusion that they were probably all on drugs, but quickly retreated when he realized that he was spreading rumors based on speculation not fact. He then posted, in bold print, that he had no idea whether or not she was on anything that night and that he did not know her personally. But by that time the damage had been done.

Later, someone who claimed to be JW's roommate came in with more drug use allegations and said that LS had been to rehab for alcohol but not drugs. He seemed to think that she had used coke and Xanax (based on rumors?) but he also said that such use was out of character for her.

I still wonder about her leaving her stuff behind at the bar. Lauren had been charged with public intoxication and illegal consumption in September of 2010 and the case was handled via pre-trial diversion. I am not sure what would have happened if she had a second offense less than a year later. What if she hurriedly left Kilroy's because she and CR recognized someone such as a police officer or probation officer entering the bar? That would account for a hasty exit. The same would be true if anyone else that they wanted to avoid entered the bar.

Wasn't there a story that she was asked to leave the bar that night? Or was that just a rumor? And maybe either did not have time, or just forgot to grab her various items? I can't remember anymore...

There was a report she was kicked out of Kilroys and it seems it was reported by Tony Gatto.

Wow....u don't check in for a couple Weeks and look what's going on. Like most of u here I've been here since the beginning....I too would like to know jacobite why ur here now? I'm just curious? I actually appreciate some fresh talk. My mind is completely open to all the different.
I tried to go back over some YouTube stuff today & the first thing I pulled up was an interview with her mom and dad....it kills me to see her mom...I couldn't look at anything else after that.
Anyhow-obviously I have nothing to add to the conversation but I has to say something. Most of us here spent all nite n day on here the first couple months. I'm glad to see everyone is still coming here.
U guys r the best. As always my thoughts and prayers r with the Spierers.

Lauren Spierer is a wonderful girl who was taken from our world way to soon. Someone who would have made a difference. They took her and they lied and tried to smear her name. And, we won' let them.
Some of Lauren's friends became our friends and they told us a much different story than what the media was telling us. Lauren was very involved in charity work and she was an excellent student. She loved people and she loved life. She was no druggie. She was abducted. I am new on Websleuths but I have commented on other forums.
Rob Spierer went to a great deal of trouble to track me down and phoned me the eve of Lauren's birthday. I told him what I knew and what had happened to us in the alley in Bloomington. I told him how sorry I was for Lauren and his family.
I have never seen a story this terrible. Almost everything we've been told about this case is not true. Lauren is a good person. So, I had to come here and tell the truth. But, so many have already made up their mind and believe rumors that first made the tabloids and than into the mainstream media. Maybe this link tells the story. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccMwH8x3_U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccMwH8x3_U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Lauren Spierer is a wonderful girl who was taken from our world way to soon. Someone who would have made a difference. They took her and they lied and tried to smear her name. And, we won' let them.
Some of Lauren's friends became our friends and they told us a much different story than what the media was telling us. Lauren was very involved in charity work and she was an excellent student. She loved people and she loved life. She was no druggie. She was abducted. I am new on Websleuths but I have commented on other forums.
Rob Spierer went to a great deal of trouble to track me down and phoned me the eve of Lauren's birthday. I told him what I knew and what had happened to us in the alley in Bloomington. I told him how sorry I was for Lauren and his family.
I have never seen a story this terrible. Almost everything we've been told about this case is not true. Lauren is a good person. So, I had to come here and tell the truth. But, so many have already made up their mind and believe rumors that first made the tabloids and than into the mainstream media. Maybe this link tells the story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccMwH8x3_U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

JMO, most of us have become familiar with Lauren's many good works, charity efforts, devotion to her friends, etc...I don't think the overall feeling is at all that Lauren was in any way anything other than a highly intelligent young lady who cared about her friends and family, and who most likely was betrayed by either someone she trusted, or was taken away by an evil random stranger. It is my belief, anyway, that no one here is judging her as a person for any actions from that night. She may even have been drugged for all we know and (nearly) all college students go to bars, drink too much on occasion, etc. That is part of college and always has been, since colleges first came into being. There is nothing she could have possibly done that would in any way justify this horror that has happened to her, and that her family and friends are living with every moment. JMO

<snipped>

I still wonder about her leaving her stuff behind at the bar. Lauren had been charged with public intoxication and illegal consumption in September of 2010 and the case was handled via pre-trial diversion. I am not sure what would have happened if she had a second offense less than a year later. What if she hurriedly left Kilroy's because she and CR recognized someone such as a police officer or probation officer entering the bar? That would account for a hasty exit. The same would be true if anyone else that they wanted to avoid entered the bar.

I read months ago on a forum that this was her first night out drinking since her arrest; if true, your scenario makes sense. But still...without her phone, wow.

JMO, most of us have become familiar with Lauren's many good works, charity efforts, devotion to her friends, etc...I don't think the overall feeling is at all that Lauren was in any way anything other than a highly intelligent young lady who cared about her friends and family, and who most likely was betrayed by either someone she trusted, or was taken away by an evil random stranger. It is my belief, anyway, that no one here is judging her as a person for any actions from that night. She may even have been drugged for all we know and (nearly) all college students go to bars, drink too much on occasion, etc. That is part of college and always has been, since colleges first came into being. There is nothing she could have possibly done that would in any way justify this horror that has happened to her, and that her family and friends are living with every moment. JMO

This is exactly how I feel. It really doesn't affect my opinion whether LS was partying or not that night, or whether she was typically straight-edged or partied. That doesn't affect what I think of her at all. From everything I've seen and heard about LS, I like her a lot. I believe most people feel this way ... and I hope her parents know that. What happened to LS could have happened to any college or even HS student, though her long QT syndrome may have made her more vulnerable.

To me, the main issues are to choose your friends wisely and to travel in numbers. Many girls really don't totally get the danger of walking alone. I see this with some of my daughter's friends, and it bothers me immensely. I had an incident recently where a girl left at 6 am to walk home after a sleepover, w/o telling my daughter or me. The one person who was awake didn't see anything wrong with this or try to stop her. Thinking safe and watching out for others' safety is paramount, IMO.

I think the above statements hold true whether a POI or a random abductor is involved and whether alcohol and//or drugs were or weren't a factor.

I have never seen a story this terrible. Almost everything we've been told about this case is not true. Lauren is a good person. So, I had to come here and tell the truth. But, so many have already made up their mind and believe rumors that first made the tabloids and than into the mainstream media. Maybe this link tells the story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YccMwH8x3_U&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I agree about Lauren making a difference in the world, and I've believed that from the beginning. I also believe it's possible she was using drugs recreationally (perhaps prescription ones) and I don't judge nor blame her for that. She was not a drug user or addict. She would not have been able to maintain her studies and, as one teacher said, stay late after class to work on projects.

Based on my read of your following statement coupled with what you have said previously, it would seem Karen and her boyfriend are responsible. Am I understanding correctly?:

"They took her and they lied and tried to smear her name."

<snipped>.... Almost everything we've been told about this case is not true. Lauren is a good person. So, I had to come here and tell the truth. But, so many have already made up their mind and believe rumors that first made the tabloids and than into the mainstream media

I don't think anyone here has disputed that Lauren is a good person (?)

I also don't think anyone (around here at least) has made up their mind about anything... We've discussed all kinds of possibilities -- Unfortunately, even the most plausible scenarios don't seem to have the facts to back them up.

On that note, as an anonymous poster on a message board, without any verification as an 'insider' or even a real name, everything you say is obviously a rumor as well...
MOO

I am happy to hear that the group priors were not official DUI's. Here in Cali the cops cant wait to stick it to the young kids. no more breaks for being young and foolish. if they are pulled over for a minor traffic infraction cops are looking for a bigger $ citation however they can get it especially in the wealthier areas.
the problem I have with the entire MM story is that this has been floating around since summer and nothing has transpired. it would seem that it would be an easy story to confirm and I would think the cops would be worried that yhey could have a potential serial abductor on their hands. jsut think the mess they would be in if it happened to another student.

I agree about Lauren making a difference in the world, and I've believed that from the beginning. I also believe it's possible she was using drugs recreationally (perhaps prescription ones) and I don't judge nor blame her for that. She was not a drug user or addict. She would not have been able to maintain her studies and, as one teacher said, stay late after class to work on projects.

Based on my read of your following statement coupled with what you have said previously, it would seem Karen and her boyfriend are responsible. Am I understanding correctly?:

"They took her and they lied and tried to smear her name."

Wow this kind of makes sense. Who else can easily spike a drink without anyone expecting it, but the bartender... Who else can force a patron out of a bar, bouncers or the manager? This Karen lady, if the same person who recanted about the mystery man, obviously couldn't have her story corroborated by LE at 3:38 AM.

Supposed she is abducted, Karen could have profited heavily for the spiking and the quick dismissal at Sports. While the plan didn't go accordingly, it is possible the abductor waited around, hence "circling" the block twice....

Thoughts people?

Wow this kind of makes sense. Who else can easily spike a drink without anyone expecting it, but the bartender... Who else can force a patron out of a bar, bouncers or the manager? This Karen lady, if the same person who recanted about the mystery man, obviously couldn't have her story corroborated by LE at 3:38 AM.

Supposed she is abducted, Karen could have profited heavily for the spiking and the quick dismissal at Sports. While the plan didn't go accordingly, it is possible the abductor waited around, hence "circling" the block twice....

Thoughts people?

I can't recall now when Lauren was last seen; how long was she in the townhouse building? I thought it was quite a while, but now can't remember, I guess it depends on which witnesses are believed?

Thoughts people?

BPD later stated that the white truck did not circle the block twice, it only appeared to do so because of a time discrepancy between different video cameras. The truck went by at abt. 4:15.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/20/news.qp-1784939.sto

Would anyone oppose of myself posting a picture of the white truck? I still can't let it go. I had one that I had worked on with just the colors etc. last summer. I check back here once in awhile and saw that elmorejames had made the same comment about not wanting to let this truck thing go quite yet. If we are totally over it, I won't post it. Why did we not any details of it's owner?

BPD later stated that the white truck did not circle the block twice, it only appeared to do so because of a time discrepancy between different video cameras. The truck went by at abt. 4:15.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/20/news.qp-1784939.sto

I tell you, I still keep thinking about that truck. I somehow feel that she was truly abducted and did not die from an overdose. But that's just my opinion.

I also cannot forget the homeless people's statements.

Here they are:

1842631-1.jpg

lauren_spierer_truck.jpg

The last one I colored in what I thought could be Lauren hitching a ride. wayyyy back when.

Why did we not any details of it's owner?

Probably because LE doesn't feel the owner/driver/passenger had anything to do with the case after investigating. But as you can see, people don't want to let it go. Just imagine if the driver or owner was named.

The white truck and driver being cleared was one of the few definitive statements made by the police.

Of course they could be wrong but you'd have to think it would be fairly easy to clear that truck if the driver had a routine schedule he followed, and a passenger (as we were told he/she had) that would help alibi the driver. It's not like you'd expect there'd be two people who'd just decide to randomly abduct someone on their way to work... and still get to work on time too. And then not leave any evidence.

For another thing, it's quite possible that truck appeared on video tape every weekday morning at about that same time. That might lead to a crime of opportunity argument, but then having a co-worker/passenger with them would tend to throw cold water on that theory I would think. Then if they arrived at work on time it would really throw cold water on that. Then factor in the things in the back of the truck being accounted for when it's seen in person.

And since that driver and passenger are known I wouldn't be surprised if LE did some background checks, maybe even kept an eye on them for a while too...

Lastly, surely that wasn't the only vehicle in that area. It just happened to be the one LE got curious enough about to post the photo. But I will say this, since the reason they got curious is they claimed the time stamp made it appear to circle the block, wouldn't any other vehicles have also appeared to circle the block (if there were any other vehicles?)? So maybe there weren't any other vehicles??

I haven't posted in a while, been here since day one of this nightmare. I have come back periodically and there wasn't a whole lot going on, so I have lurked lol. Anyway I figured since there really isn't any new info being posted that I would mention a couple things that we have talked about previously.
In my opinion law enforcement has A Lot more to go on in this case than people think they do. Just the "ping" information alone (of the POI's cell phones) could be enough to clear them or place them in the cross hairs. Ping Technology is totally legit, it essentially tracks you everywhere you go down to a small radius as long as your cell phone is turned on and you are in coverage area. So providing that LE is looking at the right person(s) they are armed with a fairly accurate map of the POI's activities June 2nd 3rd and 4th.
I welcome anyone's opinion on this as very little has been released to the public in this case by LE, but I am about 99% sure that this wasn't a random abduction senario. It's too improbable to lean in that direction for me. I mean were talking a short distance that Lauren would have had to walk in either direction from leaving JR's/MB,CR's before she would have been captured by surveilance video, or walked past a business. Bloomington isn't exactly a major metro area, with a population of around 80,000 people, 138,000 in all of monroe county. As someone mentioned before, there have only been a few random abduction cases in Bloomington's history, so it's not like it's a hot bed for this type of activity in the 1st place.
Ok so fairly small city were dealing with here. Then we only have a few hundered foot window for a stranger to just happen to drive/walk/run up and grab Lauren unoticed at such an odd hour and make a Hoodini escape, without themselves being caught on video or noticed by anyone else! There's a whole slew of other factor's that reduce the probability down to nearly zero that this was random abduction and I welcome the discussion.
I have a very strong suspicion that Lauren never left CR or JR's on foot, I believe that she was either deceased or in critical condition when she left there. I say with near certainty that Lauren knew who disposed of her (possibly killed her). Though I do not lean towards an out and out murder. Given that I for myself have all but ruled out random abduction, which rules out a stranger. I have never heard or seen anything in this case which would lead me to believe that anyone would have had the motive to kill Lauren. Infact when Robert Spierer basiclly said he felt comfortable saying that JW wasn't involved, I ruled out this as a murder. For me ruling out the jealous/rage boyfriend snaps and kills his girlfriend senario pretty much wrapped this up for me as an accidental/OD/medical ailmet death.
I do believe that if Lauren was intoxicated on substances, legal, otherwise or both and something did occur such as an OD or alergic reaction etc. I do see these POI's as the type of people who would or possibly could have disposed of her in an effort of self-preservation. Observing their actions since Lauren has disappeared, I would say that at-least 3 of the POI's have behaved suspiciously. So if things are the way I perceive them to be in this case, then the magnifying glass of the PI's and BPD should be able to be focused on a very small group of people.
I wish we were talking about happy things here and Lauren never went missing, but we are where we are. For the Spierer's sake I hope BPD is keeping the heat on these guys as much as possible. Lauren deserves to be returned to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader