IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As most of us, I'm dumbfounded with the lack of evidence and progress (that we know of) in this case. But I keep going back to a few ideas. Lauren had quite the evening....starting at Midnight, without her boyfriend, but with other boys mostly, then to the bar with only one guy she had just met 5 days prior, not using her cell, losing her cell/shoes, getting kicked out (alledgedly), the altercation at SW, losing her keys/wallet, and walking CR home barefoot, hanging out for 1 1/2 with MB/JR....and then heading out, shoeless, keyless, walletless and phone less.....AND FRIENDLESS. She had NOTHING. That is quite the night....every resource she had started the night with...she lost, yet ventured out into the night alone....that's one piece of the puzzle.
Now, she's gone....thin air, no evidence, no camera/video, no witnesses, no clues......just gone. All the activities, friends, acquantances, strangers....no one knows, suspects or heard anything?????? That's the other piece of the puzzle. It just doesn't fit that such an eventful night, led to such a clean exit.....which makes me think when 2 pieces of the puzzle don't fit, maybe there's 2 puzzles. Maybe, the events, although abundant and rare are NOT related to her dissappearance. I have a hard time with that....but entertaining that thought as there is just so little to go on and no activity in the case.

Ive not had anything to add lately. Really wish SOMETHING would happen.
I never paid attn i guess-has there always been soooo many ppl disappearing and then at the same time soooo many bodies "being found"? All these bodies turning up and still no Lauren.
Still the first thing i think of every single day.

Me too! I had a superstition that if I quit checking in on this thread so much, even left it alone altogether for a while, things would magically progress. Guess not, right?

I'm just waiting for the next installment of from CS.... seems like it should be about time, doesn't it? I liked it better when we were getting more frequent communication from her.

My gut reaction when I first heard of LS disaapperance on a hot summer night in Bloomington was that she was intoxicated, pretty, very lightweight, all making her an easy target. She was either noticed by a perp when she was walking alone, or fell, passed out, or was hit by a vehicle and quickly scooped up and whisked away. Or was enticed or went voluntarily (albeit not sober) with a stranger for ride home, or to party.... With all we know about the cameras on that area, on that night, is this still a possibility? I first thought that she may have been hit on the st. that had no sidewalk cuz of construction. Could a camera have missed this?

As most of us, I'm dumbfounded with the lack of evidence and progress (that we know of) in this case. But I keep going back to a few ideas. Lauren had quite the evening....starting at Midnight, without her boyfriend, but with other boys mostly, then to the bar with only one guy she had just met 5 days prior, not using her cell, losing her cell/shoes, getting kicked out (alledgedly), the altercation at SW, losing her keys/wallet, and walking CR home barefoot, hanging out for 1 1/2 with MB/JR....and then heading out, shoeless, keyless, walletless and phone less.....AND FRIENDLESS. She had NOTHING. That is quite the night....every resource she had started the night with...she lost, yet ventured out into the night alone....that's one piece of the puzzle.
Now, she's gone....thin air, no evidence, no camera/video, no witnesses, no clues......just gone. All the activities, friends, acquantances, strangers....no one knows, suspects or heard anything?????? That's the other piece of the puzzle. It just doesn't fit that such an eventful night, led to such a clean exit.....which makes me think when 2 pieces of the puzzle don't fit, maybe there's 2 puzzles. Maybe, the events, although abundant and rare are NOT related to her dissappearance. I have a hard time with that....but entertaining that thought as there is just so little to go on and no activity in the case.

I wonder if anyone can vouch for the whereabouts of the Rosenbaum dad June 2 to June 5?????????? Just asking. There are lots of boys who would call their father or an older brother when something bad happens for advice.

I wonder if anyone can vouch for the whereabouts of the Rosenbaum dad June 2 to June 5?????????? Just asking. There are lots of boys who would call their father or an older brother when something bad happens for advice.

Like Mike McQueary in the PSU case. Although obviously the circumstances are totally different - the outcome could be the same, Daddy helping to push a serious issue under the rug rather than reporting it to the authorities.

Like Mike McQueary in the PSU case. Although obviously the circumstances are totally different - the outcome could be the same, Daddy helping to push a serious issue under the rug rather than reporting it to the authorities.

Sorry, brief o/t...PSU is my university, and for me the whole mess is really sad. Ive read the gj report several times through. I can't listen to ESPN without hearing someone say how s/he would've done better than Joe Paterno (even tho, to my understanding, he fulfilled his legal obligation)...and I wonder, would they, really?

Yes... I'm pretty sure I would have...

And when a 28 year old grad student has to ask his Daddy what to do when he sees a child being raped by an adult... I just can't fathom that. And really, I can't understand ANYTHING that happened after that!

And... if the parents of any of the kids who were with LS that night were involved in getting rid of her, I really can't fathom that....

But, the students rioting at PS brought it all home to me... they really don't get it... and perhaps, neither did these kids who were with LS...

I find that terribly sad...

I remember seeing a tweet by him within the first several days. It was his first and last before he went private or closed his Twitter account--something like that. As I recall his message was short, direct, and defensive.

Yes... I'm pretty sure I would have...

And when a 28 year old grad student has to ask his Daddy what to do when he sees a child being raped by an adult... I just can't fathom that. And really, I can't understand ANYTHING that happened after that!

And... if the parents of any of the kids who were with LS that night were involved in getting rid of her, I really can't fathom that....

But, the students rioting at PS brought it all home to me... they really don't get it... and perhaps, neither did these kids who were with LS...

I find that terribly sad...

I agree. People are too afraid to get involved ... but the consequences of not getting involved are worse, in both the PSU case and this one, most especially for the victims. It wasn't just Mike McQueary—reportedly a temporary janitor saw another incident and that pretty much slid by, too. Both men were disturbed but walked away from the activity, which was clearly an adult abusing a child. I don't get that. Disturbing for them? I hope I wouldn't do that ... open the shower, scream for help, pull the fire alarm, whatever ... but make it stop then and there.

Re: LS ... I keep going back to her leaving Sports, possibly kicked out because she was "foaming at the mouth." Maybe that's where someone needed to step in. Or also before she followed CR out of SW. Or before she left 5 North, if that's what happened ...

I understand walking away from a crime that doesn't involve physically hurting someone... embezzlement, theft... etc...

But to see someone in danger... and know that you have the power to intervene and get help... and to still walk away... I don't get that at all!!

I've been thinking about local freshwater ponds and lakes. I think they could be searched more extensively. I think Lake Monroe was partially searched by underwater scuba divers. Were any other bodies of water dive searched? What about University Lake out by the golf course? Are there any kind of boats there? What about Griffey Resevoir?

I noticed there is a road that spans Griffey Resevoir. Does Headley Rd go across Griffey Resevoir like a bridge, or does it lie on top of the water with embankments on either side?

I'm also highly interested in Geist Resevoir in Indianapolis. It's not too far away from ZO's house?, I think?, and apparently LE are suspicious, as well. They seemed awfully excited when they found another girl's body there last summer.

Do local dive stores hold any opendive activities in these bodies of water? Little cold now, but...

I remember seeing a tweet by him within the first several days. It was his first and last before he went private or closed his Twitter account--something like that. As I recall his message was short, direct, and defensive.

the dad, and not JR himself?

I think if she would of been hit by a car on accident there would of been some blood evidence.

I've been thinking about local freshwater ponds and lakes. I think they could be searched more extensively. I think Lake Monroe was partially searched by underwater scuba divers. Were any other bodies of water dive searched? What about University Lake out by the golf course? Are there any kind of boats there? What about Griffey Resevoir?

I noticed there is a road that spans Griffey Resevoir. Does Headley Rd go across Griffey Resevoir like a bridge, or does it lie on top of the water with embankments on either side?

I'm also highly interested in Geist Resevoir in Indianapolis. It's not too far away from ZO's house?, I think?, and apparently LE are suspicious, as well. They seemed awfully excited when they found another girl's body there last summer.

Do local dive stores hold any opendive activities in these bodies of water? Little cold now, but...

Geist Reservoir was of interest to me, too. Someone, I believe Bessie, posted a document about it and stuff upstream. If you want, I can bring that forward.

Bodies of water have always interested me in terms of this case, whether the PsOI are involved or not. If JR or DB are involved, for instance, water is something they grew up around, being from SE Michigan. It comes with that territory, and IMO, we gravitate toward what we know. And if not, well, as you noted, LE found another girl's body in a reservoir last summer. It seems to be a constant in many cases.

I think if she would of been hit by a car on accident there would of been some blood evidence.

Doesn't matter how much blood evidence there would be if nobody is looking for it.

Headley Road is like a bridge that goes over the water. You can canoe from the east side of the lake over to the much larger west side underneath the bridge. It is also very popular to fish from there.

My gut reaction when I first heard of LS disaapperance on a hot summer night in Bloomington was that she was intoxicated, pretty, very lightweight, all making her an easy target. She was either noticed by a perp when she was walking alone, or fell, passed out, or was hit by a vehicle and quickly scooped up and whisked away. Or was enticed or went voluntarily (albeit not sober) with a stranger for ride home, or to party.... With all we know about the cameras on that area, on that night, is this still a possibility? I first thought that she may have been hit on the st. that had no sidewalk cuz of construction. Could a camera have missed this?

I still think of the white truck. I think it is related to her disappearance. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia