IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know... but I'm not sure that it would be in CR's best interest to press charges. His 'memory loss', potential involvement with drugs and the fact that it seems likely that he doesn't want the subject of the 'altercation' to be known would all make pointing fingers at others a little awkward, I think....

Ugh-ur right. So right. See Thats why i need this board.

I don't know... but I'm not sure that it would be in CR's best interest to press charges. His 'memory loss', potential involvement with drugs and the fact that it seems likely that he doesn't want the subject of the 'altercation' to be known would all make pointing fingers at others a little awkward, I think....

Likewise, seeking medical attention that night would have been awkward too. It may have even resulted in his arrest, who knows. It's too bad because Lauren might still be with us.

Until recently, the Bloomington Herald-Times did not require a paid subscription for any articles about Lauren Spierer. Apparently that policy has changed.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/12/26/news.spierer-search-continues-into-2012.sto
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...erer-also-top-2011-story-among-hto-voters.sto
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/12/31/news.spierer-case-dominates-2011.sto
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/st...-it-exposed-deserve-to-be-years-top-story.sto

Four stories were published in the past week, mostly about Lauren Spierer's disappearance being the top story of 2011.

Posted: 2 days 1 hour ago
Words cannot express the sadness which fills our hearts in Lauren's absence. As the New Year approaches we pray for answers and for Lauren's safe return. Just one small miracle.... We hope that YOU, the person who took Lauren, will finally have the courage to end this nightmare for our family. We are here, waiting, for your answers.
Rob, Charlene and Rebecca Spierer
Missing you, Lauren, every second of every day. Know that we will NEVER give up. We are just as determined this day as we were when we learned of your disappearance. We love you, Lauren. Hoping today is the day....

Mom, Dad and Rebecca

Geez i cant stand it when we hear NOTHING about Lauren for day&days&days. Come on! Somebody HAS GOT to break soon!! I just dont know how the Spierers r gettn thru the days

Geez i cant stand it when we hear NOTHING about Lauren for day&days&days. Come on! Somebody HAS GOT to break soon!! I just dont know how the Spierers r gettn thru the days

There are days it really bothers me for one reason or another. The Missing flyers are still posted all over. Yay!!! Not one day goes by that I don't see her face somewhere; most days I see her face several times--like if I go shopping or out for lunch. I think the FB gals that put together the PUMP activity (Put Up More Posters) did a great, great service. It really made a difference and it worked.

The week the students left campus for holiday break was eerie and sad. There is a Missing billboard in front of Hillel Center and it's all I could do to not cry as I drove by because the streets were empty and lonely, and it was dark, cold, and damp out. I had to banish thoughts from my mind. Then I thought this is .0000000000000000000001 of what the Spierer's must feel.

(((Hugs)))

:candle: for Lauren

Are IU students back in town?

I was thinking about Lauren a few days ago before bed and was trying to find a way to work in a scenario where CR would be a suspect, but not JR. I got really excited because I was like, well Lauren could have totally went back to CR's place afterward and just told JR she was going home!!! WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT!
Then I remembered JR specifically said he watched her going around the corner. Forgive me, it was late :p
Of course, there are other ways to explain that, but the easiest one would have been if JR did not, indeed, say he saw her turning that corner.

I have been meaning to go back over the entire case. Look at all the details again after stepping back for awhile, discern rumor from educated guess from fact, and maybe come up with a list of what I consider plausible scenarios or possibilities. Not sure it will help at all, but I hate feeling like I can do nothing but pray while her family suffers and Lauren remains lost.

I was thinking about Lauren a few days ago before bed and was trying to find a way to work in a scenario where CR would be a suspect, but not JR. I got really excited because I was like, well Lauren could have totally went back to CR's place afterward and just told JR she was going home!!! WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT!
Then I remembered JR specifically said he watched her going around the corner. Forgive me, it was late :p
Of course, there are other ways to explain that, but the easiest one would have been if JR did not, indeed, say he saw her turning that corner.

I have been meaning to go back over the entire case. Look at all the details again after stepping back for awhile, discern rumor from educated guess from fact, and maybe come up with a list of what I consider plausible scenarios or possibilities. Not sure it will help at all, but I hate feeling like I can do nothing but pray while her family suffers and Lauren remains lost.

Or if he lied or misremembered. Or maybe he did see her turn that corner, but something happened afterward to make her change direction?:waitasec:

20 year-old IU student who lives at Smallwood was just charged with selling Xanax. I can't help thinking this may be related to investigating Lauren's disappearance because it took the authorities 4 months to complete their case and all they came up with was 20 pills! Don't you think?!

The newspaper article requires a subscription which I don't have. Maybe Bloom54 or someone else will drop in.

20 year-old IU student who lives at Smallwood was just charged with selling Xanax. I can't help thinking this may be related to investigating Lauren's disappearance because it took the authorities 4 months to complete their case and all they came up with was 20 pills! Don't you think?!

The newspaper article requires a subscription which I don't have. Maybe Bloom54 or someone else will drop in.

Got to believe LE feels some pressure to show they are cracking down on drug use. But if that's all they can come with :waitasec:

I would bet the connection is the result of the police and landlord feeling pressure to bring doings at Smallwood under control in the wake of LS's disappearance, but not otherwise directly related to her case.

Her family has been in my thoughts. I was so hoping that they would have closure by Thanksgiving.

I would bet the connection is the result of the police and landlord feeling pressure to bring doings at Smallwood under control in the wake of LS's disappearance, but not otherwise directly related to her case.

Her family has been in my thoughts. I was so hoping that they would have closure by Thanksgiving.

Hi, there. Yes, I had considered that as well about Smallwood. Admittedly, I may be wishfully thinking. He lived in SW last summer and was arrested several days after Lauren disappeared for the usual: fake ID, underage drinking, etc.

Wierdness. Apparently a prank Tweet occurred this afternoon saying Lauren's body had been found in Brown County (likely place, actually) and that a 50 year-old man turned himself in. Bloomington PD deny and so does Brown County, in local media.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/30199147/detail.html

Wow, this makes me sad ... some sicko playing head games with Lauren's life via Twitter? OTOH, I wonder if it could amount to anything else, like someone trying to bait somebody else, etc.

It's creepy, regardless.

What is "whiner with a mission" talking about? :waitasec:

Perhaps that LS is in the "news" in some capacity every two weeks? Or maybe there have been other fake tweets about other subjects? IDK ... very weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153