IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehashing old stuff is good to do. New or never-before noticed details can surface. For example, out of curiosity I was just searching to see what age JR was last June to see if could drink legally. I'll put it in its on post.

I'd wager that HT said JR ran out of alcohol by the time Lauren and DR arrived because this gets him off the hook for any alcohol she might have consumed there or to deflect any appearance of possible alcohol use. Also, it gives a good reason for the group to leave when it fact it could have gone like this: LS and DR go to JR's for party favors and he says "We have to go to Sports to get it."

12:30 a.m. is early to run out of alcohol on a Thurs night and with an out-of-town guest no less.

You make all good, valid points about HT. I think Gatto was onto her and she knew he wold ask the hard questions while the local media just let her talk and answer base questions.

I have wondered whether or not HT knew more than she said publicly. It is odd that she was the one who told JR's version of the story to the press, when JR himself was keeping quiet and hiring a very good lawyer. Also, while several of LS's friends quickly put out Tweets about her disappearance, HT did not tweet anything until Monday. See Tony Gatto blog at link below. Also, HT said something (in an article that is now gone but partly quoted in a comment on Tony Gatto's site: "She [LS] is just a fun and smart girl who loves hanging out and partying. Unfortunately, it just went too far this time. I just think she was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

I wonder what she meant by "it just went too far this time."

http://tonygatto.com/2011/06/28/fri...er-friends-in-panicked-effort-to-find-lauren/

I still believe HT had nothing really to do with what happened and doesn't know anymore than she has already spouted off. I really think she is someone who adores attention and ran her mouth to cameras for that reason. Slightly obnoxious, but not really involved or a key to solving the case. I know I differ from many here in that regard though.

I have played with the idea that JR/MB/?? were lying for CR, but it is difficult for me to imagine why multiple boys would lie for another one and ESPECIALLY JR putting himself out there as the one who saw her last and, therefore, making himself the traditional prime suspect. I don't know though-I guess some circumstances would make it possible especially if they were all involved somehow?

I have wondered whether or not HT knew more than she said publicly. It is odd that she was the one who told JR's version of the story to the press, when JR himself was keeping quiet and hiring a very good lawyer. Also, while several of LS's friends quickly put out Tweets about her disappearance, HT did not tweet anything until Monday. See Tony Gatto blog at link below. Also, HT said something (in an article that is now gone but partly quoted in a comment on Tony Gatto's site: "She [LS] is just a fun and smart girl who loves hanging out and partying. Unfortunately, it just went too far this time. I just think she was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

I wonder what she meant by "it just went too far this time."

http://tonygatto.com/2011/06/28/fri...er-friends-in-panicked-effort-to-find-lauren/

When you play the whole interview in context, it appears she is saying Lauren got herself kidnapped by being out too late. Of course she also heard the same rumors we have heard. http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/national/110608-search-for-missing-student

Most who knew Lauren speak of the excellent student, the girl who spent evenings at
the libraries, the girl who was always volunteering, the girl who would jump into a bullying situation and stop it even when the bullies were bigger than her.
HT is friend of the POIs, one and all and perhaps she does not want to believe her friends may have committed such an awful crime and she says this is really a kidnapping. I want to believe that too. However, the unusual behavior of the POIs after the crime is poking holes in my kidnapping Stockholm theory. I wish they would stand up and clear their names if they can because they look so guilty in the eyes of the world.

Most who knew Lauren speak of the excellent student, the girl who spent evenings at
the libraries, the girl who was always volunteering, the girl who would jump into a bullying situation and stop it even when the bullies were bigger than her.
HT is friend of the POIs, one and all and perhaps she does not want to believe her friends may have committed such an awful crime and she says this is really a kidnapping. I want to believe that too. However, the unusual behavior of the POIs after the crime is poking holes in my kidnapping Stockholm theory. I wish they would stand up and clear their names if they can because they look so guilty in the eyes of the world.

Yes, but part of the reason they look so guilty is because all the focus is on them since they are the last ones to admit seeing her and this is the only info the authorities have released. ...and/or all that the media has really pushed for.

The boyfriend doesn't seem to be getting the scrutiny he otherwise would (or probably should), nor do the people involved in the altercation at Smallwood. There are many details there lacking from the public record. Without some word on why they shouldn't be considered it makes it hard to solely focus on anyone if you try to maintain an open mind. There's every chance that if we knew the reason for the altercation at Smallwood it could change everything. It could add several variables to the narrative that are sorely lacking. It could bring cause for a wider net, or it could totally be a non factor and actually shrink the net. I find it odd how that info has never really seen the light of day. I'm not sure if there's some good reason it should be secret or if it's a combination of LE being quiet to a fault and just bad investigative journalism to leave that part of the story un-mined.

Yet whatever the reason for the altercation...LE probably knows the details and seemingly, it has not helped them...JMO

Yes, but part of the reason they look so guilty is because all the focus is on them since they are the last ones to admit seeing her and this is the only info the authorities have released. ...and/or all that the media has really pushed for.

The boyfriend doesn't seem to be getting the scrutiny he otherwise would (or probably should), nor do the people involved in the altercation at Smallwood. There are many details there lacking from the public record. Without some word on why they shouldn't be considered it makes it hard to solely focus on anyone if you try to maintain an open mind. There's every chance that if we knew the reason for the altercation at Smallwood it could change everything. It could add several variables to the narrative that are sorely lacking. It could bring cause for a wider net, or it could totally be a non factor and actually shrink the net. I find it odd how that info has never really seen the light of day. I'm not sure if there's some good reason it should be secret or if it's a combination of LE being quiet to a fault and just bad investigative journalism to leave that part of the story un-mined.

I can't disagree with you. But, I must ask. Are you sure that anyone is investigating or looking for Lauren today besides us. This girl needs some help to go home.

I can't disagree with you. But, I must ask. Are you sure that anyone is investigating or looking for Lauren today besides us. This girl needs some help to go home.

The PI's might be doing something. OTOH, I imagine LE is just waiting on the phone to rang but actively doing nothing.

The counter argument to that might be they've done all they can do. Of course they haven't actually done any kind of information dissemination to see if getting more info to the public could shake something loose. But the argument against that is they don't want to jeopardize their case. And at some point you have to ask: What case (do they have)?

Yet whatever the reason for the altercation...LE probably knows the details and seemingly, it has not helped them...JMO

I think even Deputies Barney and Gomer would have seen this as a red flag
because action speaks louder than words. However, it's not surprise surprise
surprise or shaaaaazzzzzzzaaaaaaaaam yet.

I think even Deputies Barney and Gomer would have seen this as a red flag
because action speaks louder than words. However, it's not surprise surprise
surprise or shaaaaazzzzzzzaaaaaaaaam yet.

I have started thinking that this case may be much simpler than the various scenarios and possibilities. Based on the news info, the POI who was with her most of the evening has refused to talk to the police and her parents and claims "memory loss". Is that right? That is my understanding at least. If so, that is suspicious. If e there was really "memory loss" why would n't he talk to her parents and/or the police? There would be nothing to be afraid of, as he supposedly suffers from memory loss about the incident. The combination of the claim of memory loss AND the refusal to talk is suspicious.

An alternative scenario may be that LS never made it back to 5 North. Is it possible that LS "disappeared" before she made it back to the 5 North apartments? Is it possible that the POI with the "memory loss" returned alone to that building after LS "disappeared" and his roommate and the neighbor POI offered to help him and cover up for him not knowing what exactly might have happened? I have not read anywhere any evidence from cameras documenting that LS really made it to 5 North.

A meeting should take place between all the POI's (with their lawyers) and LE in order to establish exactly where each was that night with LS, and afterwards to the next day. As a ground rule to avoid any prosecution - no questions or mention of drugs/alcohol (giving/taking).
I know the lawyers would never agree to this (sad testament to their profession). But if any of these POI's really cared about LS or have a conscious they should do this.

I believe some guys made up a story of a drug OD and abuse of a corpse in order to cover up murder or kidnapping. This way, a Class A felony was covered up with a little Class D felony. It seems to have almost worked. But, we won't let them. We will find Lauren.
Then, the bad boy can explain himself.

http://www.wave3.com/story/18066930...-connection-between-gibson-missing-iu-student

I know there has been a little chatter about this, and sadly it probably isn't going to bring any resolution to the case but it's important to keep all options open. I have a lot of friends from the New Albany/Floyd Knobs/Jeffersonville area and there are plenty of students who come to Bloomington from there. It wouldn't be completely out of the question to believe this guy would come up to Bloomington, IMO. I can't believe that I'm writing my final paper for the semester and LS' case is still unresolved. The year has flown by, but nothing has changed. Graduation is this weekend and soon after Bloomington will become the sleepy ghost town that it is in the summer. I hope this brings some resolution.

http://www.wave3.com/story/18066930...-connection-between-gibson-missing-iu-student

I know there has been a little chatter about this, and sadly it probably isn't going to bring any resolution to the case but it's important to keep all options open. I have a lot of friends from the New Albany/Floyd Knobs/Jeffersonville area and there are plenty of students who come to Bloomington from there. It wouldn't be completely out of the question to believe this guy would come up to Bloomington, IMO. I can't believe that I'm writing my final paper for the semester and LS' case is still unresolved. The year has flown by, but nothing has changed. Graduation is this weekend and soon after Bloomington will become the sleepy ghost town that it is in the summer. I hope this brings some resolution.

Thanks for posting this. The surprise is that Bill Warner was correct in that
a serial killer was operating in the area targeting women. And, he was based out of the Louisville area as well, like Warner said.
We don't yet know if this guy was in Bloomington on June 3. But, what a creep!
It's 11 months now that Lauren has been missing.

Well, what strikes me is that he seems to frequent bars, which could be a link to LS. The victims thus far are 35 or over, but there's also an age range between them, so perhaps age isn't a factor here. Never say never, IMO ...

Good luck on your final paper, Alliecog. I'm sure you'll do great!

Thank you very much! I am currently winding down after my only all-nighter of the semester and couldn't be happier with how my semester turned out so far. I took some time away from IU to refocus, and now I'm back and 227 days away from my graduation!

While I am so happy and officially finished with school until summer classes in late June, I'm sad to see this year come full circle. I have paid close attention to the case since the morning she went missing (as we have a mutual friend but never met), and I feel like Bloomington is starting to resent her and her family. It's heartbreaking to see the posters torn down and hear people expressing their frustration with the attention they have received over the past year. Maybe with the mass exodus of students coming up, the supporters who helped last year will resurface with a more positive attitude.

Well, I'm off to bed. Nothing to do until work at 8 pm and I've been up for almost 24 hours. Hope we can get some productive discussion going :)

What if Gibson is the creep who got Lauren? What if her friends had cooperated and cleared their names? The investigation could have moved forward and this creep might have been caught with modern technology. The lives of 3 more women might have been saved.
Another reason to speak up when your friend goes missing is the public good and public safety.

My bet is that Gibson is not the creep who took Lauren Spierer. I've been focusing on
this being a friend or friends of a friend of hers who lived in her neighborhood. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321