IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I hope that everything at the end of your semester went well for you and that you got some well-deserved rest! :)

Second, I'm really sad to hear that people are reacting negatively to Lauren and her family. Yes, she has had a lot of attention, but IMO, wtf is wrong with that?! I know we have all heard about how a MP who looks like Lauren is more likely to get lots of public attention than one of another ethnicity, or who isn't rich, or who isn't pretty, or who is living on the margins of society. And normally I would be the first person to get on a soapbox about that. But IMO if it weren't for her parents' continued dedication people would've forgotten about her long ago, rich/white/pretty/successful or not! Yes her parents are in a sense lucky to be in a position where they can dedicate themselves to her case like this and not worry about where their next meal or rent payment is coming from, but who among us in their position wouldn't take advantage of that?! Why shouldn't they be proactive? Who is it hurting?! :banghead:

Really well said! I don't think anyone directly involved in her disappearance is likely to come forward, but by keeping the media spotlight on LS, someone who is not directly involved but hears something may come forward. Also, it keeps pressure on the perp and keeps them worried, always wondering when they are going see lots of police cars at their door.

There are more Lauren stories coming out right now. Today is May 8 and one year ago today was the last time Lauren saw her mother. We aren't tired of Lauren's story. And, we will find you Lauren.

There are more Lauren stories coming out right now. Today is May 8 and one year ago today was the last time Lauren saw her mother. We aren't tired of Lauren's story. And, we will find you Lauren.

Do you hear any new ones? Or is it mostly the same stories?

First, I hope that everything at the end of your semester went well for you and that you got some well-deserved rest! :)

Second, I'm really sad to hear that people are reacting negatively to Lauren and her family. Yes, she has had a lot of attention, but IMO, wtf is wrong with that?! I know we have all heard about how a MP who looks like Lauren is more likely to get lots of public attention than one of another ethnicity, or who isn't rich, or who isn't pretty, or who is living on the margins of society. And normally I would be the first person to get on a soapbox about that. But IMO if it weren't for her parents' continued dedication people would've forgotten about her long ago, rich/white/pretty/successful or not! Yes her parents are in a sense lucky to be in a position where they can dedicate themselves to her case like this and not worry about where their next meal or rent payment is coming from, but who among us in their position wouldn't take advantage of that?! Why shouldn't they be proactive? Who is it hurting?! :banghead:

There was a CNN article about the case back when Lauren's mom wrote that letter and 90% of comments were complaining that CNN was even talking about the case. There were only a few articles about Lauren prior to this, and most received less than 50 comments so I'm guessing they weren't on the front page. This was the first big, featured article about Lauren. If these people are only getting their news from CNN, they don't have an excuse that they've been overexposed to her case.

CNN article about JonBenet 14 years after she was murdered? Very few complainers. CNN's 4847747474 article about Caylee Anthony since she was murdered? Very few complainers. CNN's first article about Lauren in two months and only their 10th article overall? People freak out.

My theory on it is that most people just hear that Lauren was partying and drinking before she went missing...possible drug connection...and it turns them away. So for those CNN commenters, most of them weren't "tired" of hearing about Lauren. They just aren't interested in learning the facts of the case, discussing the case, so what's left besides telling the media to shut up about it?

I was just looking at some of my family history. 5 girls were kidnapped in the last 250 years. Some were taken more than 1,000 miles from home. We found them all. We didn't have modern technology. So, what's up with this? Oh, I know the answer. We forgot to respect the rights of the bad guy. Just wow! Now, we are expected to just wait for a creep to feel guilty and confess.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying I felt sad that this was the case. I think they should do whatever they can to help bring LS home!!

And my semester went swimmingly- 2 As and 2 Bs

Oh I know, sorry, my frustration wasn't directed at you. I understood, so my bad.

And congrats on finishing the semester so well! Whee!

Very well said. I was sympathetic to the cause. But, beating up the grieving family of a missing child is outrageous. And, it's laughable when people claim the Spierers have paid for all these news stories. They did not do that. Media is driven by people's interest in a story and one hundred million souls on this planet want to know what happened to Lauren. Now, I am convinced that MPWWS is a myth. Trayvon's family showed us this. Trayvon and Lauren had parents who really went to bat for their child. That is why they have so much publicity.
You are right and some people who post on news threads have bad manners.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying I felt sad that this was the case. I think they should do whatever they can to help bring LS home!!

And my semester went swimmingly- 2 As and 2 Bs

Good job, Alliecog! And yes, I agree ... the Spierers have every right to do everything they can to find Lauren and closure. I think it gets uncomfortable for some people at a certain point, which is sad ... because even if you think this could never happen to you or yours, it could. Maybe that's what they find difficult, actually. Denial can take strange forms ...

O/T: One of the few things I miss about taking classes is how awesome I felt at the end of the semester! :takeabow:

When I was coming home from work tonight around midnight I drove downtown to see what the scene was like. It's Tuesday so the Kilroys bars (Kilroys on Kirkwood and Kilroys Sports (LS) in particular) have $2 drink specials on almost every drink imaginable. I saw so many people out and about, and too many people, both girls and guys walking by themselves, completely oblivious to the world around them. It saddens me...

Thanks for the support! I've been on this page almost every day since LS disappeared, like you I'll never give up... I see a lot of parallels between our lives (east coast, Jewish, loves camp, IU student) and I look around at my younger friends and former campers and see a lot of LS in them.

When I was coming home from work tonight around midnight I drove downtown to see what the scene was like. It's Tuesday so the Kilroys bars (Kilroys on Kirkwood and Kilroys Sports (LS) in particular) have $2 drink specials on almost every drink imaginable. I saw so many people out and about, and too many people, both girls and guys walking by themselves, completely oblivious to the world around them. It saddens me... Thanks for the support! I've been on this page almost every day since LS disappeared, like you I'll never give up... I see a lot of parallels between our lives (east coast, Jewish, loves camp, IU student) and I look around at my younger friends and former campers and see a lot of LS in them.

BBM
Thanks for on-the-scene perspective! Your mention of what I've placed in bold makes me believe all the more LS was not randomly taken. (Wish there was a better way to word this) With so many to choose from on any even night, the odds of Lauren being taken are all the more slim, IMO, and in cases I've followed it seems just when the person it taken, all of a sudden the "friend" who was with the person prior, just happens not to be there...

Sending good thoughts CS's way this weekend for Mothers' Day. :heartbeat:

Hope and prayers that Lauren is found soon. We just need a little help. Maybe, the help will arrive very soon. Woe will find he who hurt Lauren and it shall follow him forever.

So, what do we know of the out of town friend at JRs that night? Name? when he left? current whereabouts? Could LS have left with him? etc.

I only post sporadically but I do read everything & try to keep up as much as I can. If I have missed this apologies in advance but I would like to know if CR has a car?

I believe none of the POI's have had their cars searched, is it because all have lawyered up?

The key to finding Lauren IMO is in one of these cars

I would really like to see a good investigative national news reporter take this story.
I mean someone who will dig deeply because something just is not right. And, we will
find the truth!!!!!!

I would really like to see a good investigative national news reporter take this story.
I mean someone who will dig deeply because something just is not right. And, we will
find the truth!!!!!!

If none of Lauren's friends will talk to him/her, not sure how much good it would do. Apparently they won't even talk to her parents, for the most part, which is mind-boggling. I am sitting here, many states away and knowing nothing, wishing I had something I could tell her parents, just to comfort them...JMO

find the truth!!!!!!

I agree! the least they could do is stir the pot a bit perhaps, make some people nervous....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member